Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2671 of 2696 Old 05-12-2014, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Can't get out of Multi-Zone Mode on the remote

I think my kids pressed a button by mistake and now the remote is incapable of doing anything other than adjusting Zone 2 (I don't have a Zone 2).  I consulted the manual and I can press the Multi-Zone button on the front of the receiver and turn off Zone 2 and adjust the volume, inputs etc from the front panel but the moment I try to use the remote it's back to Zone 2/Multi-Zone operation.

I can't find how to toggle this off.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

I believe I've encountered this before but can't find the solution this time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2672 of 2696 Old 05-15-2014, 11:59 AM

I believe the solution is the Receiver button although I was pushing the Source, Multi-Zone and Power buttons when the problem resolved itself.  I can use my remote again!

Receiver - Switches the remote to control the receiver (used to select the white commands).Switch to perform operations in the main zone. Also use this button to set up surround sound. 

post #2673 of 2696 Old 05-20-2014, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

A friend of mine has the 1021 and it has no sound. I get over there and there is a UE33 code. I read here that its trying to update so I get a flash drive, load the latest firmware start the update and it fails at 20%. I then run a cat-5 cable from the router, across the floor, to the 1021 and plug it in and try again. Same deal, fails at 20%. Any suggestions?
post #2674 of 2696 Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 PM

Zone 2 issues!!! Speakers working but only with TUNER output at a low volume. No other devices work at all. Can't be speakers??

Thanks !!!!
post #2675 of 2696 Old 06-10-2014, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello, I had this receiver for over 2yrs and now out the blue airplay has stopped working. I can still see my receiver as an airplay devices and connect to it but it only plays for 10 secs until it drops the connection. 10 secs on the dot.... every time.

I have 4 other airplay devices on my network and they all work flawless. I called pioneer and they advised I have to send it in. The funny thing is I live about 15 mins from the pioneer head office but they don't accept drop offs... I have to take the receiver to a depot about 45 mins from me and they in turn will send it to pioneer. Common Sense aint too common.

Anybody having similar issues?
post #2676 of 2696 Old 07-18-2014, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Greetings,

My VSX-1021-k cannot reach the home network / internet anymore. I went into the settings and it gets to "Applying network settings" and will go no further.

I have reset the unit per the manual instructions and I know it resets as my demo mode returns. Unfortunately network settings still show the same message.

Has anybody experienced this and know how to resolve it please?

Cheers.
post #2677 of 2696 Old 07-19-2014, 02:19 PM

Applying Network Settings

Mine just started doing this yesterday too. Very coincidental. Any luck on your end? Do you use DHCP or a static IP address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichloIW View Post
Greetings,

My VSX-1021-k cannot reach the home network / internet anymore. I went into the settings and it gets to "Applying network settings" and will go no further.

I have reset the unit per the manual instructions and I know it resets as my demo mode returns. Unfortunately network settings still show the same message.

Has anybody experienced this and know how to resolve it please?

Cheers.
post #2678 of 2696 Old 07-21-2014, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thread from the dead.

A few quick question, hopefully quick, regarding video processing.

1. Using a htpc, better to have video processing turned on, or off?

2. Gaming, video processing on or off?

3. Cable box, processing on, or off?

4. What exactly is video processing do when it's on vs off? lol Seems like a silly question, but what I mean what are the benefits to having processing on over off?

Thanks guys, hopefully someone's still around to help me get some answers.

Pioneer Elite 111FD
Pioneer 4280HD
Pioneer VSX-1021K
PS3 Slim

My setup
post #2679 of 2696 Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
Thread from the dead.

A few quick question, hopefully quick, regarding video processing.

1. Using a htpc, better to have video processing turned on, or off?

2. Gaming, video processing on or off?

3. Cable box, processing on, or off?

4. What exactly is video processing do when it's on vs off? lol Seems like a silly question, but what I mean what are the benefits to having processing on over off?

Thanks guys, hopefully someone's still around to help me get some answers.
You only care about video processing when you're upscaling a source that doesn't have its own video processing -- which, these days, is almost nothing.

Basically, if you're sending an HD signal from the source, keep the Pioneer's video processing turned off. (It's not very good anyway.)

If you're sending an SD signal from a source that doesn't itself upscale and process it, then it might benefit from the Pioneer's processing. But these days, even your TV probably has good enough upscaling built right in.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #2680 of 2696 Old 07-23-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
You only care about video processing when you're upscaling a source that doesn't have its own video processing -- which, these days, is almost nothing.

