AVS Forum banner

The "official" Yamaha RX-V671 thread. 7.1-Channel Network AVR

540K views 2K replies 526 participants last post by  paulypaul 
#1 ·

Features

Front Panel USB Digital connection with iPod and iPhone Audio Control

A USB port on the front panel provides convenient connection for your iPod/iPhone, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod/iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV Receiver, noise interference is minimized and sound quality is much better.

Network Capability

This model offers networking capabilities and can serve as the hub of a home entertainment network that’s connected to the Internet. Its powerful networking capabilities provide enjoyment of thousands of free Internet radio stations worldwide and full access to free and paid music streaming services such as Pandora, vTuner, Rhapsody, SiriusXM Internet Radio and Napster. This model is also Windows 7 and DLNA 1.5 certified which allows access to music files on any computer or local NAS drive content available on the home network.

iPhone AV Controller App

Use in a Home Network for More Music, Easy Control: This AV Receiver can be the control center of a home entertainment network connected to the internet. You can use the AV Controller app for control from an iPhone, etc., and enjoy music streaming from Pandora, Napster, Rhapsody and Sirius Internet Radio.

Analog and HDMI Video Upscaling to Full HD 1080p

This model is capable of outstanding upscaling and i/p conversion quality, This AV Receiver will upscale video signals up to 1080p. This means a much better picture with HDTVs capable of 720p, 1080i or 1080p resolution.

This model also features extremely precise motion adaptive and edge adaptive deinterlacing and multi-cadence detection (including 3-2 pull-down).

Advanced On-Screen GUI

On-Screen Advanced GUI (Graphical User Interface) Yamaha’s latest Graphical User Interface has a high resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable Status Bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format.

HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel

1080p HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel (6 In/ 1 Out), including one on Front Panel deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide consumers with the highest-quality home theater experience. HDMI can provide an interface between most audio/video sources, such as a set-top box, Blu-ray player, DVD player, or A/V receiver and a video monitor, such as a High Definition Television (HDTV), over a single cable.

Audio Return Channel (ARC) is a distinctive 3D-ready function allows consumers to use a single HDMI connection to transfer digital audio from the TV back to the AV Receiver eliminating the need for a second cable between the TV and the home theater AV Receiver.

Front Panel HDMI Input

An HDMI terminal on the front panel makes it easy to connect a camcorder or digital camera. All of the HDMI terminals are compatible with 3D and CEC, making them convenient for connecting set-top boxes and Blu-ray disc players.

HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D

CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers. The actually measured sound field data contain the information of the height of the sound images. CINEMA DSP 3D mode achieves the reproduction of the accurate height of the sound images so that it creates the accurate and intensive stereoscopic sound fields in a listening room.

SCENE for One-Touch Start

The Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for BD/DVD Viewing, CD Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button. Other SCENE settings are also available, such as iPod Listening, SiriusXM Listening [model dependent], TV Sports Viewing and Action Game Playing. Browsing and selecting the settings is quickly accomplished by changing Input via the front panel and watching the on-screen display. The settings can be selected for one-time use, or they can replace the original default settings. The SCENE names can be changed also.

YPAO Automatically Sets the Best Sound for Any Room

Yamaha’s YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyze the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters, such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers and even the sound pressure level, etc. Until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room and you don't have to do anything!

Compressed Music Enhancer

When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. This function restores what was lost, so your music always sounds the way it should.

Eco-Friendly Design

The RX-V671 has a low standby power consumption of 0.1W (2.0W in HDMI Standby Through mode) and an Auto Power Down feature (selectable to 4, 8 or 12 hours) which help make this an environmentally friendly receiver

Optional Accessories for Added Convenience

Yamaha Docks make it easy to enjoy your favorite music from your iPod or iPhone, with or without cables. With the YDS-12, all you have to do is set the unit in the cradle.

Universal Dock for iPod/iPhone YDS-12

yAired Wireless Dock System YID-W10

Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10

Advanced Features
  • SCENE buttons (BD/DVD, TV, CD and Radio)

- Quick and simple to use

- HDMI CEC powers up compatible TVs and Blu-ray Disc™ players
  • Network functions

- AV Controller app for operating various functions from an iPhone, etc.

