Pioneer VSX-1021 Owners' Thread - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #2731 of 2750 Old 03-14-2016, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a similar problem with my 1021. I have it hooked to an Apple Airport extreme via an Ethernet cable and it looses connection every few minutes. It to will switch from HMG to internet radio or simply say assigning network. This didn't use to happen. Anyone have any ideas? the only difference was I used to connect to a different router. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2750 Old 03-28-2016, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utendar View Post
My receiver has been working ok for 2 years. Just today however the receiver powers up as normal and I have no sounds coming out of the speakers. The sub output seems fine since I can play a BD and scenes with a lot of LFE and I can hear the effects from the powered-sub.

Is the amp section gone on the receiver? I tried different inputs (cable box, game systems, BD, Airplay, etc.) and all the same problem.
I just started having this issue where there is no sound from any of the speakers on any input but I do hear the 'booms' from the subwoofer. Family member was cleaning around the receiver and I'm not sure it they accidentally pressed any buttons or if it's something else.

Any idea how to resolve this?
post #2733 of 2750 Old 04-08-2016, 11:56 PM

Firmware Update Error 4

Hi,

I have a VSX-1021 and there are some delays when playing music through Airplay. I tried to run the firmware update (1-205-081-111-089) with several USB sticks but it always stops at about 50-60% with "Update Error 4". The Internet Update says that the newest firmware is already installed.

Does anybody has any idea how to solve this? I was also looking for the previous firmware version (1-205-081-111-073) but I couldn't find any download file in the Internet. If anybody knows where to get this, I would be glad for help!

Thanks,
Tom

post #2734 of 2750 Old 06-03-2016, 06:28 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguy4u View Post
So here is my thing - I love my VSX-1021. Currently have my 1080p video ran through it. With that said, I am purchasing a 4K TV. Will that render my 1021 useless? Can it support 4K pass through? Or do I need to buy an all new receiver?
No, it does not support 4K. Here's a thread talking about it.

Pioneer VSX-1021 - can it support 4K?
post #2735 of 2750 Old 06-15-2016, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post
Well, the day finally came and mine died (I think).
My wife wanted to redo the floors so I had to unhook everything.
After an hour of hooking everything up I turn on to do the speaker test.
Everything is going good but the right rear extra surround is not making a sound.
I go back to look at the wires and my UPS must have tripped because I moved something.
Try turning on and hear some pops, then it shuts off.
Now when I plug it in, the red MDACC light just blinks, nothing else.
Tried almost every combo in the book to reset but to no avail.

I think it is toast.

Am I crazy to want to replace it with the VSX-1024?
Other then it not lasting as long as I expected it to, I loved the receiver.
I also have this exact problem. Is there a fix for it ?

" The red MDACC light just blinks, nothing else."

*** Update ***

I found a fix for this problem. I had to try it a few time's but its back to working normally now.

Read where it says, Additionally -> where it talks about releasing the auto-protect mode.

http://www.justanswer.com/electronic...acc-light.html

Last edited by COMPUTIAC; 06-15-2016 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Found fix
post #2736 of 2750 Old 09-14-2016, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum458 View Post
Hi, I have the UE33 flashing. I downloaded the firmware update but when I press the menu button on the remote nothing happens. Any suggestions? All the normal functions seem to work fine, just can't access the menu.
Your unit has BridgeCo firmware failed. If you follow firmware upgrade procedure, you will see *** as last 3 digits in firmware version. Without BridgeCo, firmware upgrade won't work.

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

XBR55X700D/Optoma HD141X
Sony STR-ZA5000ES
14 Gigaworks S750 Cubes/Sub
Acoustimass 15 Series 2 Sub
Velodyne WiConnect-10 Sub - For Sale
post #2737 of 2750 Old 11-01-2016, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Sorry if this is kind of a weird question. I have this receiver and a Sony Bravia KDL55EX500 TV. I have been doing "smart home" things around the house with light bulbs and other devices, and I was wondering if it would do any harm to my TV or receiver to hook them up to smart switches for the purpose of turning them on and off, basically the equivalent of turning off the power strip instead of the tv and receiver individually (the switches would be plugged into a surge protector power strip)? Would it cause any physical harm, and will the settings be saved if the power is cut instead of putting the devices into standby mode?

Thanks, I know this is an odd question...
post #2738 of 2750 Old 11-11-2016, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
I also have this exact problem. Is there a fix for it ?

" The red MDACC light just blinks, nothing else."

*** Update ***

I found a fix for this problem. I had to try it a few time's but its back to working normally now.

Read where it says, Additionally -> where it talks about releasing the auto-protect mode.

http://www.justanswer.com/electronic...acc-light.html

This is nothing more than a temporary fix at this point. My 1021k has been having power up issues, and requires 3 attempts to clear "auto protect" mode. There's a high failure rate with this generation of receiver.

