Onkyo HT-RC360/370 - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 739 Old 02-10-2012, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Twice now, I have had an issue where I cannot get video from my rc-360reveiver. It hasn't happened in the middle of anything, but rather after a few hours of non use. I get audio, but no video. Even passthrough won't work when I shut it off. Firmware is up to date. The first time it happened, I just said screw it and when I came back and turned it on, the "onkyo" logo came up and hdmi restarted. The second time was last night, and I did what the FAQ page on the onkyo site said to do, which is to reset it by holding the vcr button and the power button. That did the trick, but I can't help but be both concerned and annoyed. I have to reset the audessey and other settings. Its only about two weeks old. If its just a glitch that is a known issue (and hopefully one that can be fixed in a later firmware) I would feel a little better. But, if resetting the thing is only masking a specific flaw with my unit, than I have a real problem. I would raher not have to deal with sending it back to amazon or onkyo, but I will if this is a signal of things to come. Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 739 Old 02-12-2012, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I recently purchased an HT-RC360 to replace an aging receiver.

Hooked up to the old receiver was a Sima VS-560 switchbox that had a wonderful feature that it would automatically switch to the newest video input it detected, so if the cable was the only thing on, that would be the video input, but then if I then turned on my XBox360, it would detect that and automatically switch to that video input, when the XBox360 is switched off, it would go back to the previous input, it is a wonderful feature and left me never needing to use the remote to switch to different inputs.

Unfortunately that switchbox just died (plus it didn't support HDMI 1.4), so I hooked everything up to my new HT-RC360 and am finding it tedious to use the remote to switch between inputs (yes, this feature made me remote control lazy).

I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything in the manual and that the HT-RC360 receiver doesn't have this feature, and if not, does anyone know of another HDMI 1.4 receiver that does?

Here is the description of the feature in the VS-560 manual (doesn't look like they are selling this switcher any more)

Auto Input Mode
If the Auto Input mode is on, as a new input becomes active, the VS-560 will automatically change to the new input. If you want to go to another A/V source, select the input using the front panel button or the remote. If you don’t want the VS-560 to automatically select an active input, turn the Auto Input mode off.

Please note when you activate Auto Input mode, it scans the inputs when the VS-560 is on or in the stand-by mode. A new input becoming active will cause the unit to wake from standby, and select the new input.

(I'm a new poster, so can't post links, but here's the url in text mode)
http://www.simaproducts.com/products...product_id=636

Thanks,
Ron
post #543 of 739 Old 02-17-2012, 07:29 AM

I ask because the HTC-RC370 is impossible to find anywhere on the net, and newegg lists it as out of stock and not expected to be back in stock. And, if I did find it ... it looks very similar to the HTC-270, which has a LOT of complaints on amazon etc that they start developing problems within months. Does the similar 370 have a similar reliability issue? If it is discontinued, is the 709 the closest current comparable model that has video upscaling, MultiEQ XT, and 7.2? (actually 5.2 is fine to for me ... I'm looking for the ".2" part)
post #544 of 739 Old 02-18-2012, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
^ Yes, the 709 would be your best alternative. It's basically the same box as the 370, with a couple extra inputs.
post #545 of 739 Old 02-18-2012, 08:14 AM

Zone 2 audio out of sync!!!
Has anyone figured out how to reduce the crazy annoying delay in the audio between Zone 1 and Z2? Z2 produces sounds around .5 seconds before Z1. It seems to be much worse after the latest firmware upgrade. Does anyone have a fix?
post #546 of 739 Old 02-18-2012, 09:47 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhaha108 View Post

"snip" .... so I hooked everything up to my new HT-RC360 and am finding it tedious to use the remote to switch between inputs (yes, this feature made me remote control lazy).

I'm pretty sure this doesn't autoswitch to the most recent input, but that is what logitech harmony remotes are for.

plus ... autoswitching is difficult with hdmi sometimes as some devices always output a signal even when off (a black image signal at that point), so that fools some switchers.
post #547 of 739 Old 02-18-2012, 10:20 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddnhead View Post

I ask because the HTC-RC370 is impossible to find anywhere on the net, and newegg lists it as out of stock and not expected to be back in stock. And, if I did find it ... it looks very similar to the HTC-270, which has a LOT of complaints on amazon etc that they start developing problems within months. Does the similar 370 have a similar reliability issue? If it is discontinued, is the 709 the closest current comparable model that has video upscaling, MultiEQ XT, and 7.2? (actually 5.2 is fine to for me ... I'm looking for the ".2" part)

Onkyo has recently announced the release of their new 2012 models so no reason for resellers to purchase last year's models with the new one's coming out in a few months.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #548 of 739 Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 PM

With the Onkyo UWF-1 wifi dongle is it possible to use it to connect to my windows 7 wireless laptop, iphone 4s, or ipad2? Or is it only used to listen to internet radio stations. I would like a wireless audio connection to these devices. With audio, picture, and video would be a PLUS. Wireless, not HDMI, or Ethernet.

thanks you
post #549 of 739 Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 PM
EJ
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaty View Post

With the Onkyo UWF-1 wifi dongle is it possible to use it to connect to my windows 7 wireless laptop, iphone 4s, or ipad2? Or is it only used to listen to internet radio stations. I would like a wireless audio connection to these devices. With audio, picture, and video would be a PLUS. Wireless, not HDMI, or Ethernet.

thanks you

Windows 7, yes because it's DLNA compatible. I believe you still need a wired dock for the iphone, because the Onkyo doesn't have "airplay".

