Onkyo TX-NR609, TX-NR509, TX-SR309 Thread - Page 136 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #4051 of 4056 Old 10-21-2016, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX Alpha View Post
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The HDMI board somehow also control the speaker outputs and there is no sound when the HDMI board breaks. With this failure, the Onkyo receptors become useless.
My 609 audio just started pooping out. First I got loud crackling / popping noises from the rear L and R speakers, then no sound at all. I am only able to watch TV by using HDMI pass through and putting the receiver in standby.

Does this sound like the "no sound" issue being addressed by the extended warranty action?

Thanks

-- G.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4052 of 4056 Old 10-23-2016, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger77 View Post
My 609 audio just started pooping out. First I got loud crackling / popping noises from the rear L and R speakers, then no sound at all. I am only able to watch TV by using HDMI pass through and putting the receiver in standby.

Does this sound like the "no sound" issue being addressed by the extended warranty action?

Thanks

-- G.
Onkyo support list of symptoms that may be related to a faulty HDMI board are:

- Loss of sound experienced on a specific channel.
- Loss of sound experienced on all channels.
- Speaker indicator on display is not showing.
- Speaker indicator on display is on.
- "Now Initializing..." message on display is showing constantly.
- Network settings in Setup Menu is grayed out (unselectable).
- Loss of video on HDMI output.
- Noise/crackled audio comes out of speakers (after verifying speaker wires and audio connections are secure).

In my 509, I had loss of sound on all channels, speaker indicator on display not showing and network settings grayed out, but video using HDMI output worked fine.

You need to contact Onkyo support. Using the receiver serial number, you can verify if yours is covered under the extended warranty and get it repaired for free.
post #4053 of 4056 Old 10-23-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX Alpha View Post
Onkyo support list of symptoms that may be related to a faulty HDMI board are:

- Loss of sound experienced on a specific channel.
- Loss of sound experienced on all channels.
- Speaker indicator on display is not showing.
- Speaker indicator on display is on.
- "Now Initializing..." message on display is showing constantly.
- Network settings in Setup Menu is grayed out (unselectable).
- Loss of video on HDMI output.
- Noise/crackled audio comes out of speakers (after verifying speaker wires and audio connections are secure).

In my 509, I had loss of sound on all channels, speaker indicator on display not showing and network settings grayed out, but video using HDMI output worked fine.

You need to contact Onkyo support. Using the receiver serial number, you can verify if yours is covered under the extended warranty and get it repaired for free.
Thanks, I have a few of those symptoms.

I went on-line, verified my S/N was covered, and signed up for the repair program. Prepaid shipping box on the way.
post #4054 of 4056 Old 12-01-2016, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My brother in law lost his setup mic for his 509. Does anyone know if the mic for my 609 will work for him? I can't find a part number for my mic but it looks like his is Acm1h.
post #4055 of 4056 Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I went on-line, verified my S/N was covered, and signed up for the repair program. Prepaid shipping box on the way.
As a belated follow-up, the receiver came back in less than a week! So far it works flawlessly, but a little differently. HDMI start-up takes longer than it did before. I have no issue with it if it's going to be more reliable.

Last edited by gregger77; Yesterday at 09:03 PM. Reason: typo
post #4056 of 4056 Old Today, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
As a belated follow-up, the receiver came back in less than a week! So far it works flawlessly, but a little differently. HDMI start-up takes longer than it did before. I have no issue with it if it's going to be more reliable.
You will also notice the cooling fan kicking in more often, or at least that is what I saw when I got mine repaired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr509 5 1 Channel Network A V Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr309 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread