post #3871 of 3883 Old 08-16-2014, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCasualty View Post
Yes and yes.

The HDMI board is really a processor board, so it controls lots of functions. I think just about any malfunction is suspicious of its failure until proven otherwise.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll shoot him an email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 3883 Old 08-21-2014, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
No Sound Problem

Onkyo support has a post dated 8/19/2014 (the day my TX-NR509 lost sound): "Loss of Audio/Network Connection Customer Care Program" which they promise to repair the issue at no cost because it was determined to be caused by a malfunctioning network chip. http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/service_info.php. They also give you an option of a $100 rebate on a newer model in lieu of repair.
jonny-zed and old corps like this.
post #3873 of 3883 Old 08-22-2014, 04:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlahtida View Post
Onkyo support has a post dated 8/19/2014 (the day my TX-NR509 lost sound): "Loss of Audio/Network Connection Customer Care Program" which they promise to repair the issue at no cost because it was determined to be caused by a malfunctioning network chip. http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/service_info.php. They also give you an option of a $100 rebate on a newer model in lieu of repair.
Great. I just bought a TX-NR626(B) from Adorama because I lost input from my game and BD/DVD ports. And my cable/satellite port cuts off and on.

I'm calling Onkyo to see if they will give me a $100 credit. I'm not hopeful.

Robert
post #3874 of 3883 Old 08-23-2014, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Smile TX-NR609 Audio / USB Network Issue

Same issue surfaced on my unit within the last two weeks. Contacted Onkyo several days ago about the problem before ever seeing this forum. I did tell them that there were many complaints about the issue online in the U.S. as well as the UK. They took my model and serial numbers along with purchase info, and after placing me on hold briefly, advised me that they would send me box and packing material for return and repair at no charge.

The unit is the first and newest of three Onkyo AV receivers I own, to present a problem. The other two are still in service with no issues. I applaud and thank Onkyo for taking responsibility beyond the traditional warranty period when they know there was a defective component. Corporate responsibility is a scarce commodity in this day and age. Great to see that some companies value their reputation and have a desire to maintain their existing customer base.
post #3875 of 3883 Old 09-05-2014, 01:12 PM

Liked: 13
Got my NR609 Back From Repair (HDMI Board)

Fantastic customer service. 2 week turn around. Works like new. Jose is the man!
post #3876 of 3883 Old 09-05-2014, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekkaraban View Post
Fantastic customer service. 2 week turn around. Works like new. Jose is the man!

could you repost your contact information for the repair?
who did you send it to? thanks.
post #3877 of 3883 Old 09-05-2014, 01:17 PM

jose.torres@us.onkyo.com he is very quick to respond....at least in my case. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwoodward View Post
could you repost your contact information for the repair?
who did you send it to? thanks.
post #3878 of 3883 Old 09-05-2014, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow you are quick to respond as well !! thanks.
Question: it's only happened to my receiver once... reset fixed it.
should i still push for a repair?
post #3879 of 3883 Old 09-05-2014, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Jose and Onkyo did a great job. I think my receiver was returned to me within a week. Shipped from MN to IL. Onkyo even provided a clear tape for the box.
post #3880 of 3883 Old 09-05-2014, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well I just purchased the NR609 but there is a story behind this. The Pioneer AVR in my family room system just had a right channel failure and rather than getting it fixed (it is an entry level unit) I went to the local HiFi store and saw the Onkyo on sale for a song basically. It was marked as customer return/repair and on questioning the sales agent, was told apparently the HDMI board had failed and had been replaced by the authorised service center. This wasn't too long ago.

Given the almost 50% off new the store offered me and with the same as new warranty I bought it. At the time I didn't know the HDMI board problem was quite common but hopefully with it having been replaced recently, it will be a board with the manufacturing fault corrected.

As an aside this isn't the first time I have had an Onkyo AVR fail with a HDMI board problem. Two AVR's ago I had the NR-TX576 and that unit's HDMI board also failed. Since it didn't do Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD MA and repairs were going to be expensive, I ditched it. Onkyo don't seem to know how to design solid HDMI boards?
post #3881 of 3883 Old 09-07-2014, 06:18 PM

Yes. If you haven't yet, do it. Mine was like that too. Then it became more frequent very quickly.
post #3882 of 3883 Old 09-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Liked: 0
For that person that provided the email for Jose Torres deserves a pat on the back. I emailed him last night at 10pm and he responded at 6am. Provided me a link to check my serial # of my receiver and I qualify for the repair. I should be expecting a box and a prepaid shipping label within a few days. If you need the link to check your serial # to see if you qualify, let me know.
post #3883 of 3883 Old Today, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlahtida View Post
Many thanks to dlahtida and any others on this thread who discovered this and then posted the info. I suddenly lost all audio on my TX-NR509 the other morning and spent some time attempting various solutions (checking HDMI connections, resetting the receiver, determining if I could at least play music through the USB connection - I couldn't - etc. I also noticed on the setup screen that the network and update sections were grayed out, surprising since my receiver is connected to my home Ethernet and has worked fine in the past for Pandora, etc. I then did a quick Google search and quickly discovered this thread. I was able to get through to Onkyo support quickly and equally quickly determined that my receiver qualified for the repair. The process is very straightforward and I'm confident the issue will be resolved without my having to spend a dime. Onkyo made this super easy. That said, I can certainly live for a few weeks with the sound from my TV speaker. So thanks to all of you once again for saving me so much time, aggravation, and most of all, $$$!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr509 5 1 Channel Network A V Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr309 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - Nr609 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page