Onkyo HT-RC360/370 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-13-2011, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are you playing 3d movies? If so, PS3 doesn't do the lossless while playing 3d movies.
Also, after hooking up the receiver, did you rescan the audio and video settings on the PS3 so it knows what your receiver is now capable of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-JTL View Post

Are you playing 3d movies? If so, PS3 doesn't do the lossless while playing 3d movies.
Also, after hooking up the receiver, did you rescan the audio and video settings on the PS3 so it knows what your receiver is now capable of?

No im not playing 3d movie just regular blueray movie. How do you scan for audio?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbthai View Post

No im not playing 3d movie just regular blueray movie. How do you scan for audio?

On the ps3 XMB, second column from the far left, go down to video settings (I think that's right) and pick HDMI, go through all that to where it says what resolutions you can do...right after that is an option to scan for audio settings on HDMI and it will show what audio capabilities you have (it should be a pretty big list). Accept that, then try the movie again.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:

On the ps3 XMB, second column from the far left, go down to video settings (I think that's right) and pick HDMI, go through all that to where it says what resolutions you can do...right after that is an option to scan for audio settings on HDMI and it will show what audio capabilities you have (it should be a pretty big list). Accept that, then try the movie again.

Thanks, I tried it awhile ago and its still not picking up. I think I have a lemon receiver, ill try to fiddle it more.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:

This is my first TruHD/DTS-HD and I wanted to test it out, played a movie on ps3 with the latest firmware. Movies shows audio to be DTS-HD but on the receiver it self it only shows a dts or dolby icons. Is it suppose to show dts-HD or D+ True HD icons in red? No matter what movies play, i can't seem to get the icons to show. Please see pics below for examples. Do I have a faulty receiver?

Hi disbthai, is this a fat PS3 or slim PS3? Did you select Straight in the Listening Mode Preset menu for Dolby D/Dolby D Plus/TrueHD and DTS/DTS-ES/DTS-HD?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi disbthai, is this a fat PS3 or slim PS3? Did you select Straight in the Listening Mode Preset menu for Dolby D/Dolby D Plus/TrueHD and DTS/DTS-ES/DTS-HD?

This fat ps3 please show me how to set this up as straight in listening mode. Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 PM

Is anyone using the ht-rc370 with a separate amp? I'm experiencing hum in all speakers. It's possibly a ground loop problem. The amp checks out ok.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:

This fat ps3 please show me how to set this up as straight in listening mode. Thanks

I'm pretty sure the fat ps3 doesn't support those. You have to get a slim or a different blu ray player.

Edit...well, I'm not sure, but make sure you are set to linear PCM and not bitstream output on the ps3. Apparently the fat couldn't do lossless on bitstream. I dunno. Give it a shot, go through ALL your settings, try a new HDMI cable...then maybe try a new receiver?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

Which hdmi input do you have it connected on your avr?

I tried 2 (VCR/DVR) and 1 (BD/DVD)
Old 09-13-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the fat ps3 doesn't support those. You have to get a slim or a different blu ray player.

Edit...well, I'm not sure, but make sure you are set to linear PCM and not bitstream output on the ps3. Apparently the fat couldn't do lossless on bitstream. I dunno. Give it a shot, go through ALL your settings, try a new HDMI cable...then maybe try a new receiver?

Thank you for your help and time. Ill try those settings
Old 09-13-2011, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you have the fat PS3, it will not display DTS-HD or TrueHD because it cannot bitstream the HD audio codecs. Set the PS3 audio to output LPCM so it will let PS3 do the decoding and then pass it to the receiver. The receiver will display Mult CH PCM.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi E-JTL, with the new software update v3.70 to the PS3 has enabled DTS-HD audio for 3D Blurays.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraficionado View Post

Is anyone using the ht-rc370 with a separate amp? I'm experiencing hum in all speakers. It's possibly a ground loop problem. The amp checks out ok.

This seems to be a rarity...
Old 09-14-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

I have my HTPC connected to my RC-360- HDMI. I'm running Windows 7. I have no problems whatsoever. That is really odd, don't know if it's avr related but i would check the (Nvidia) settings on your computer to see if it resolves the issue first.

What graphics card do you have? An nvidia one? What is your refresh rate set at? 60? 59? something else?

I changed it from 60 to 50 and it seemed to fix the problem but I don't want mine set at 50. All of my media is 60 and 24. Wont leaving it on 50 cause jerkiness?

Changing the nvidia setting to 1080i (and leaving refresh rate at 60) also fixes it. This isn't a good option. I want it to stay at full 1080p resolution.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:

Thanks, I tried it awhile ago and its still not picking up. I think I have a lemon receiver, ill try to fiddle it more.

You DO NOT HAVE A LEMON receiver, your receiver is fine, the fat ps3 does decode Dolby True Hd/DTS -HD. Just in a different way. When you hook it up and set your ps3 proper it will display as MULTICHANNEL PCM on your receiver. To verify that just press the select button on your Ps3 and it will display dolby true HD. This link explains it properly.

http://hd.engadget.com/2009/04/21/hd...with-your-ps3/

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 THX, Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's, Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52, Sub-Klipsch Sub 12, Surround - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360, HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,7 TB, Video Processor -Darbee

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2236715
Old 09-18-2011, 02:13 PM

I have had an Onkyo RC 360 for about a month now and it has been working great until today. It seems that all the rear HDMI inputs are not working. I checked the cable box and it is outputting a signal. Also, if I plug the cable box into the AUX HDMI on the front of the Onkyo RC360 it works fine as well. It's only all 5 of the rear HDMI inputs. Yesterday it worked great but not today. Any suggestions?
Old 09-18-2011, 05:42 PM

Has anybody tried updating to the newest firmware from a few days ago?