- Access to: Internet Radio (vTuner): MP3, WMA Streaming Services (Rhapsody®, SIRIUS Internet Radio, Pandora®, Napster®) Music files on PC: WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC

- DLNA 1.5 certified
  • Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
  • Advanced multi-language GUI on-screen display with album art
  • SIRIUS Satellite Radio ready
  • HDMI front panel input for devices such as camcorders and digital cameras
  • HDMI CEC with versatile control from AV Receiver remote control
  • YPAO sound optimization for automatic speaker setup
  • Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input
  • Ability to change HDMI Input while in Standby Through mode
  • iPod/iPhone compatibility with optional YDS-12 Universal Dock
  • Wireless connection for iPod/iPhone with optional YID-W10
  • Bluetooth (A2DP) compatibility with optional Yamaha Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10
  • iPod/iPhone song titles displayed in English and Western European languages on the front panel and on-screen display
  • Dialogue Lift
  • Audio Delay for adjusting Lip-Sync (0-250ms)
  • Preset remote unit
  • Background video feature (for tuner and USB only)

Audio Features
  • 7-channel powerful surround sound, 125W per Channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven)
  • HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
  • Discrete amp configuration
  • Pure Direct for highest resolution sound
  • Low jitter PLL circuitry helps optimize sound imaging
  • Assignable amplifiers for bi-amp connection
  • Intelligent assignable amplifiers for Surround Back to Front Presence or Zone 2

Video Features
  • Analog and HDMI video upscaling to full HD 1080p
  • 1080p-compatible HDMI: 6 inputs (1 on front) and 1 output
  • Supports Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 24Hz Refresh Rate and Auto Lip-Sync compensation
  • High quality video processing with precise deinterlacing

- Motion adaptive and edge adaptive deinterlacing

- Multi-cadence (incl. 3-2 pull-down) detection
  • HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel

Surround Realism
  • HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programs)
  • Compressed Music Enhancer with CINEMA DSP
  • Virtual Presence Speaker function for CINEMA DSP 3D surround without Front Presence Speakers
  • Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) and Adaptive DSP Level
  • SILENT CINEMA and Virtual CINEMA DSP

Versatile Zone Control
  • Zone 2 on/off and control on front panel
  • Zone sleep and system sleep
  • Remote input/output
  • Programmable +12V trigger output

Released May 2011.

Note: The RX-V671 probably shares 90% commonality with a number of other 'mid range' Yamaha 2011 "national" and/or "market segment" variants, including, but not limited to: the RX-V771, RX-V871, RX-V867, RX-A710, RX-A810, HTR-6064, HTR-7064, and HTR-8064.

See less See more
Reactions: ChromeJob
#1,779 ·
How do i change my frequency to 120hz on my speakers? can only find 98.2 and 125hz.

I've read this:

the subwoofer, being sealed, worked best exactly where every other sealed sub has worked best, to the left of my rack, inside of the front left speaker. They were driven by an Anthem MRX-700, utilizing the ARC room correction. Crossovers were found to work best at 120Hz all round, in line with Q Acoustics recommendations.
http://www.avforums....-package-5.html

#1,780 ·
setup, manual setup, bass crossover.

I'm not sure if this is the whole speaker bass management, or the sub crossover. I've set mine to 60hz since I'm near fear and prefer the standmounts reproduce a bit lower bass, and not driving very hard anyway. Speakers to small.

or do you mean manual ypao eq adjustment?

#1,781 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom  /t/1327107/the-official-yamaha-rx-v671-thread-7-1-channel-network-avr/1770#post_22959316

setup, manual setup, bass crossover.

I'm not sure if this is the whole speaker bass management, or the sub crossover. I've set mine to 60hz since I'm near fear and prefer the standmounts reproduce a bit lower bass, and not driving very hard anyway. Speakers to small.

or do you mean manual ypao eq adjustment?

I dont relly know the only thing i know is that Crossovers were found to work best at 120Hz all round, in line with Q Acoustics recommendations.

and they say to set my speakers to Small and the crossover to 120hz on them, but cant find how to set them to 120hz.

someone on the forum says

I've been speaking to some 'Onkyo experts' today and they confirm what Russell advised previously: ie. it is important that, in the amplifier’s set-up menu, the left front, centre, right front and both surround loudspeakers are set to ‘small’, the subwoofer is set to ‘yes/on’ and the crossover frequency for all the satellite speakers is adjusted to 120Hz.

#1,782 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajjejosefsson  /t/1327107/the-official-yamaha-rx-v671-thread-7-1-channel-network-avr/1770#post_22959228

How do i change my frequency to 120hz on my speakers? can only find 98.2 and 125hz.

If you see numbers like 99.2 and 125Hz you're in the equalizer setup menu. Don't change anything there or you could really screw up the sound.

You want to change the bass crossover frequency which is in the setup menu under Speaker / Manual Setup / Configuration / Bass Crossover. 120Hz is one of the choices, and you only have to set it in one place (the same crossover is used for all speakers). Make sure you set all speakers as small too.

#1,783 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99  /t/1327107/the-official-yamaha-rx-v671-thread-7-1-channel-network-avr/1770#post_22960068

If you see numbers like 99.2 and 125Hz you're in the equalizer setup menu. Don't change anything there or you could really screw up the sound.

You want to change the bass crossover frequency which is in the setup menu under Speaker / Manual Setup / Configuration / Bass Crossover. 120Hz is one of the choices, and you only have to set it in one place (the same crossover is used for all speakers). Make sure you set all speakers as small too.
That eq is the best thing since sliced bread.
But youre right, if you dont know what youre doing you could mess things up pretty bad.

