Onkyo HT-RC360/370 - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 735 Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Someone recently mentioned having issues with getting zone one and two to sync while playing back. I havehad the 360 for awhile now and that has always been an issue for me. They are not always out of sync, but theyr not always in sync either and it doesn't seem to really correspond to anything. Anyone else experienceing this or have it fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 735 Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGwhat View Post

Are you using MAC filters on your router? If so, try disabling mac filters to see if that helps.

http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.w...ing-faq-uwf-1/

I'm not, and it's CAT-5 wired so the link you posted does not apply directly, but I'll try fiddling the router in that area to see. Maybe I'll try and spoof the router to be the reciever's MAC and see if that makes a difference for the internet part, at least.
post #633 of 735 Old 03-28-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilditup1 View Post

RC360 owner here. When using DLNA, is there any way to get back to the 'Now Playing' screen after hitting Return and browsing through your music for another song? In other words, if I start browsing, but change my mind, is there any shortcut back to the song that's playing?

EDIT: So thanks to the latest firmware update (dated 3/16), the Android app can now control net functions without issue on the RC360. It thankfully includes a handy 'now playing' button...so the functionality is there. But can I do the same thing with the plastic remote?

Press the search button (above the red line) on the remote - at least that works for vtuner and My Favorites and last.fm.
post #634 of 735 Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 PM

Well, turns out the Linksys router had something to do with it. Went out and got a Netgear N300 wireless router, and it all worked from the get go. DLNA & internet streaming. Still can't figure out for the life of me why every device but the HTR-RC360 worked fine on the old router. I haven't finished configuring the router yet how I like, but so far so good.

One thing now is, my iPod Onkyo Remote2 app won't work anymore. It just gets stuck on the initial splash screen.
post #635 of 735 Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 PM

Nevermind, I reinstalled the app on my iPod and all's good.
post #636 of 735 Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 AM

Liked: 11
FYI - Onkyo HT-RC360 7.2 Receiver $199 at FRY'S in store
http://www.frys.com/product/6598513

Origin - mrmike929
PSN - mrmike929
Steam - mike929
post #637 of 735 Old 04-06-2012, 12:12 PM

Strongly considering the 360 receiver to upgrade my 605. What other receivers does this compare to? For those who have one, what do you wish it could do or have that you regret (more power, THX, etc.)?
post #638 of 735 Old 04-07-2012, 08:41 PM

I have the HT-RC360, and recently added speakers to zone 2. I understand that 5.1 audio is all I can use in my main room while zone 2 is in use, and have to switch zone two off to regain 7.1. My question is: Why do I also have to manually navigate in the Onkyo menu to "speaker configuration" and select my back channel speakers from "none" to (in my case) 120hz? Must I always enter the the menu and change:

1. zone 2 off
2. back channel from "none" to "120hz"

Thanks in advance for reply!
post #639 of 735 Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 AM

New firmware update available (from March 16) changes max volume settings.

http://filedepot.onkyousa.com/Files/...0_03_16_12.pdf
post #640 of 735 Old 04-17-2012, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey all-
Any insight on how to get standby power consumption down? I seem to be stuck at 40W, which is unacceptable. I have shut off HDMI Control, HDMI Passthrough, and Network Control, and it has not budged. I also disconnected by USB fan on the theory that maybe that was tricking it into turning on more - nothing, still stuck at 40W. The manual says standby power consumption is supposed to be far less, so what gives? Any insight? Did I miss something?
post #641 of 735 Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedBPhx View Post

Press the search button (above the red line) on the remote - at least that works for vtuner and My Favorites and last.fm.

Thanks for helping me see what was in front of my own nose- this works. I posed the question at the official Onkyo forum and the guy said this was not doable.
post #642 of 735 Old 04-17-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilditup1 View Post

Hey all-
Any insight on how to get standby power consumption down? I seem to be stuck at 40W, which is unacceptable. I have shut off HDMI Control, HDMI Passthrough, and Network Control, and it has not budged. I also disconnected by USB fan on the theory that maybe that was tricking it into turning on more - nothing, still stuck at 40W. The manual says standby power consumption is supposed to be far less, so what gives? Any insight? Did I miss something?

Well, I'm not sure what was going on, but after resetting the receiver, it no longer sucks up 40W in standby...so that's now a moot point. I am still debating selling this at a slight loss, cancelling my extended warranty on it, and replacing with a Yamaha RX-V671, which has purportedly better SQ and DSP overall as well as a lower profile, HDMI passthrough capability whilst sipping just 2W of power, FLAC pausing over DLNA (though apparently their Android app isn't up to scratch/folders can take time to load) and doesn't need an external fan to keep cool. But, this may be too much hassle, and could end up costing me a bunch if I can't sell it for something fairly close to what I paid (PCR deal) though. My main concern, I suppose, is SQ - there isn't something similar to the 'Advanced Surround' feature from my old Pioneer HTiB that effectively matrices a non-negligible amount of sound for TV and sports. The other things I listed are concerns but minor ones, since passthrough isn't gonna be used in practice often, I can deal with not being able to pause FLAC (will likely have a Raspberry Pi down here soon enough), and having to use an external fan at a moderate setting doesn't bother me - though it would be nice to have a cool-running receiver so as to stack a few more things. Meh. Sorry, sometimes I've just gotta think out loud
post #643 of 735 Old 04-17-2012, 07:41 PM

I've noticed that both the surround left and surround right audio is coming from the sl channel. I checked all cables - looks right. Any insights? Reset? Way to fix easy? Otherwise love it!
post #644 of 735 Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgersftw View Post

I've noticed that both the surround left and surround right audio is coming from the sl channel. I checked all cables - looks right. Any insights? Reset? Way to fix easy? Otherwise love it!

You checked the speaker setup configuration? If that's not it a reset would be what I'd try next. This is regular surround channel, not rear surround?

post #645 of 735 Old 04-18-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC26 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-RC360-7-2-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B004UR487U/

Is this a decent price for the 360? Thanks!

Think I saw much lower a while back in this thread, but a quick google http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CHQQwhUwAA#

post #646 of 735 Old 04-23-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstieve View Post

Someone recently mentioned having issues with getting zone one and two to sync while playing back. I havehad the 360 for awhile now and that has always been an issue for me. They are not always out of sync, but theyr not always in sync either and it doesn't seem to really correspond to anything. Anyone else experienceing this or have it fixed?

I posted on this a while back as well. Seems like others have the issue, but no one seems to have a workaround. If anyone has fixed this issue, let us know.

Thanks!
post #647 of 735 Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 AM

Of anyone who follows this thread is in the market for one of these receivers PM me.
post #648 of 735 Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 AM

Hey guys, just wondering if Onkyo volume units are consistent across their products. I just replaced a rc260 with a rc370 and noticed that to get around the same level of loudness I need to set the rc370 at a much higher value relative to the rc260 (for instance now I need ~40 to match ~26 on the rc260). I'm not sure if this is an issue with the unit I have or just a difference in the "units" used for the sound by the respective receivers.
post #649 of 735 Old 05-05-2012, 04:41 AM

A question for those using zone 2...how is the sound quality? Planning on using a set of bookshelfs for music only in a livingroom of 18 x 23.
post #650 of 735 Old 05-10-2012, 12:49 AM

I just picked up the DC360, and I have a quick question - I have a Tivo Premiere plugged into it, but I can only get 5.1 digital audio off the HDMI line if I set the Tivo to Dolby Digital. The problem is that with this setup I can't hear the Tivo remote control 'pop' sounds, you need to use Dolby Digital to PCM.

So my question to anyone with a Tivo HD (Series 3 or higher) would be if you have it set to Dolby Digital to PCM, then what is the audio decode setting on the DC360 you use? I've tried everything and can't get it to work digitally, it'll only come through as 5 channel stereo and not a proper surround soundtrack.

Thanks for the help...
post #651 of 735 Old 05-15-2012, 03:27 PM

Liked: 13
Hi all. looking at replacing my Onkyo TX-SR608 with an HT-RC370. Looking at the network radio, MultiEQ XT, and pre-outs as a main point is switching over. I keep running into a wonderful issue that while there is bass, it always seems to be lacking in the listening position so hoping MultiEQ XT helps out some but if it doesn't then I'll live with it. Any thoughts on it? Room is about 18 x 10 x 8 with the back of the room kind of oddly shaped.

equipment:
RF-82II fronts
RC-62 II
RS-52 II
RF-52 II - rears
2 x RW-12D

Because great sound fills the room, shakes the house, breaks hearts, stirs souls, and always will
post #652 of 735 Old 05-15-2012, 03:39 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 1315
^^
You should hear improvement in the bass as the 608 is unable to EQ the sub, while MultEQ XT in the 370 can.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #653 of 735 Old 05-15-2012, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard8873 View Post

Hi all. looking at replacing my Onkyo TX-SR608 with an HT-RC370. Looking at the network radio, MultiEQ XT, and pre-outs as a main point is switching over. I keep running into a wonderful issue that while there is bass, it always seems to be lacking in the listening position so hoping MultiEQ XT helps out some but if it doesn't then I'll live with it. Any thoughts on it? Room is about 18 x 10 x 8 with the back of the room kind of oddly shaped.

equipment:
RF-82II fronts
RC-62 II
RS-52 II
RF-52 II - rears
2 x RW-12D

Where can you get one? I thought they were pretty much gone. Personally I don't notice the bass eq effects all that much when using the dynamic eq setting...and there's no way to see how it's set by Audyssey for the sub that I know of (but am open to being guided to see that).

post #654 of 735 Old 05-16-2012, 08:22 AM

Liked: 13
Thought I found one but site turned out to be fake after doing some digging around. Looks like it may be a TX-NR709 or better that I'll go with unless I can find an RC370 for less. Thanks for the help guys.