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #550 of 739 Old 02-21-2012, 06:11 AM

@Heaty
"• Photos and movies stored on a media server cannot be
accessed from the AV receiver"
- manual pg25

The DLNA on the HT-RC360 is audio only.
post #551 of 739 Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 AM

I bought the RC360 about 3 weeks ago. This is my first surround system! I am very impressed; didn’t know what I was missing all these years. I am using it along with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 set.

I also recently purchased Star Wars original trilogy on blu-ray. I have noticed some distortion, mostly in the surround speakers. I’ve read somewhere that this may be due to the system pushing the 6.1 DTS-Master audio rear channel to the surround speakers (I only have 5 speakers).

It is strange because while I have it loud, it’s not that loud. For comparison I’ve also been watching the TV show Breaking Bad on Apple TV which is feeding a Dolby Digital sound source. And with that even though it’s an internet stream, I can bump that show really loud and never hear any distortion at all.

So my question is basically what might be causing the distortion on the SW trilogy? Is it the funneling of the 6th channel to the surround speakers? And if so are there any settings that might help with this. The manual doesn’t mention any troubleshooting for distortion.
post #552 of 739 Old 02-22-2012, 12:26 AM

thanks so much you answered my question, how do i set up my laptop so it can hook up to the htrc 360 wirelessly?
Last question: Is it possible to listen to music in the USB port and watch TV from the CBL port?? do two things at once from the receiver?
post #553 of 739 Old 02-22-2012, 06:22 AM

Connect the AVR and your laptop to your home router
Use the NET function on the AVR select DLNA
Select the DLNA server on the laptop.

You should download the manual from Onkyo and read about setting up a DLNA server on your laptop.

Don't know if you can watch tv while listening to music on the USB. You can watch TV and listen to the tuner so maybe.
post #554 of 739 Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 PM

I've had this receiver for about a month now. Just noticed something interesting, not sure how long it has been going on. Every time I power off the receiver and turn it back on, the center channel is set to -4db. This is not ok!
post #555 of 739 Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_G0D View Post

I've had this receiver for about a month now. Just noticed something interesting, not sure how long it has been going on. Every time I power off the receiver and turn it back on, the center channel is set to -4db. This is not ok!

mine is always -11. I think its because you turned audyssey ON. if thats not it then you have to change your center ch in the SET UP>MENU>SPEAKER>and calibrate it from there. if you press the home buttom to adjust the speaker DB settings its only temporary until the unit is turned off.
post #556 of 739 Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 PM

i found this really cool article review from CNET
http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers...4505271-2.html im wondering if the htrc 360 can do it. anyways this is a sweet incorporated handy input for everyone
post #557 of 739 Old 02-23-2012, 03:59 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:

Why is it not ok? What was the speaker set to after running the automatic speaker setup routine? Most speakers will get set to a negative value (unless they are very inefficient) to calibrate to the 75db test tone.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #558 of 739 Old 02-23-2012, 04:01 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:

mine is always -11. I think its because you turned audyssey ON. if thats not it then you have to change your center ch in the SET UP>MENU>SPEAKER>and calibrate it from there. if you press the home buttom to adjust the speaker DB settings its only temporary until the unit is turned off.

You have a very efficient speaker (likely 95db or higher) so it's volume must be reduced quite a bit to get it to a 75db level at your main listening position. The Onkyo sets the speaker volumes so it doesn't matter whether Audyssey is ON or OFF.

post #559 of 739 Old 02-23-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:

SET UP>MENU>SPEAKER>and calibrate it from there. if you press the home buttom to adjust the speaker DB settings its only temporary until the unit is turned off.

Thanks for that. I didn't know that home button settings were supposed to be temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Why is it not ok?

It's not ok because I can't hear speech in movies without turning everything else up louder than it should be. My center is a Polk CS2 and it's only about 12ft. from my listening position.
post #560 of 739 Old 02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Have you tried using Audyssey Dyn EQ + Dyn Vol (Medium) or Dolby Volume? Also note that changes to the Center speaker and sub volume using the Home menu are retained in memory.

post #561 of 739 Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM

I use Dyn EQ, but have not tried Dyn Volume. I suppose I could try that, but so far it looks like bringing the center channel up a little bit has achieved the sound I'm looking for. Thanks for the help.
post #562 of 739 Old 02-23-2012, 09:35 PM