#1,784 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vghetta  /t/1327107/the-official-yamaha-rx-v671-thread-7-1-channel-network-avr/1770#post_22954133

good idea thks for your help!

Obviously this could be either the Xbox or 671 (or both given the interaction/HDMI handshake). However, the settings in the Xbox are minimal - 1080/HDMI and that's it. I run my sons Xbox through our theater Yamaha AVR, have tried both processed and passthrough without issue. It's not a 671 however.

The one thing I would try is different HDMI cables. Make sure you have "High Speed" cables. On that note what are the lengths of your HDMI runs from Xbox to 671 to display?

Cheers

#1,788 ·
My SCENE TV button doesnt find my TV's internal cable tuner. I've set it up normally. ARC works, SCENE button for bluray player works, everything except this.

Everytime I press SCENE TV, it shows only the "main screen" of the receiver with a wallpaper. With bluray player and TV, the Panny always shows "EC/HDMI2". AVR shows AV4.

Sooo, how I can make it to fetch signal from the HDMI between the tv and avr? Thanks!

RX-V671(Firmware 1.39), Panasonic ST50. (European models, if matters)

HDMI 1.4 cable from AVR's HDMI OUT to Panny's HDMI2(ARC)

#1,789 ·
ok, now that Sirius/xm is no longer providing free access to thier internet radio without paying$4 a month, how can I delete my preset stations from the presets I set up? how can I remove my login info from the sirius internet radio settings?

Too bad they did this. I'm not paying $48 * royalty fees when there are tons of just as good srations for free on vTuner internet radio. Anyone else upset about this?

#1,791 ·
you have to prepay for your subscription, so threatening to leave will be useless. when I renew my subscription Ill ask then. now how do I remove my presets fron the net radio function. I can't even get into the option to change my login or password. antone know how to get there? I don't use an external radio, just the net radio.

Thanks.

#1,793 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbullet  /t/1327107/the-official-yamaha-rx-v671-thread-7-1-channel-network-avr/1770#post_22994046

you have to prepay for your subscription, so threatening to leave will be useless. when I renew my subscription Ill ask then. now how do I remove my presets fron the net radio function. I can't even get into the option to change my login or password. antone know how to get there? I don't use an external radio, just the net radio.

Thanks.
Im not sure you can. Others have asked and I have never seen an answer. You can replace the presets but I dont think they can be erased.

#1,794 ·
well trying again in vain to access my sirius account settings accomplished nothing. whenever I got to my sisius prestsets, I get the pop up stating not connected. any attempt access the login or username screen is impossible. not accessable is the message I get or somerhing like it. how can I reset my sisius login settings? can anyone offer a suggestion? redo all the sirius presets with dummy ones? I love amplifier and I think it's great, but the user interface is frustrating.

Thanks.

#1,795 ·
My Sirius stopped working as well. I am able to sign in but when I choose a channel, the channel buffer screen comes on but it never buffers and says "Unable to play". I am able to log in and stream on my PC (i'm still getting Sirius internet for free). I went ahead and deleted the account from my Yamaha, re-entered the info, and still the same problem.

#1,796 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixone  /t/1327107/the-official-yamaha-rx-v671-thread-7-1-channel-network-avr/1770#post_23004392

My Sirius stopped working as well. I am able to sign in but when I choose a channel, the channel buffer screen comes on but it never buffers and says "Unable to play". I am able to log in and stream on my PC (i'm still getting Sirius internet for free). I went ahead and deleted the account from my Yamaha, re-entered the info, and still the same problem.
Do you have the latest firmware? 1.39?

#1,798 ·
phoenixone, how did you delete your account from your amp? I cant get to that point. is there a reset back to factory defaults setting some where I can do? hold down this button while pressing this one and holding device above your head or something? I cant get to my login screen. I ubplugged the network cable thinking this kight help, but no success. Any other suggestions? Im running firmware 1.39 as well.

#1,800 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbullet  /t/1327107/the-official-yamaha-rx-v671-thread-7-1-channel-network-avr/1770#post_23008710

...how did you delete your account from your amp? I cant get to that point. is there a reset back to factory defaults setting some where I can do?

Have you tried restoring default settings from the Advanced Setup menu? (page 101 of the 671 manual)

#1,801 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbullet  /t/1327107/the-official-yamaha-rx-v671-thread-7-1-channel-network-avr/1770#post_23008710

phoenixone, how did you delete your account from your amp?

Using the Yamaha remote:

press "on screen" button - choose "input" - using the left/right arrow keys on the remote, scroll to "siriusxm internet radio" - press the arrow up key on the remote.

A screen pops up with the choices:

Account status

Sign in (greyed out for me)

Siriusxm internet radio trial (greyed out for me)

Remove Account

Video out

Choose remove account then choose "ok" when it asks you "are you sure you want to remove account?".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.