Pioneer VSX-1021 Owners' Thread - Page 91 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
post #2701 of 2705 Old 02-13-2015, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
PC Stream to Amp - No Itunes

Hi guys,

have been trying everything to work out how to stream from my windows PC to my 1021vsx without using my itunes airplay. I am connect wirelessly and Ethernet cable to my amp and it shows in my network folders. However i want to be able to play online music / personal music with using itunes.
I find it easier to find internet radio stations on my PC than i do the tuner, as well as i dont want to always relay on my iphone to play music to the amp (which we always do) as sometimes it drops out.
we are having a party tonight and i want to make sure the music is seamless without drop out etc, this can be acheived by PC directly to amp.

any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
JB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2705 Old 02-13-2015, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sorry guys typing to quickly. Do not want to use Itunes. I can stream over my PC to amp using Itunes airplay, however cannot stream things like pandora from PC to amp without using iphone.

hope this makes sense.

Thanks
post #2703 of 2705 Old 02-13-2015, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee750 View Post
sorry guys typing to quickly. Do not want to use Itunes. I can stream over my PC to amp using Itunes airplay, however cannot stream things like pandora from PC to amp without using iphone.

hope this makes sense.

Thanks

You cannot stream something from a web browser to the receiver.

Edit. This actually worked in win 8.1 using the IE modern app.

Last edited by Deihmos; 02-16-2015 at 12:35 PM.
post #2704 of 2705 Old 03-09-2015, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
My VSX1021-K has been working well for years. Recently it has been stalling out at 1-2 minutes when playing internet radio. I've ordered a new network cable to eliminate that possibility but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. It plays a station fine for a minute or two and then stops. The buffer indicator on screen goes from 100 to 30 and the it hangs. I can reload the station and the same thing happens. I use it on Zone 2 RCA out to an FM transmitter for radio (which I can change stations from anywhere with my phone) throughout the house. I kind of miss having it. Anyone else encountered this?
Thanks!
post #2705 of 2705 Unread Today, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgsx View Post
I need help! Subwoofer isn't working. I've checked settings multiple times. Speakers set to small, sub is yes, crossover at 80hz, etc..etc... when I run MCACC or when I go into level calibration, it detects the sub and adjusts accordingly to the level I adjust to or when MCACC is setting up, it detects my sub and you can hear thump for the testing. I am completely out of ideas. Source material doesn't matter, cable, bluray, cd, etc... no sub. The subwoofer works fine, hooked it up to my living room setup and it powers on and works fine. I am noticing that the subwoofer icon isn't displayed on the receiver's screen. I've also switched listening modes, and no matter which listening mode I switch to, nothing. So what the heck is wrong???

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1021-K
I know this is months late, and you've probably figured it out already, but set your sub to "Plus" and see if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Pioneer , Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page