Because great sound fills the room, shakes the house, breaks hearts, stirs souls, and always will
post #655 of 735 Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM

I am using CEC/RIHD to have my TV remote control the Onkyo 360. I use the digital optical out cable from my Sharp Aquos TV to the Onkyo, and also have an HDMI cable going from the 360 to the TV.

Everything works great, except when I power on the TV, and the Onkyo turns on, it defaults to AUX and displays "HDMI start up". I need to either manually select TV/CD Input, or if I change inputs on the TV remote, then the Onkyo switches to TV/CD.

Even if I manually turn off/on the Onkyo it also switches inputs to AUX, both if the TV is on or off. I searched avsforum, google, and the owners manual, and didn't find any information on this.

Does any one know what is going on, and how to have the input stay on TV/CD across power off/on?
post #656 of 735 Old 05-16-2012, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skister View Post

I am using CEC/RIHD to have my TV remote control the Onkyo 360. I use the digital optical out cable from my Sharp Aquos TV to the Onkyo, and also have an HDMI cable going from the 360 to the TV.

Everything works great, except when I power on the TV, and the Onkyo turns on, it defaults to AUX and displays "HDMI start up". I need to either manually select TV/CD Input, or if I change inputs on the TV remote, then the Onkyo switches to TV/CD.

Even if I manually turn off/on the Onkyo it also switches inputs to AUX, both if the TV is on or off. I searched avsforum, google, and the owners manual, and didn't find any information on this.

Does any one know what is going on, and how to have the input stay on TV/CD across power off/on?

You'll find my and another few members posts back in this thread about using a Harmony 650 and Samsung PN59D8000 particularly. In my case I wanted the AVR to start with Cbl/Sat input and the TV would change it to TV/CD and then I'd have to change it until I did the timing sequence over again recently on the Harmony and now it changes it back to Cbl/Sat after switching to TV/CD...only solution I know is to turn off the CEC/RIHD but that has other repercussions (like no ARC when I do use the TV and need audio).

post #657 of 735 Old 05-16-2012, 04:28 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 1315
^^
Note that you can replicate the ARC feature by adding back the optical cable from the TV to the AVR (in some cases it's actually better as most TV's only pass PCM 2.0 over the HDMI cable, while passing DD 5.1 over the optical).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #658 of 735 Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbueller View Post

I just picked up the DC360, and I have a quick question - I have a Tivo Premiere plugged into it, but I can only get 5.1 digital audio off the HDMI line if I set the Tivo to Dolby Digital. The problem is that with this setup I can't hear the Tivo remote control 'pop' sounds, you need to use Dolby Digital to PCM.

So my question to anyone with a Tivo HD (Series 3 or higher) would be if you have it set to Dolby Digital to PCM, then what is the audio decode setting on the DC360 you use? I've tried everything and can't get it to work digitally, it'll only come through as 5 channel stereo and not a proper surround soundtrack.

Thanks for the help...

I'm rudely rebumping my question because I still can't figure this out. If anyone can answer, I'd much appreciate it.
post #659 of 735 Old 05-21-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skister View Post

I solved my issue. I originally had my HDMI inputs going directly to the AVR, so I labeled the inputs for HDMI1-4. When I switched it so the HDMI goes to the TV and digital optical out to the AVR, I did not update the labels. Evidently since the TV/CD entry was blank, the AVR would choose AUX when first powered on.

I mapped TV/CD to HDMI1, even though HDMI1 is not connected, and now when my HT-RC360 powers on, it starts on the correct input.
post #660 of 735 Old 05-24-2012, 03:26 PM

Hi everyone. First time caller. Long time listener.

I'm recently moving into a new home and am constructing a fairly run of the mill budget minded home theater. I've got a Panasonic 55in ST50 that just arrived, along with a set of Energy Take Classics. We use a PS3 and WDLive for Netflix, Vudu, and streaming mkv's to the living room.

I've previously used an Onkyo TX506 for my receiver needs. I never minded that it didn't pass HDMI audio, but I've run into a road block with running extra audio cables and the wife wants something that will be easier to operate in terms of changing settings, etc. So it's time to get a better receiver.

I have always admired the price/performance of onkyo so I am likely to stick with that brand. But I want something with full HDMI functionality, a quality amp to drive the Energy's, and a reasonable price tag.

Will the RC360 fit the bill for my purposes? Is there something better in a similar price range? Thanks in advance for any comments.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page