Kuro'd
post #2739 of 2750 Old 12-02-2016, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1723 Post(s)
Liked: 539
I have an odd question:

I'm moving my 1021 out to my RV. The RV had an RCA HTIB system with an unpowered subwoofer. The HTIB system sent powered bass to the little block sub. Is it possible to send LFE to one of the unused zone channels so I can power the sub? If not, any good choices out there for an auto-on inexpensive sub amp? I found a $90 on Amazon, but it doesn't have auto power.

Just so we are clear, I can't run RCA to the sub location, there's no power where it is located, etc. I really need to use the speakers and sub in the RV, but I am ditching the VHS/DVD/FM/HTIB system as it has no HDMI.
post #2740 of 2750 Old 12-30-2016, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi

Does anyone knows if firmware downloaded from a US Pioneer site (PUSA) is valid for a uk model (VSX-1021-k purchased in the UK with 220V 50Hz support)?

Thanks
thepainter likes this.
post #2741 of 2750 Old 01-09-2017, 05:34 PM

Surround sound working, but voices muted

Hi, I have a Pioneer VSX-1021 receiver with 4 speakers hooked up (2 front speakers and 2 for surround sound) and I also have a subwoofer. My problem is even though the surround sound effects are working fine, but I dont hear any voices from the actors... its like they are muted, even though all other sound is coming through fine. Just for testing, I moved one speaker from "front-right" to "center" position on the receiver and now I can hear the actors speaking from what is suppose to be the front right speaker? I thought voices should be coming from both front speakers.... but this is not the case. Does this sound correct and do I need to buy a dedicated "center" speakers so I dont have to read lips watching movies?

thanks
post #2742 of 2750 Old 01-14-2017, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I moved my 1021 from the garage into the livingroom and I'm having a strange issue. I believe the feature is called hdmi-link if i'm not mistaken. Basically if the receiver is on, and the tv is off, and then I turn on the tv the receiver will shut off. But the opposite behavior never happens. The receiver will never turn itself on when i turn on the tv, but it will always turn itself off. It's very annoying. I just updated the firmware last night and no improvement.

Any ideas?
post #2743 of 2750 Old 02-09-2017, 07:42 AM

"Applying Network Settings" error

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbsd View Post
I am writing because I finally got rid of the "applying settings" and "starting hmg" frozen screens and had the same plight that man here seem to be experiencing. My fix was simple - unplug the receiver physically from the back of the receiver for ~ 20 seconds and plugging it back in.

In my case, this happened whilst I was trying to debug a network issue. I went back to the network screen and it did say "applying settings", but this time it went away after some time and really did apply the settings. It seems that the screen ("applying settings" and "starting h.m.g) gets frozen if it is not able to reach the network.
Has anyone found a solution to this (seemingly common) issue? I cannot access any network settings nor can I update firmware (latest version currently installed). When attempting to access network settings via menu, I am given the "Applying Network Settings" screen. The only way to move on is to press HOME button or turn receiver off. I do not have the U33 error nor do I have any other issues. Just no network control. I have tried factory reset but encounter the same issue.

Thank you

TWC SA 8300HD | MDN 2.4.6_19
High Point, NC
post #2744 of 2750 Old 02-09-2017, 02:20 PM

Hey all,

I recently changed out our receiver for a Pioneer VSX-1022-K as our old receiver did not support ARC. I have everything setup, ARC is working. I noticed that I am not getting any sound from my two surround speakers. I went through the auto setup and I hear sound coming from all channels. Whenever I play a movie (BR XB1 5.1 uncompressed for HDMI) or a audio test, all of my sound comes from the front right, left, and center channels. The only way I can get sound from the surround speakers is to set the receiver to Stereo Ext, which of course isnt surround sound. I have tried changing every setting I can think of but for the life of me I cannot get the surround sound speakers to fire.

I did a test using this reference file: http://streaming.dolby.com/ftproot/f...-BLITS-EBU.mp4

I got sound out of all speakers. I am thinking this has to do with how the video files are being sent to the receiver? On our previous Pioneer VSX‑820‑K, I had none of these issues. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
post #2745 of 2750 Old 02-27-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erob0728 View Post
Has anyone found a solution to this (seemingly common) issue? I cannot access any network settings nor can I update firmware (latest version currently installed). When attempting to access network settings via menu, I am given the "Applying Network Settings" screen. The only way to move on is to press HOME button or turn receiver off. I do not have the U33 error nor do I have any other issues. Just no network control. I have tried factory reset but encounter the same issue.

Thank you
Any update?

