Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2161 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Could someone point me to a post or thread for the best way to run the MDACC on my receiver? Which EQ mode, etc? About all I know at this point is to fire it up, and try to get the sub's volume level set so the receiver sets it to 0.

Also, why is it turning down the level on every single speaker? Wouldn't it strive to set as many as close to zero as possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 417
If you are getting negative numbers for your channel levels that means your speakers are very efficient or have a high sensitivity rating. That is not a bad thing at all.

Some speakers are more sensitive than others so setting all of them to zero doesn't balance with the acoustics of the room. Plus some will be closer to the main listening area than others so the volume to have to be adjusted to compensate for that.

When I helped my buddy set up his VSX-1021 we just plugged in the provided mic and let the software do its thing. It seemed to work very well.

Afro GT
post #2163 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post

Could someone point me to a post or thread for the best way to run the MDACC on my receiver? Which EQ mode, etc? About all I know at this point is to fire it up, and try to get the sub's volume level set so the receiver sets it to 0.

Also, why is it turning down the level on every single speaker? Wouldn't it strive to set as many as close to zero as possible?

nope... "zero" really doesn't mean anything... what you don't want is for it to be at the "end" of the trim range...

as afro noted, you either have efficient speakers or are sitting close (or both)...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #2164 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I got to digging and found I was a couple of revisions back on firmware. Running full auto MDACC now, going to try the multipoint standing wave once it's done.

About 10' back from the front speakers on average, MDACC accurately detected the distance.
post #2165 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 03:48 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by talk show host View Post

Just started reviewing the thread. I was wanting to ask if there's any way to use the hdmi control feature so that I could use my pioneer remote to control my ps3. Looks like the answer is no.

My 5 year old integra dtr 5.9 had this feature. Had I known pioneer lacked this simple ADVERTISED feature, I would have stuck with onkyo.

Also annoying. I have My lg 55lw5600 tv connected to the receiver and enabled arc on both devices. Nevertheless, my tv "forgets" it's connected to the receiver every Time I turn the system on and off. Not sure if this is an lg issue though

I called Pioneer about the 1021's HDMI Control/CEC feature and was steered toward the Japan site (sorry, don't have the link), where there is a list of TVs and BD players that are compatible wit Pio's AVRs. The short answer is Sharp's AQUOS Link and Panasonic's VIERA Link are the only manufacturers Pioneer will claim compatibility with; all others are hit or miss. Good luck with your PS3.
post #2166 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 04:35 PM

guys...how to put pio 1021 in standby mode? any light indicator?
post #2167 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martin28 View Post

guys...how to put pio 1021 in standby mode? any light indicator?

Standby is what you think is off. The unit doesn't really power off.
post #2168 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

Standby is what you think is off. The unit doesn't really power off.

no led lit indicator?
i mean how can you tell that the unit is in standby

like onkyo or your led or lcd tv's

when you press standby there a red or yellow indicator
with the unit it self its completely off
when you turn it on - its say POWER ON

sorry just noob with pioneer
post #2169 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 05:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
^^^

those are going into standby as well...

virtually nothing turns completely off...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #2170 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post

search is your friend.

Here is the MCACC thread. Warning you may be overwhelmed.
Follow the instruction in first page and you should be good to go.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1112470
post #2171 of 2697 Old 04-17-2012, 10:46 PM

Fortunately my tv and ps3 play nice. My tv will control volume so I only need the reciever for switching inputs and Changing surround sound settings
post #2172 of 2697 Old 04-19-2012, 12:40 AM

Airplay has completely died on my receiver, restarting, refreshing IP, nothing works. Any suggestions? My firmware is totally up to date, latest version of itunes, won't work on any of 4 computers, an ipad, iphone, and an ipod touch.
post #2173 of 2697 Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoods450 View Post

Airplay has completely died on my receiver, restarting, refreshing IP, nothing works. Any suggestions? My firmware is totally up to date, latest version of itunes, won't work on any of 4 computers, an ipad, iphone, and an ipod touch.

Hmm, patience for Apple to issue a fix?

I am seeing the same issue, I don't think it is the receiver - I don't even see airplay when opening iTunes on my PC. i Control on my iPhone won't link up either.

See link below. Others are experiencing the same problem without the receiver being part of the network.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

There seems to be something of a "solution" by disabling IPV6 settings - see bottom of the page in the linked window.

Not sure this is a solution for me, unless the last Windows update somehow enabled this and, it's not affecting my router which has not been updated in a year or so.
post #2174 of 2697 Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 AM

Update - a receiver re-set restored Airplay
post #2175 of 2697 Old 04-21-2012, 12:00 PM

good thing airplay works with my receiver using may main ....itunes installed in windows os
post #2176 of 2697 Old 04-21-2012, 12:16 PM

Hi,
Now that HBO is requiring HDCP authentication I can no longer see the channel. When I bypass the VSX-1021 and go straight to the TV, everything works fine, but when I connect to the VSX-1021 HDCP authentication fails. Any ideas?
post #2177 of 2697 Old 04-21-2012, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTrojan View Post

Hi,
Now that HBO is requiring HDCP authentication I can no longer see the channel. When I bypass the VSX-1021 and go straight to the TV, everything works fine, but when I connect to the VSX-1021 HDCP authentication fails. Any ideas?

Only thing I can think of is new high speed HDMI cables.
post #2178 of 2697 Old 04-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

Only thing I can think of is new high speed HDMI cables.