Basically, if you're sending an HD signal from the source, keep the Pioneer's video processing turned off. (It's not very good anyway.)

If you're sending an SD signal from a source that doesn't itself upscale and process it, then it might benefit from the Pioneer's processing. But these days, even your TV probably has good enough upscaling built right in.
I leave the video processing on all the time. It does not damage HD content. It works pretty well on SD content (and our public TV broadcast is SD or even less).

Dan
post #2681 of 2696 Old 08-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Unable to connect to network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisun22 View Post
Mine just started doing this yesterday too. Very coincidental. Any luck on your end? Do you use DHCP or a static IP address?
I'm having the same problem. Used to work great as a Airplay device. Couldn't connect, so I checked Ethernet connections, no problem. The receiver was reporting a local IP address (not on my subnet), so I toggled DHCP on and off. It is now stuck in a dialog from A/V receiver that saying "Applying Settings". This conditions survives turning the receiver on and off. The receiver gets stuck "STARTING H.M.G Please Wait..." on power up, and if you go to the Home Menu Network Information is greyed out. Going to Network Setup and selecting IP Address, Proxy returns to the afore-mentioned dialog box.

Amazingly coincidental that others are having the same problem in such a time bound window?
post #2682 of 2696 Old 08-30-2014, 07:00 PM

My receiver has been working ok for 2 years. Just today however the receiver powers up as normal and I have no sounds coming out of the speakers. The sub output seems fine since I can play a BD and scenes with a lot of LFE and I can hear the effects from the powered-sub.

Is the amp section gone on the receiver? I tried different inputs (cable box, game systems, BD, Airplay, etc.) and all the same problem.
post #2683 of 2696 Old 10-04-2014, 10:23 AM

VSX-1021 - No sound at all

I have no sound coming from this receiver in any way. I didn't change anything, and the only way anyone in my house accesses the receiver is through iPad or iPhone (its buried in the basement). Here is what I have tested so far: Tested speaker buttons, surround modes using various sources including iPad plugged into front USB, Airplay, working DVD plugged into various inputs in the back, zone 2 pre-amp out goes to a second receiver on a different floor and even that doesn't work.

I can hear the amp switching inside as I cycle through the modes, and when the iPad is plugged into the front the song playing displays on the screen. the iPhone app appears to be working as normal, Airplay finds the receiver... just no sound from anywhere. I have done a reset.

I went as far as opening up the amp and looking for signs (and smells) of burn out (none) and tested the two fuses. I cut a new piece of speaker wire and tested with a local speaker. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

I hope I have missed something dumb, easy or hard, and that it's not repair depot time.. any clues?

Thanks for your help.
post #2684 of 2696 Old 10-04-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utendar View Post
My receiver has been working ok for 2 years. Just today however the receiver powers up as normal and I have no sounds coming out of the speakers. The sub output seems fine since I can play a BD and scenes with a lot of LFE and I can hear the effects from the powered-sub.

Is the amp section gone on the receiver? I tried different inputs (cable box, game systems, BD, Airplay, etc.) and all the same problem.
Were you able to solve this? It sounds like I am experiencing the same issue as you, except I don't hear anything out of my sub, or any of the other pre-amp outputs.
post #2685 of 2696 Old 10-12-2014, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Same thing happened to mine like you guys are experiencing. I replaced it with another brand and swore off Pioneer.
post #2686 of 2696 Old 10-13-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
Same thing happened to mine like you guys are experiencing. I replaced it with another brand and swore off Pioneer.
I'm getting worried. I'm probably close to 2 years on this receiver.

If I may ask, which brand and model did you decide on?
I really love my Pioneer, especially the features. Is there something similar in that price range?
post #2687 of 2696 Old 10-17-2014, 06:23 PM

My almost 3 year old 1021 has been freezing up on a regular basis. Sometimes when I turn it on it won't pass a signal to the tv and the HDMI light will not come on even if I switch it to another source. Sometimes if I switch sources and then back to the original source it will pass a signal to the tv but eventually it always ends up freezing up and I have to hold the power button to restart. I have swapped cables and unplugged it to reset numerous times as well as having done factory reset. It will no longer connect to the internet for firmware updates but I did update it to the newest software thru the USB. At this point it's freezing up at least once a day. Any suggestions?
post #2688 of 2696 Old 10-28-2014, 02:42 PM

For those with the UE-22 error. What did you end up doing?
Tried the various recommendations but it didn't help.

