Originally Posted by gregger77
My 609 audio just started pooping out. First I got loud crackling / popping noises from the rear L and R speakers, then no sound at all. I am only able to watch TV by using HDMI pass through and putting the receiver in standby.
Does this sound like the "no sound" issue being addressed by the extended warranty action?
Onkyo support list of symptoms that may be related to a faulty HDMI board are:
- Loss of sound experienced on a specific channel.
- Loss of sound experienced on all channels.
- Speaker indicator on display is not showing.
- Speaker indicator on display is on.
- "Now Initializing..." message on display is showing constantly.
- Network settings in Setup Menu is grayed out (unselectable).
- Loss of video on HDMI output.
- Noise/crackled audio comes out of speakers (after verifying speaker wires and audio connections are secure).
In my 509, I had loss of sound on all channels, speaker indicator on display not showing and network settings grayed out, but video using HDMI output worked fine.
You need to contact Onkyo support. Using the receiver serial number, you can verify if yours is covered under the extended warranty and get it repaired for free.