The cables I have work directly to the TV though, so they must be capable of handling HDCP
post #2179 of 2697 Old 04-22-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhiway View Post

Hmm, patience for Apple to issue a fix?

I am seeing the same issue, I don't think it is the receiver - I don't even see airplay when opening iTunes on my PC. i Control on my iPhone won't link up either.

See link below. Others are experiencing the same problem without the receiver being part of the network.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

There seems to be something of a "solution" by disabling IPV6 settings - see bottom of the page in the linked window.

Not sure this is a solution for me, unless the last Windows update somehow enabled this and, it's not affecting my router which has not been updated in a year or so.

Thanks for the info, I already had IPv6 disabled on all of my devices, as well as on my router. I don't think it's anything on my network side I think it's something to do with the 1021, I also have an airplay speaker in my bathroom and that works just fine. I guess a full reset of the receiver could be in order, is there a way to save my current device configuration as I have them all renamed?
post #2180 of 2697 Old 04-22-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoods450 View Post

Thanks for the info, I already had IPv6 disabled on all of my devices, as well as on my router. I don't think it's anything on my network side I think it's something to do with the 1021, I also have an airplay speaker in my bathroom and that works just fine. I guess a full reset of the receiver could be in order, is there a way to save my current device configuration as I have them all renamed?

set a static IP on the receiver, unplugged it for 5 minutes, plugged it back in, and all is well.
post #2181 of 2697 Old 04-25-2012, 01:07 PM

what speakers can you recommend with pio 1021? any suggestions?
post #2182 of 2697 Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 AM

I guess a full reset of the receiver could be in order, is there a way to save my current device configuration as I have them all renamed?[/quote]

I simply pressed the Power On / Standby button until the "Advanced MCACC" light flashed (once). All my setting aside from the network remained.

Note, one condition. The receiver showed itself on my network, but the router did not show the receiver connected. The receiver would still not connect even when I tried to manually assign the same IP address in the receiver was displaying in the router's setup table.
post #2183 of 2697 Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 AM

I just unboxed the receiver last night and when I press the Home Menu bottom nothing happens. I have my DirecTV box plugged directly into my receiver then connected to TV via HDMI. All audio/video comes through great.

Played around with the sound fields but can not do much more until I can get the Menu to come up on screen.

Help
post #2184 of 2697 Old 04-28-2012, 11:16 AM

I have noted that when using airplay, the auto power down feature does not appear to work consistently between Main and Zone 2.

Both my main and zone 2 are set at 60 min to auto power down. Airplay is running. Zone 2 shuts down while streaming over airplay at exactly 1 hour but the main does not.

Not sure if I understand what it should do. Personally I do not like my AV equipment running perpetually and the kids reliably turn off the input sources but not the receiver.

Anyone have a solution or a method to provide this feedback so it will be fixed in a future firmware?

My projector and DVD automatically shut down which has been great considering the number of remotes and switches. Perhaps it is just time to expose the single power supply switch and train the humans better
post #2185 of 2697 Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 PM

I have a pioneer vsx-1021k receiver that i purchased because of it's airplay capabilities. I have an apple computer and an iPhone which i use for music so airplay is very convenient.

The problem is that my iPhone and computer are not showing the airplay icon when listening to music. A few things to point out:

-All programs/software/apps are updated with the newest versions
-I have the pioneer iControlAV2 app on my iPhone and it recognizes the vsx-1021k and works perfectly over the network to control the receiver
-I used a friends PC and used the "windows play-to" feature and it worked perfectly and the PC recognized the receiver.

I don't know why this is not working if the phone can pick up the receiver on the network with the iControlAV2 app but no applications show the airplay icon on any devices...any ideas??
post #2186 of 2697 Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martin28 View Post

what speakers can you recommend with pio 1021? any suggestions?

Aston,

When you ask a question like that you've gotta give some parameters.

1. Budget
2. Size of room
3. Satellites, Bookshelf or towers. Combo?
4. Significant other influencing decision? (i.e. wife only likes small speakers)
5. Percentage of use home theater vs music
6. What equipment do you already have?

Afro GT
post #2187 of 2697 Old 04-28-2012, 06:32 PM

Hi guys,,, i have a bit of complicated question..

Can i run a video from a HDMI x source, and the audio from an other HDMI source?

i got a GPU card that doesn't support HD audio passthrough (GTX580), and i want to buy a HD audio card... can i play the sound of the PC separately?

My PC GPU HDMI is already in HDMI 1 .. both audio and video from the same cable.
But i want to only to run the video, and i want to connect my audio from a proper HD sound card. (HDMI or optical? i dunno .. the better iguess )

i hope it's clear!

please don't forget me.. i tried to read the manual but didn't find anything... my english isn't that good.

Thanks in advance.
post #2188 of 2697 Old 04-28-2012, 06:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

My PC GPU HDMI is already in HDMI 1 .. both audio and video from the same cable.
But i want to only to run the video, and i want to connect my audio from a proper HD sound card. (HDMI or optical? i dunno .. the better igues

You can probably use optical for sound if you assign the input properly. You cant use two HDMI inputs at the same time though.

What's wrong with the audio coming from the video card?

Afro GT
post #2189 of 2697 Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

You can probably use optical for sound if you assign the input properly. You cant use two HDMI inputs at the same time though.

oh i see, thanks...

Would it be better an optical? than HDMI? would it worth it?
post #2190 of 2697 Old 04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

HDMI and optical will sound the same unless you're sending HD audio from a blu ray player or other source that can pass HD audio.

Afro GT
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Pioneer , Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page