Well it depends on what you are looking for as far as features.
Are you wanting
5.1 minimum, 7.1 would be nice to have.
2) How many HDMI ports do you need?
3 minimum, everything seems to be going to HDMI these days.
3) Do you want internet conn. such as Pandora and etc?
Not necessary, no need/don't want to pay for any bells or whistles.
4) A great G.U.I ( on screen display ) or just a "basic"? * This is just a personal thing
Doesn't matter how it looks, as long as it works. Rather money be spent on what's under the hood than aesthetics.
5) How many watts are you needing for your speakers? * If no amp amp/needed that is
Well 90W seems to be the standard for around this price range, obviously higher would be nicer. Important factor is clean power, 120W rated doesn't necessarily mean true 120W.
6) Does size matter? Such as is there a HxWxD max to fit into a cabinet?
Doesn't matter, big or little as long as it's best performer.
Its not a bad thing to wait if you have time but sometimes if you wait untill the next gen. models come out all the "good" A/V's are usally sold out buy then... just a thought thou.