Help narrowing the field - upgrade from Outlaw 990 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Currently have an Outlaw 990 and Emotiva LPA-1 paired with Paradigm Studio v3 system. Recently upgraded TV and now HDMI is an option for me. Wondering which current AVRs could be used as a pre-pro and be considered an upgrade in terms of quality over the Outlaw. I do run cable box and BluRay through the Outlaw vi component. Looking to stay under 1k. I don't really care about networking functionality, etc, so its really just a matter of video and sound quality at this point. Thanks much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes182 View Post

Currently have an Outlaw 990 and Emotiva LPA-1 paired with Paradigm Studio v3 system. Recently upgraded TV and now HDMI is an option for me. Wondering which current AVRs could be used as a pre-pro and be considered an upgrade in terms of quality over the Outlaw. I do run cable box and BluRay through the Outlaw vi component. Looking to stay under 1k. I don't really care about networking functionality, etc, so its really just a matter of video and sound quality at this point. Thanks much.

Even though it has network capability, I have an Integra DTR 40.2 that is really one awesome receiver. There is an extensive discussion on it in the blu-ray.com forums. Others will chime in for sure.

Jeff
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page