I'm trying to update using usb and its been updating for over an hour and it seems to be unresponsive now but the activity light on the usb stick is blinking. It's stuck on the screen where it says "Please check connection of USB, etc" and "Update" is highlighted. I don't remember what it said last time while updating but I think it displayed a different screen with progress or something.

Does anybody have any ideas? It looks to be frozen but I don't want to brick the unit by restarting it in case it has already erased the firmware and hasn't written the new one.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecga View Post

Has anybody tried updating to the newest firmware from a few days ago?

I'm trying to update using usb and its been updating for over an hour and it seems to be unresponsive now but the activity light on the usb stick is blinking. It's stuck on the screen where it says "Please check connection of USB, etc" and "Update" is highlighted. I don't remember what it said last time while updating but I think it displayed a different screen with progress or something.

Does anybody have any ideas? It looks to be frozen but I don't want to brick the unit by restarting it in case it has already erased the firmware and hasn't written the new one.

Wait! The updates can take an hour or more.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:47 PM

Just a quick question-looking for opinions. I need a 3D capable AVR and am looking at the 360, 370 and the 709. If you could buy the 370 and 709 for the same price or the 360 for $130 less than either one, which one would you buy?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:24 AM

If you can get a 709 for only 130 bucks more than a 360
then I suspect the 360 is way over priced
- look for a better a deal
Old 09-19-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassnlogan View Post
Just a quick question-looking for opinions. I need a 3D capable AVR and am looking at the 360, 370 and the 709. If you could buy the 370 and 709 for the same price or the 360 for $130 less than either one, which one would you buy?
If it is only $130 more I would get the 709. But keep in mind that the 360 sold as low as $250 so 709 for $380 is a steal
Old 09-19-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by licnyc View Post
If it is only $130 more I would get the 709. But keep in mind that the 360 sold as low as $250 so 709 for $380 is a steal
360 is $399 and 709 is $529. So I guess I should wait until I see a better price on one of them? I'm in no real hurry as I am able to pretty much watch 3D except for Directv 3D content. And I can even watch that if I just input my HDMI straight to the TV. My BD player is the Panasonic 310 and it has dual HDMI outputs, so 3d Bluray isn't a problem now. And I'm not locked into any of these models so if there are any better deals out there I'm open to suggestions.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:00 AM

$529 for a 709 is a good price ... about $70 cheaper than normal. Definitely worth the extra money, as you get Multi-EQ XT versus just the very basic audyssey on the 360.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:16 PM

My 360 outputs 480p in OSD at the source where hdmi is connected so the OSD appears as a small blue square in the 1080p screen. At the other sources where no hdmi is connected it outputs 1080 and the osd fills the screen. This happens even if I set video output to 1080p or auto. When I play video content everything's ok--this happens only in the OSD menu mode. Is this normal?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Is there a way to completely turn off the display? It only dims...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:45 PM

My new HT-RC360 seems to drop or lose the audio signal, only for a second or two. This happens mostly when watching local or national news. At least thats when I notice it.

I use Dish TV thru a VIP722 DVR via HDMI to the RC360 then out via HDMI to my JVC TV (model HD-56FC97).

Anyone else have this problem? Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks,
Old 09-20-2011, 05:00 PM

I'd like to add wireless networking to my 360 but keep the front usb port available.

This product caught my eye - the "SMC EZ Connect SMCWEBT-G 108Mbps 802.11g Wireless LAN Gaming Access Point/Bridge". It's available online today from multiple sources in the $20 range (Meritline had it this morning for $16.99 delivered, for a limited quantity). Here's the link - they're back up to $19.99 now - http://www.meritline.com/smc-ez-smcw...?source=fghdac

My network configuration skills are somewhat minimal. Does anyone here have any experience with this SMC product and these receivers? Will this product work? Here is a link to the SMC spec sheet - http://www.smc.com/files/AY/DS_WEBT_G.pdf.

It sure would be an inexpensive solution if it can be configured to work with the 360.

Anybody heard about these - any thoughts?
Old 09-21-2011, 03:32 PM

@conuvial : That gaming adapter should work just fine with the 360. Just connect both devices to each other via the LAN/Ethernet port but keep in mind that you will have to configure the adapter first to connect to your home network (refer to user manual). Most likely connecting the adapter to your PC via Ethernet cable and accessing your adapter's configuration page. Also, make sure NOT to do any Firmware updates via that (wireless) connection as there's a great risk that you might "Brick" your receiver.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:28 PM

Thanks for the clues JM_TX, especially the part about firmware updates.

I decided to get one coming - it should arrive next week.

I'll post how it works out, as anything else I found to do the same thing (act as an access point/bridge) seemed to cost 4 to 5 times as much...
Old 09-24-2011, 09:55 PM

Went and got hd-rc360, came home hooked up everything and played saving private ryan on bluray. Audio sounds great but noticed lip sync is out of sync by milliseconds just enough to annoyed. I updated with the latest firmware switched out different hdmi cables but still out of sync. I also checked in the menu to make sure lip sync is on. Anyone else have this problem or do i have a lemon onkyo?