Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 735 Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBCookin View Post

Just got my 360 out of storage after 2 years. The unit worked fine for three months before I packed it away.

Now when I select Net as the source the TV screen flickers.

Is this a common problem?

Called Onkyo and they might consider fixing it for free even though it's out of warranty. I have to email in a copy of the receipt, but I can't seem to find it (yet). Any chance that they'll fix it without proof of purchase?

Denon AVR-X4000 ($622)
Gallo Strada 2 fronts, with Mapleshade stands ($600)
HSU VTF-2 ($215)
Harmony 650 remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 735 Old 02-06-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunnoAV View Post

So my Onkyo 360 HDMI audio output died. I noticed this after I had a new direct tv box put in. I don't know if that was the cause or the 2 year failure that lots of people are complaining about. http://forums.onkyousa.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3035

When's the last time the power to the unit has been cut? If it's been some time, try unplugging the unit from the wall for a minute and see if it fixes the problem. I've found that every 3 or 4 months mine will start acting up, unplug it and plug it back up and everything’s fine for another few months. Don't worry, it won't lose all your settings and presets.
post #723 of 735 Old 02-06-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms View Post

Sent one, but from other replies regarding Onkyo I'm not too optimistic about them giving me a Roku code. That's why I asked here hoping there was a chance a user actually found a code that works.

Reply came back today:

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately we do not have remote codes that support the Roku as of this moment.

The search continues.
post #724 of 735 Old 02-08-2014, 07:03 AM

Liked: 11
^ Sorry to hear that! One would think that the Roku has enough of an installed base for them to support it.

Based on your original question, I guess you don't have a learning remote...
post #725 of 735 Old 02-09-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretski View Post

Based on your original question, I guess you don't have a learning remote...

The Onkyo Remote for the HT-RC360 is not a learning remote, but you can enter the code for many devices to control them with it. Right now, it controls my
Sony BluRay, Insignia TV, Pioneer CD Changer, Pioneer Tape Deck in addition to the Onkyo receiver.
post #726 of 735 Old 02-10-2014, 06:45 AM

I know. I own a HT-RC360. :-)

My comment was in reference to an IR learning remote (I use a Harmony One, and my Onkyo remote lives in the drawer). Anyway, I sent a message to Onkyo support to ask for Roku codes to be released, to try to help...one more voice.
post #727 of 735 Old 02-19-2014, 07:20 AM

My Onkyo is housed in a cabinet with a couple of inches of airspace above the receiver, open to the front, but enclosed in the back. It gets pretty warm to the touch, but not super hot. Given the problems with HDMI boards going out, I decided to add a fan to the system.

Here's the one I got:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G05A2MU/

The fan is USB powered, and comes with an power plug adapter and rubber mounting feet. I plugged it in to the master control plug on my UPS, so it is only on when the Onkyo is on. I have the fan sitting on top of the vents, blowing upward. This has developed a nice convection flow in the cabinet, and the receiver now stays very close to ambient temperature. The fan is very quiet. Power draw is negligible; it pulls a little over a watt.

post #728 of 735 Old 02-27-2014, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am pleasantly surprised that Onkyo is still providing firmware updates for the RC370 even though I am no longer using it.
http://www.onkyousa.com/Downloads/firmware.php?source=globalnav
post #729 of 735 Old 02-27-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by carageuw View Post

I am pleasantly surprised that Onkyo is still providing firmware updates for the RC370 even though I am no longer using it.
http://www.onkyousa.com/Downloads/firmware.php?source=globalnav

Thanks for the info. Since none of the following is going to be of any benefit to me, I won't bother....

The 02/19/14
update addresse
s the following
(all above listed models):
AVAILABLE ONLY VIA USB
Corrects lock up failure when using Telstra T Box or MiCasaVerde Vera Lite controller on the same
network
The 09/11/13
update addresse
s the following
(all above listed models):
AVAILABLE ONLY VIA USB
Improves
picture output of 4K up-scaling
The 06/13/2013
update addresses the following:
AVAILABLE ONLY VIA USB
Corrects the problem that the OSD menu does not appear when certain source components connected via HDMI are in standby mode
The 04/20/2011 update addresses the following:
Enhances video output
Improves update functionality
Supports hexadecimal WEP keys in manual setting of UWF
-

post #730 of 735 Old 03-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

I was finding my way through the Setup Menu to do a firmware update. In the process I must have hit a button on my Onkyo Remote and/or on the 370 that has caused strange hings to occur. I was in the Setup Menu but had not selected Firmware Update when things went awry. I am now unable to get either my Harmony One or the 370 Remote to perform properly. I may have accidentally hit the "memory clear" button on the 370, not sure. No control of volume on either remote. On the Harmony One all other basic functions seem to be fine. Nothing on the Onkyo Remote works. The remote indicates it is sending a signal. I put in new batteries just in case the signal was too weak but still nothing works. On the front panel of the 370 I can bring up the Setup Menu but can't figure out how you navigate up and down the menu on the front panel. The remote is useless.

Any ideas as to what is going on?
Thanks--
post #731 of 735 Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Did you go into remote ID and do something? Try a system reset?

post #732 of 735 Old 04-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Did you go into remote ID and do something? Try a system reset?[/quote

[]I'm searching for the Onkyo manual. In the meantime, how does one reset the unit and/or go into remote ID? Can either be done or accessed from the front of the receiver?
[/]
post #733 of 735 Old 04-02-2014, 02:41 AM
AVS Special Member

You can only do the reset from the receiver. Keep in mind you'll lose saved data and go back to original settings as when you bought it. You might try a soft reset first (i.e. unplugging it for a minute or so). To do the full system reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.

The remote selection is on the same menu as the firmware updates i.e. on the hardware setup menu (#7 from the main setup menu)

post #734 of 735 Old 05-06-2014, 04:05 PM

I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere,or this is old news, but these models no loner support Rhapsody anymore. Luckily I have a Chromecast, but I still think it's kind of crappy to stop supporting a receiver that I've had for less than three years. I called Onkyo aboutit, and their customer service pretty much said I'm SOL. It kind of defeats the purpose of having my receiver connected to the internet. I wonder what else it will be dropped. And it's annoying to still see Napster on the Net home screen. Just delete it already.
post #735 of 735 Old 05-15-2014, 12:18 PM

Posted this in videogames and haven't seen a response but since I think it might be receiver related I'm trying again here...

I've been experimenting with my home theater setup and noticed lately that my PS3 sounds significantly better with the same material than my Xbox One does (never used the 360 for media, and can't compare bluray with it). Does anyone have a similar experience or suggestions to bring them closer together? Does the PS4 have pretty much the same hdmi audio as the PS3? Right now I'm experimenting the NIN Beside You In Time but I've switched while watching movies because it is noticeably different. I normally set my receiver to multichannel instead of direct, right now I have the PS3 on Dolby TrueHD.

Onkyo Rc360
Pioneer SP-FS52-LR and SP-C22 for fronts, Onkyo rears and sub
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page