Onkyo HT-RC360/370 - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #751 of 759 Old 08-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Newbie
 
LineNoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms View Post
If the sound died, there is a recall for that. Doesn't matter if it's out of warranty as Onkyo will still repair it.

Open and read the Loss of Audio/network link.

I took advantage of this earlier this year when my sound quit. Onkyo sent me a box with label and all packing material and turn around was pretty quick. All for no charge at all.

I just picked an HT-RC360 out of the garbage No audio Did some searching and saw your post. Already filled out the form and they're going to send me a box! I can't even explain how excited I am right now. Thank you so much for posting the link, phantoms!


I've been eyeing a receiver like this since we had our patio installed, but there's no way I could afford one right now and poof one appears.
LineNoise is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 759 Old 09-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Member
 
endeitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Onkyo Remote App: no volume control for Zone2

Does anyone use the Onkyo remote app with this receiver? My experience has been that it cannot control Zone2 (my patio speakers) volume. When I go to volume I just see the message "Preout (Fixed)", and no way to control it. I have updated the firmware to the latest, but no joy.

Ed.
endeitz is offline  
post #753 of 759 Old 09-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Member
 
phantoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by endeitz View Post
Does anyone use the Onkyo remote app with this receiver? My experience has been that it cannot control Zone2 (my patio speakers) volume. When I go to volume I just see the message "Preout (Fixed)", and no way to control it. I have updated the firmware to the latest, but no joy.

Ed.
The android remote app? There are now two of them from Onkyo in the app store. Maybe the second one will fix your issue. I can't tell you as I don't use zone 2.
phantoms is offline  
 
post #754 of 759 Old 10-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Member
 
TedBPhx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My HT-RC360 is dying after 4 and a 1/2 years. The audio and network work so that recall doesn't apply. It takes a couple of cycles. Of the power button to get it to start up and it keeps forgetting tuner presets or sometimes refuses to to tune at all.

Replaced it with a TX-NR838, new, last year's model, for 599 from Woot! Very happy.
TedBPhx is offline  
post #755 of 759 Old 09-04-2017, 04:30 AM
Member
 
Mmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Onkyo Speaker Level settings

Can someone please help me on what should be the dB levels on each of the speakers in 7.1 set up using Onkyo HT RC360 ?
I am very new to using AV Receiver and not able to figure out what these levels should be for optimal experience. I left them as default and am not able to hear any crispness in the sound, for ex., sounds of chain links, drum cymbals,(when news readers or announcers on commercial says anything with "S" ) dont know what these type of sounds are called -- goes to show how new I am to this..

Any help is appreciated -- thanks in advance.
Mmetal is offline  
post #756 of 759 Old 09-04-2017, 04:45 AM
Senior Member
 
jmh547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 45
The speaker level is used to set the volume of each speaker independently to adjust for things like different distances and room gain. I am not familiar with that avr but most avrs have a feature that plays white noise (static) you set the db so each speaker is the same loudness.

What you are describing as crispness and clarity either points to a need to eq or just poor speakers.

What speakers are you using?


P.s. I just looked up your avr. Do you have the calibration microphone? Audyssey will eq and set the db levels automatically.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
jmh547 is offline  
post #757 of 759 Old 09-05-2017, 07:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Pennhaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh547 View Post
The speaker level is used to set the volume of each speaker independently to adjust for things like different distances and room gain. I am not familiar with that avr but most avrs have a feature that plays white noise (static) you set the db so each speaker is the same loudness.

What you are describing as crispness and clarity either points to a need to eq or just poor speakers.

What speakers are you using?


P.s. I just looked up your avr. Do you have the calibration microphone? Audyssey will eq and set the db levels automatically.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
jmh547 is 100% correct. This receiver is designed to use the built-in Audyssey software with it's calibrated microphone to automatically set speaker levels and frequency equalization. If you don't have the Audyssey mic you can set volume levels manually with the built-in white noise generator. In either case you need to refer to the owners manual, which I suspect can still be downloaded from Onkyo's web site. My experience with this receiver, which I no longer own, is that the sound signature with the Audyssey equalization calibration is on the "warm" side, i.e., emphasizing mid-range more than higher frequencies. So you might want to reset everything to factory settings and boost the treble control manually as desired. Again, suggest you really need to refer to the owner's manual.
Pennhaven is offline  
post #758 of 759 Old 09-07-2017, 05:37 AM
Member
 
Mmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennhaven View Post
jmh547 is 100% correct. This receiver is designed to use the built-in Audyssey software with it's calibrated microphone to automatically set speaker levels and frequency equalization. If you don't have the Audyssey mic you can set volume levels manually with the built-in white noise generator. In either case you need to refer to the owners manual, which I suspect can still be downloaded from Onkyo's web site. My experience with this receiver, which I no longer own, is that the sound signature with the Audyssey equalization calibration is on the "warm" side, i.e., emphasizing mid-range more than higher frequencies. So you might want to reset everything to factory settings and boost the treble control manually as desired. Again, suggest you really need to refer to the owner's manual.
thanks Pennhaven and JMH.
I have the audyssey mic that came with it to set up the calibrations and I did that.
Now that you've explained, I am beginning to think it is with the lowest low end speakers I have (RCA speakers that came with RCA Blu Ray Home Theater system). I use sony 100W Subwoo.
I personally prefer having more crispness and bass than the standard settings. I've managed to get more bass to my liking by increasing the subwoo db level.
Also recently I've lost all video coming out of the AVR and after several non-successful attempts, ended up resetting to factory settings. While customizing some settings, I don't remember what exactly I did different but the crispness sounds significantly much better now which got me to ask here if there is any specific settings to make it even better.

Also, after resetting to factory settings I haven't done the 2013 firmware upgrade.

Thanks again for your help.
Mmetal is offline  
post #759 of 759 Old 09-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Member
 
Mmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmetal View Post
thanks Pennhaven and JMH.
I have the audyssey mic that came with it to set up the calibrations and I did that.
Now that you've explained, I am beginning to think it is with the lowest low end speakers I have (RCA speakers that came with RCA Blu Ray Home Theater system). I use sony 100W Subwoo.
I personally prefer having more crispness and bass than the standard settings. I've managed to get more bass to my liking by increasing the subwoo db level.
Also recently I've lost all video coming out of the AVR and after several non-successful attempts, ended up resetting to factory settings. While customizing some settings, I don't remember what exactly I did different but the crispness sounds significantly much better now which got me to ask here if there is any specific settings to make it even better.

Also, after resetting to factory settings I haven't done the 2013 firmware upgrade.

Thanks again for your help.
where are the settings to adjust treble levels?
Mmetal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off