The "official" Yamaha RX-V671 thread. 7.1-Channel Network AVR - Page 76 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2251 of 2262 Old 08-02-2015, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi - I have a Sonos Connect and am trying to connect RX-671 via RCA cables so that I can get TV audio in kitchen. My setup is 3 HMDI inputs (Apple TV2, Cable, DVD) and HDMI output to TV (video only) and 2 front speakers (R/L) wired to the speaker terminals. I have tried both "Audio Out" and the audio terminals on the AV Out, but neither provide audio to the Sonos. I just upgraded to the newest firmware and have reviewed the settings. Not sure what "HDMI/Standby Through" is for (it's ON)and there are options on the "Speaker/Manual Setup" that show Bi-Amp and Extra SP, but not sure if these will help. Any assistance is appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2262 Old 08-02-2015, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know if this old gal will pass through 4k? I just picked up a Samsung 4k TV and plan on connecting my Apple TV, desktop PC and Xbox one to it. I have no other problems with the receiver do it'd be a shame to get rid of it.
post #2253 of 2262 Old 08-04-2015, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sorry I didn't receive a reply to #2251 above, but for any others with a similar issue, the answer is that the unit will not convert the HDMI audio to analog audio and, therefore, the Audio Out will not have output. However, as a work-around, I can set the HDMI Audio Output to also send audio to the TV - and then use the RCA Audio Out from the TV to provide a signal to the Sonos component. Hope this helps other Yamaha 671 owners!!
post #2254 of 2262 Old 08-04-2015, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_john View Post
Hi - I have a Sonos Connect and am trying to connect RX-671 via RCA cables so that I can get TV audio in kitchen. My setup is 3 HMDI inputs (Apple TV2, Cable, DVD) and HDMI output to TV (video only) and 2 front speakers (R/L) wired to the speaker terminals. I have tried both "Audio Out" and the audio terminals on the AV Out, but neither provide audio to the Sonos. I just upgraded to the newest firmware and have reviewed the settings. Not sure what "HDMI/Standby Through" is for (it's ON)and there are options on the "Speaker/Manual Setup" that show Bi-Amp and Extra SP, but not sure if these will help. Any assistance is appreciated!!
It might be because it doesn't support hdmi to the audio out. I know it doesn't work when doing multizone for whole house audio but that's ok for me since I usually just use Pandora. If Pandora works for you then you are going to have to use a different audio source. When I had a cable box, I was able to run the av output from that to the receiver and that worked.
post #2255 of 2262 Old 08-18-2015, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello my friends,

my receiver has indicated the availability of a new version of firmware has been updated to version 1.75 firmware. I will review the options and tell them that brings improvements. greetings
post #2256 of 2262 Old 08-19-2015, 03:21 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Cuéllar View Post
Hello my friends,

my receiver has indicated the availability of a new version of firmware has been updated to version 1.75 firmware. I will review the options and tell them that brings improvements. greetings
Thanks for the info. I will check mine also.
post #2257 of 2262 Old 08-19-2015, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Hello my friends,

Please, I'm curious
post #2258 of 2262 Old 08-19-2015, 04:42 PM

Just got the 1.75 update prompt on my 671. D/L now. Had the receiver on all day, but it only showed up when I pressed the 'Onscreen' button on the remote.
post #2259 of 2262 Old 08-19-2015, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 29
What does the update add or fix?
post #2260 of 2262 Old 08-19-2015, 04:51 PM

Not sure. It is not listed on the website yet. Assume maybe it fixes Access Error with Pandora.
post #2261 of 2262 Unread Yesterday, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Reviewing the settings (v1.75), I see some changes in the configuration screens for manual and automatic speaker. In my case I use the Napster - rhapsody service and with this new version have far more stability in the connection (with v1.60 in my case had cuts and sporadic blockades). Regards.
post #2262 of 2262 Unread Today, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Reviewing the settings (v1.75), I see some changes in the configuration screens for manual and automatic speaker. In my case I use the Napster - rhapsody service and with this new version have far more stability in the connection (with v1.60 in my case had cuts and sporadic blockades). Regards.
Same here ... noticing far better stability with streaming. Kudos to Yamaha for continuing to support their products. They have earned my brand loyalty.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V671 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V671 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page