Phase detection by Audessey (Denon AVR-1911) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-13-2011, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I just upgraded my HT system with Denon AVR-1911 and Jamo HCS 3 speaker system. The front speakers are floor standing units with 2 midrange. 1 tweeter & an 8" woofer (within 1 enclosure). The rears are bookshelf, and I use Yamaha sub.
After setting up the speakers with the correct polarity (red to red & black to black), I ran Audessey multiEQ cal. After the tests, I saw the caution message that check phase front L/R speakers. Ran cal again, same message. Just to experiment, I revered the connection on front right, and this time, the message was to check the phase of only "left" speaker. I reversed the phase on left one as well, no caution message on any speakers anymore! It appears to me that the detection was consistent. Since I slightly changed the position of 1st measurement (to see if it is being caused by reflections)

I have quite a bit for furniture in room, the room is probably 12' x 14'. The nature of things in room is more absorbing, than reflecting. I'm not sure if I should ignore the caution message, or the connections inside the speakers or receiver are reversed. Have someone else experienced this? What's the best easy way to check? any suggestions will be valuable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-13-2011, 06:14 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
^^
Yes, many have experienced this. As long as you have confirmed the speakers are wired correctly, then as the Owner's manual tells you .. simply ignore the message and select SKIP to move on to the next speaker.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 03-13-2011, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My confirmation is based on the color coding at the tErminals which manufacturers have pervaded. I doubt that I will open either of the equipment to confirm. I did try to notice the difference in sound by connecting both ways, but couldn't say confidently which one sounds better.
I guess I'll ignore the Audessey message for now and connect the cable according to color. Doing.
Thanks
post #4 of 4 Old 03-13-2011, 06:44 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
Yes, that is what I meant ... simply confirm wires are connected +/+ and -/- and you're good to go.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1911 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page