Pioneer VSX-820-K echo problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently set up a Pioneer VSX-830-K receiver, PolkAudio Blackstone TL1 5 speaker set, a PolkAudio PSW110 sub, with DirecTV. Everything is up and connected and we've ran Pioneer's MCACC. Dolby has been turned on, on DirecTV.

Problem: When setting the receiver to Action or any audio setting that that should include all audio channels, there is a very bad echo. When stereo is turned off, all the sound comes through all channels and there is no echo.

Did we miss something in the setup or is there a problem with the different brands together?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 AM

mine does the same. Whenever I use one of the "Advanced Surround" settings, it has an echo. So, I never use them. Well, except when the source is only in stereo, I set the advanced surround to, "ext. stereo"

I usually use standard (adjusted to dolby PLII, or whatever the source material offers), Auto, or direct surround. You shouldn't have any echos with those.

I hope that helps.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-01-2011, 10:09 AM

I have the same problem, I have 4 yamaha speakers , Blue ray and DVR, I use the 2 optical for audio, so the only setting with no echo and where I can use the 4 speakers is "ext stereo" ....even the sound is great it is like you have a lot of options but you just can use one..does not make sense...Did you guys figure something else to eliminate the echo on the others surround settings.....

Thks.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-10-2011, 02:03 PM

I was having that echo problem too. The problem occurred after I hooked up my new center and changed the speaker setting(in "manual sp setup") to "small" for my center. I left the front speaker setting on "large". Then I had the echo effect. To fix it, I went back into "system setup", then "manual sp setup", then "crossover network". Set frequency to 50hz. After doing that, I was satisfied with the sound.

Alternately, you can try putting all the speakers on the same setting("large" or "small") in "speaker setting".

Goodluck!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page