Hey Everyone,

I have a question I want to ask. I just picked up an Onkyo HT-RC360 from PC Richard for a great price when it was on sale. That was on 01/23/2012. All of a sudden, the receiver has been having lip sync issues. I've tried unplugging it, hard resetting it, checking the firmware, turning off/on the lip sync option in the menu, everything. I simply don't know what to do. I'm going to contact PC Richard tomorrow and see what can be done about getting it exchanged. I'm just worried about their 20 day exchange policy (why they didn't choose 30 is beyond me). If I can't get it exchanged, what are my options?
post #563 of 739 Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybaiani View Post

Hey Everyone,

I have a question I want to ask. I just picked up an Onkyo HT-RC360 from PC Richard for a great price when it was on sale. That was on 01/23/2012. All of a sudden, the receiver has been having lip sync issues. I've tried unplugging it, hard resetting it, checking the firmware, turning off/on the lip sync option in the menu, everything. I simply don't know what to do. I'm going to contact PC Richard tomorrow and see what can be done about getting it exchanged. I'm just worried about their 20 day exchange policy (why they didn't choose 30 is beyond me). If I can't get it exchanged, what are my options?

How can a receiver alone have lip sync problems? What are your source/avr/tv connection details? Why didn't you choose 30 days from another retailer if that's an issue? Who knows what your options are since you've barely described the issue? Seems more likely you not knowing how to set up at this point.

post #564 of 739 Old 02-24-2012, 01:24 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybaiani View Post

Hey Everyone,

Does this occur with all sources or just a single source?

Resellers usually have anywhere from a 14-60 day return period; however, once outside those dates, you generally have to deal with the mfr for repair issues although it certainly never hurts to call the reseller first to see if they'll work with you. If you purchased with an American Express, they have a 90 day Return Protection program which can be used regardless of the resellers return policy.

post #565 of 739 Old 02-24-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:

It's not ok because I can't hear speech in movies without turning everything else up louder than it should be. My center is a Polk CS2 and it's only about 12ft. from my listening position.

This was my experience as well. Performing the Audyssey auto setup also set my center at -4 (using Energy Take Classics).

I have noticed that some movies appear to be more affected more than others. The Toy Story 1 & 2 blu-rays were particularly bad to the point where at first I thought my center channel had gone out all together or I had accidentally selected some funky audio track where the dialogue had been removed.
post #566 of 739 Old 02-24-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:

i found this really cool article review from CNET
http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers...4505271-2.html im wondering if the htrc 360 can do it. anyways this is a sweet incorporated handy input for everyone

I doubt it. I have a friend with an RC 360 and I'll try it over the weekend.

The other way you could do this is to hook up cable directly to your tv, but I'm guessing you already thought of that.
Ditto for streaming movies.. if your tv supports it, stream movies to your tv and let the audio come through the receiver via ARC.

post #567 of 739 Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by .peace. View Post

I doubt it. I have a friend with an RC 360 and I'll try it over the weekend.

The other way you could do this is to hook up cable directly to your tv, but I'm guessing you already thought of that.
Ditto for streaming movies.. if your tv supports it, stream movies to your tv and let the audio come through the receiver via ARC.

Hi .peace., its possible to watch video and select an audio (either Tuner, TV/CD or Port - not sure about Universal Port jack). Example: connect your music source to "TV/CD" analog jacks or to Digital Coaxial jack or Optical jack (assign input to TV/CD).

- select your video input source
- wait until the source video is playing
- on the remote, press "Receiver" button and then "Tuner" or "TV/CD" or "Port" button.
post #568 of 739 Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi .peace., its possible to watch video and select an audio (either Tuner, TV/CD or Port - not sure about Universal Port jack). Example: connect your music source to "TV/CD" analog jacks or to Digital Coaxial jack or Optical jack (assign input to TV/CD).

- select your video input source
- wait until the source video is playing
- on the remote, press "Receiver" button and then "Tuner" or "TV/CD" or "Port" button.

Thanks, I'll try that. I read on a few threads that this exact same steps used to work on most companies' receivers previously but many have stopped supporting it over the last couple of years. It's pretty cool if Onkyo still supports it.

post #569 of 739 Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 PM

I have a minor problem with my onkyo htrc 360. I setted up the receiver to have "AUTO STAND BY ON" in the Set up Menu. Meaning after no signal is detected it will go into Stand By Mode/OFF. However It can never fully engage in Stand By Mode/OFF and the receiver always runs HOT and its displaying the HDMI pass through logo. All of units, digital CBL, and TV is off. Why wont the receiver enter STAND BY MODE. The amp and the top vents are always running HOT and not chilled. The Onkyo "RIHD" is detecting something on and allowing the HDMI Pass-Through on 24/7, and can never turn off and runs hot all day all night. The only way it turns off fully is when I turn off the RIHD in the onkyo in the menu but sometimes at night I want to watch digital CBL with TV speakers running through the AMP. How do i fix this problem is there something I dont know?? The HDMI pass-through and Auto Stand By Mode use to work till recently.
post #570 of 739 Old 02-25-2012, 01:45 AM

I noticed that hooking up a computer to the 360 through a HDMI renders the picture quite dark. Tried setting the "monitor out" to "through", but that didn't change much.

Anybody ran into this issue?

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page