Official Anthem Statement Amp (P2 and P5) owners thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 69 Old 09-02-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I have no problem recommending the A2/A5 which are solid, reliable (based on MCA series) and more reasonably sized but also with Statement parts and appearance. They have a tiny touch of warmth and plenty of power; trust me I compared the A2 directly with a SimAudio Moon W5 $7000 on 85dB Paragon speakers and it gave up very little!

The P-series is just not necessary and doesn't sound any better IMO.

Last edited by AVfile; 07-31-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 Old 02-03-2014, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Anyone have an Anthem Amp that takes about 30 minutes to go from normal to LOUD? I have 3 Anthem amps but 1 takes a long time to reach maximum loudness. I either have to crank my sound when I first turn it on or wait about 30 minutes for it to reach full volume. My other 2 don't have this issue.
post #63 of 69 Old 02-04-2014, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
boe
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

Anyone have an Anthem Amp that takes about 30 minutes to go from normal to LOUD? I have 3 Anthem amps but 1 takes a long time to reach maximum loudness. I either have to crank my sound when I first turn it on or wait about 30 minutes for it to reach full volume. My other 2 don't have this issue.

Please disregard - I did some equipment moving around. It seems that one of my 2 Denon AVPs is the source of the issue. If I move the P5 between the BR and LR, both P5's work fine - it is the AVP in the bedroom that seems to take a while to output at full capacity.
post #64 of 69 Old 02-13-2014, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
What is the P5 retail price right now?
post #65 of 69 Old 07-30-2014, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Integra DTA-70.1 Vs P5

I currently have Integra DTR 70.4 AVR which I use with the Integra Power Amp DTA-70.1, I have this teamed up with an 11.2 setup.

If I was to change the Integra power amps to two Anthem P5s, what ultimately would I notice with the audio, would the change be obvious?
What types of change would one expect?

Murray Thompson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #66 of 69 Old 08-06-2014, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Not sure of what audio changes you would hear over the Integra, but the thought of two P5's running your system is amazing. Just remember that you will need four outlets to power those two P5's.

Cheers from the Great White North.
My gear: ANTHEM AVM50v, STATEMENT A5 - ARCAM DV139, CD17 - PANASONIC 65VT30 (THX Calibrated) - SONY BDP-S5000ES - PANAMAX 5500EX - M&K V1250THX sub - TANNOY EYRIS DC3, DCC, DC1 - AUDIOQUEST Cables - SHUNYATA RESEARCH Power cords - HARMONY One - PRIMACOUSTIC Recoil Stabilizers
post #67 of 69 Old 08-06-2014, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
boe
AVS Special Member

You'd probably make your biggest improvement by switching away from the Integra processor. I've never heard their amps though. I've had a few prepros and although the onkyo receiver I had 20 plus years ago was good bang for the buck, the integra prerpro (Professional PR-SC885) I bought about the same time the Denon AVP came out sounded dreadful. I speant hours tweaking it ( I do both server and HT installs so I'm reasonably knowledgeable about technical things) but it always sounded like crap IMHO. I had a Sony ES prepro (back when the Sony ES was actually a very well respected brand) before and it was pretty darn good but terribly long in the tooth. I had the Integra for about 4 months before I bought the AVP and it was AMAZING how much better it sounded (was using the anthem p5 with the Integra before I bought the AVP and it was night and day between the two prepros). I ended up giving the Integra to a friend and chalked it up to a lesson learned. I'd wait for HDMI 2.0 and all the copy protection nonsense before replacing it but I'm hoping within 1 year someone will have something that actually surpasses the AVP. While I love the AVP it is starting to show its age if you are ready for 4K.

If I were you I'd save the money on the Anthem. While I really like the sound, they have a circuit board that goes bad on a LOT of them. Anthem doesn't want you to buy the board and replace it yourself so you have to haul that rather heavy device to an Anthem authorized repair center. If the Anthems didn't have that issue with the bad circuit board, I'd actually recommend them but since I've seen it on 3 out of three Anthem amps all bought from different locations and years apart, I'm pretty sure it has to be a common issue.

Last edited by boe; 08-06-2014 at 10:21 PM.
post #68 of 69 Old 08-06-2014, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Do any of you know when the D2v 3D will be replaced?

Murray Thompson

post #69 of 69 Old 08-07-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 54
No.

Save some money and go with a 50v and A5 amps.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page