Contemplating between getting it repair VS. just getting a new one (non-pioneer).
post #2689 of 2696 Old 10-29-2014, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sircoolio View Post
I'm having the same problem. Used to work great as a Airplay device. Couldn't connect, so I checked Ethernet connections, no problem. The receiver was reporting a local IP address (not on my subnet), so I toggled DHCP on and off. It is now stuck in a dialog from A/V receiver that saying "Applying Settings". This conditions survives turning the receiver on and off. The receiver gets stuck "STARTING H.M.G Please Wait..." on power up, and if you go to the Home Menu Network Information is greyed out. Going to Network Setup and selecting IP Address, Proxy returns to the afore-mentioned dialog box.

Amazingly coincidental that others are having the same problem in such a time bound window?

Glad I checked this forum, my receiver has been having airplay issues for the past 3 months. I still see it as an airplay device and can select it, it will start up playing but stop 10 sec in to the song... No idea what could be wrong.. All my other airplay devices work fine
post #2690 of 2696 Old 11-01-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MameJunkie View Post
For those with the UE-22 error. What did you end up doing?
Tried the various recommendations but it didn't help.

Contemplating between getting it repair VS. just getting a new one (non-pioneer).
Mine is still dead, but I can't seem to bring myself to toss it in the trash. Is this thing worth anything as parts?
post #2691 of 2696 Old 11-02-2014, 07:15 PM

Liked: 11
Looks like another junk Pioneer vsx-1021 here today with the ue22 error. I'll never buy another Pioneer product!
LForteleoni likes this.
post #2692 of 2696 Old 11-10-2014, 09:56 PM

I'm also having an issue with zone 2. It stopped working about a month ago. It will turn on with the remote and I'm able to change inputs. However the master volume does not work and I have no sound coming out of my zone 2 speakers. Is there another setting that may have been changed i'm not thinking of?

Everything works fine with the receiver outside of this zone 2 issue.

Thanks...
post #2693 of 2696 Old 11-11-2014, 09:22 PM

So I am having an issue with a Klipsch sub and the 1021. Auto MCACC recognizes the sub and I can hear bass coming from the unit during the test. However, as soon as I try another source nothing is coming from the sub. I tried changing the front speaker settings to 'small' but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Sub is hooked up via digital coaxial cable if that matters.
post #2694 of 2696 Old 11-14-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmars View Post
...I have to hold the power button to restart... Any suggestions?
Sell, sell, sell! I really wanted to love my 1021K, (and I did love it for exactly 2.5 years) but when I started having the same exact issue, I moved on to Yamaha and I am very happy.
The truth is, Pioneer should be fixing these for free. Apparently they're not interested in long-term customer relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Condor View Post
Is this thing worth anything as parts?
Sadly, you'll get pennies for parts for this shitbox – just look on eBay. I have heard of people getting these things fixed for a reasonable fee. Apparently the faulty part isn't really that expensive, (ahem, Pioneer) and replacement doesn't require a MSECE.

Good luck

Referencing this thread:
Pioneer VSX-521-k / 821-k / 921-k / 1021-k - Power-On problems?
Credit: thx1138a

AVR: Yamaha RX-A840FL/R: Os3-SATCC: Os3-CCSUR: Mirage NanoSatSUB: Mirage Omni S8DISP: Samsung F5300

Last edited by LForteleoni; 11-14-2014 at 07:27 AM.
post #2695 of 2696 Old 11-21-2014, 12:28 AM

The only way I know how to emphasize center channel for voice is to use the app on the iPad. the next time I start the receiver the voice is back to low and I have to use the app again.
How can I save the setting so it is always the same for Action movie.
post #2696 of 2696 Old 11-23-2014, 11:35 AM

Anyone have success with DLNA Renderer functions?

I am able to play a track from my PC (with Mediamonkey as the controller) to the VSX as the renderer, however, no other functions work (pause, next track, etc) on the controller. Also, when the song ends, I have to manually play the next song on the controller. I believe it is an issue with the VSX, because I am able to use my Xbox One as a renderer with full control in the same setup.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Pioneer , Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page