Pioneer VSX-1021 Owners' Thread - Page 90 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2671 of 2681 Old 05-12-2014, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Can't get out of Multi-Zone Mode on the remote

I think my kids pressed a button by mistake and now the remote is incapable of doing anything other than adjusting Zone 2 (I don't have a Zone 2).  I consulted the manual and I can press the Multi-Zone button on the front of the receiver and turn off Zone 2 and adjust the volume, inputs etc from the front panel but the moment I try to use the remote it's back to Zone 2/Multi-Zone operation.

I can't find how to toggle this off.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

I believe I've encountered this before but can't find the solution this time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2672 of 2681 Old 05-15-2014, 10:59 AM

I believe the solution is the Receiver button although I was pushing the Source, Multi-Zone and Power buttons when the problem resolved itself.  I can use my remote again!

Receiver - Switches the remote to control the receiver (used to select the white commands).Switch to perform operations in the main zone. Also use this button to set up surround sound. 

post #2673 of 2681 Old 05-20-2014, 05:01 AM
Advanced Member

A friend of mine has the 1021 and it has no sound. I get over there and there is a UE33 code. I read here that its trying to update so I get a flash drive, load the latest firmware start the update and it fails at 20%. I then run a cat-5 cable from the router, across the floor, to the 1021 and plug it in and try again. Same deal, fails at 20%. Any suggestions?
post #2674 of 2681 Old 05-22-2014, 04:52 PM

Zone 2 issues!!! Speakers working but only with TUNER output at a low volume. No other devices work at all. Can't be speakers??

Thanks !!!!
post #2675 of 2681 Old 06-10-2014, 12:04 PM

Liked: 13
Hello, I had this receiver for over 2yrs and now out the blue airplay has stopped working. I can still see my receiver as an airplay devices and connect to it but it only plays for 10 secs until it drops the connection. 10 secs on the dot.... every time.

I have 4 other airplay devices on my network and they all work flawless. I called pioneer and they advised I have to send it in. The funny thing is I live about 15 mins from the pioneer head office but they don't accept drop offs... I have to take the receiver to a depot about 45 mins from me and they in turn will send it to pioneer. Common Sense aint too common.

Anybody having similar issues?
post #2676 of 2681 Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Greetings,

My VSX-1021-k cannot reach the home network / internet anymore. I went into the settings and it gets to "Applying network settings" and will go no further.

I have reset the unit per the manual instructions and I know it resets as my demo mode returns. Unfortunately network settings still show the same message.

Has anybody experienced this and know how to resolve it please?

Cheers.
post #2677 of 2681 Old 07-19-2014, 01:19 PM

Applying Network Settings

Mine just started doing this yesterday too. Very coincidental. Any luck on your end? Do you use DHCP or a static IP address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichloIW View Post
Greetings,

My VSX-1021-k cannot reach the home network / internet anymore. I went into the settings and it gets to "Applying network settings" and will go no further.

I have reset the unit per the manual instructions and I know it resets as my demo mode returns. Unfortunately network settings still show the same message.

Has anybody experienced this and know how to resolve it please?

Cheers.
post #2678 of 2681 Old 07-21-2014, 01:05 PM

Liked: 17
Thread from the dead.

A few quick question, hopefully quick, regarding video processing.

1. Using a htpc, better to have video processing turned on, or off?

2. Gaming, video processing on or off?

3. Cable box, processing on, or off?

4. What exactly is video processing do when it's on vs off? lol Seems like a silly question, but what I mean what are the benefits to having processing on over off?

Thanks guys, hopefully someone's still around to help me get some answers.

Pioneer Elite 111FD
Pioneer 4280HD
Pioneer VSX-1021K
PS3 Slim

My setup
post #2679 of 2681 Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
Thread from the dead.

A few quick question, hopefully quick, regarding video processing.

1. Using a htpc, better to have video processing turned on, or off?

2. Gaming, video processing on or off?

3. Cable box, processing on, or off?

4. What exactly is video processing do when it's on vs off? lol Seems like a silly question, but what I mean what are the benefits to having processing on over off?

Thanks guys, hopefully someone's still around to help me get some answers.
You only care about video processing when you're upscaling a source that doesn't have its own video processing -- which, these days, is almost nothing.

Basically, if you're sending an HD signal from the source, keep the Pioneer's video processing turned off. (It's not very good anyway.)

If you're sending an SD signal from a source that doesn't itself upscale and process it, then it might benefit from the Pioneer's processing. But these days, even your TV probably has good enough upscaling built right in.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #2680 of 2681 Old 07-23-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
You only care about video processing when you're upscaling a source that doesn't have its own video processing -- which, these days, is almost nothing.

Basically, if you're sending an HD signal from the source, keep the Pioneer's video processing turned off. (It's not very good anyway.)

If you're sending an SD signal from a source that doesn't itself upscale and process it, then it might benefit from the Pioneer's processing. But these days, even your TV probably has good enough upscaling built right in.
I leave the video processing on all the time. It does not damage HD content. It works pretty well on SD content (and our public TV broadcast is SD or even less).

Dan
post #2681 of 2681 Old 08-11-2014, 12:40 PM

Unable to connect to network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisun22 View Post
Mine just started doing this yesterday too. Very coincidental. Any luck on your end? Do you use DHCP or a static IP address?
I'm having the same problem. Used to work great as a Airplay device. Couldn't connect, so I checked Ethernet connections, no problem. The receiver was reporting a local IP address (not on my subnet), so I toggled DHCP on and off. It is now stuck in a dialog from A/V receiver that saying "Applying Settings". This conditions survives turning the receiver on and off. The receiver gets stuck "STARTING H.M.G Please Wait..." on power up, and if you go to the Home Menu Network Information is greyed out. Going to Network Setup and selecting IP Address, Proxy returns to the afore-mentioned dialog box.

Amazingly coincidental that others are having the same problem in such a time bound window?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Pioneer , Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page