TWC SA 8300HD | MDN 2.4.6_19
High Point, NC
post #2746 of 2750 Old 03-31-2017, 08:28 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by erob0728 View Post
Any update?
I ended up calling Pioneer tech support for a similar issue. He had me turn the box on and off and told me I could at a last resort do a hard factory reset. None of this helped.

My receiver when plugged directly into my router would not show any lights on that interface which tells me that the interface is not being detected or plugged in. In the menus I looked for an option to perform a firmware update but that section was also grayed out.
The tech support rep said that the network card that also contains the circuit for the USB interface had failed and I would need to take it somewhere to be repaired. He would not give me the part number to be able to attempt a repair on my own either.

At this point I chose not to proceed. Bought myself a Chromecast audio adapter to plug into one of the CD component inputs on the back to be able to stream music. I now just permanently leave on Zone 2 on that input to be able to stream music to my patio and kitchen with speakers hooked up to Zone 2. At least until my wife allows me to buy a new receiver.

If the link below is the actual board that contains both the USB and Network interfaces then it appears to also contain the HDMI connections and is a much greater fix than I am willing to undergo. <ebay url>/itm/PIONEER-VSX-43-OR-VSX-1023-K-HDMI-PCB-WORKING-USED-/322444168142?hash=item4b132b8bce%3Ag%3AttoAAOSwOgd YvdUM
post #2747 of 2750 Old 04-22-2017, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Are the zone 2 preouts on this receiver fixed, variable or selectable volume?

Need to know this before I pick one up. I need variable for my zone 2 setup.
post #2748 of 2750 Old 06-23-2017, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Bad HDMI output on Pioneer VSx-1021?

This evening I fired up my Pioneer AVR and could hear the cable channel sound coming from my 5.1 system (al my sources input into the AVR for switching and the video is sent HDMI to the PJ). I then turned on the Optoma projector and all sound sound stopped and the pj is not identifying an input despite all being hooked up. If I turn the pj off, the sound returns from the AVR to the speakers. It seems the pj is not detecting the input and is cutting off the sound. So, I unplugged the HDMI output from the back of the AVR and plugged it directly into a source (the Roku) and voila, video displays through the PJ. So, Im thinking my Pioneer AVR's HDMI output crapped out on me after approx 5 years of use. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
post #2749 of 2750 Old 06-24-2017, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Been There, Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by qposner View Post
This evening I fired up my Pioneer AVR and could hear the cable channel sound coming from my 5.1 system (al my sources input into the AVR for switching and the video is sent HDMI to the PJ). I then turned on the Optoma projector and all sound sound stopped and the pj is not identifying an input despite all being hooked up. If I turn the pj off, the sound returns from the AVR to the speakers. It seems the pj is not detecting the input and is cutting off the sound. So, I unplugged the HDMI output from the back of the AVR and plugged it directly into a source (the Roku) and voila, video displays through the PJ. So, Im thinking my Pioneer AVR's HDMI output crapped out on me after approx 5 years of use. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Unless you've added some new equipment to the "chain", it's a pretty good chance that the HDMI board is the problem. By "adding new equipment to the chain" I mean mixing video equipment with different "handshake" settings. For example, if you've got the projector set to 1080p, and the AVR set to 1080p, then you add something that is 720p or 1080i, it can disrupt how this AVR handles the different resolutions and "breaks the chain". The only workaround is to make sure all of your gear plus the Optoma are set to the same 1080p output. It is possible that the output setting on one component in the chain has accidentally set itself to a different output resolution. If you've checked and made certain this hasn't happened, then the "handshake" is not the issue. If that's the case, the HDMI board must be replaced. Likely it'll cost more to replace the board than to simply buy a new AVR.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-RS4810 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Oppo UDP-203 disc player, Darbee Darblet, Onkyo TX-NR708 Receiver/Processor, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,  Adcom & Yamaha Amps
post #2750 of 2750 Old 06-24-2017, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johng View Post
Unless you've added some new equipment to the "chain", it's a pretty good chance that the HDMI board is the problem. By "adding new equipment to the chain" I mean mixing video equipment with different "handshake" settings. For example, if you've got the projector set to 1080p, and the AVR set to 1080p, then you add something that is 720p or 1080i, it can disrupt how this AVR handles the different resolutions and "breaks the chain". The only workaround is to make sure all of your gear plus the Optoma are set to the same 1080p output. It is possible that the output setting on one component in the chain has accidentally set itself to a different output resolution. If you've checked and made certain this hasn't happened, then the "handshake" is not the issue. If that's the case, the HDMI board must be replaced. Likely it'll cost more to replace the board than to simply buy a new AVR.
Well shoot. No new equipment. Its been running with the same setup for a few years now. Ill check to make sure everything is at 1080p be safe. Otherwise, going to have to cancel Monday movie night with my friends and start figuring out a replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page