The "official" Yamaha RX-V671 thread. 7.1-Channel Network AVR - Page 77 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #2281 of 2296 Old 11-02-2015, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 48
If I'm not mistaken the output to Zone 2 is analog sources only. I would check the manual (available online) to confirm.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2296 Old 11-02-2015, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55clown View Post
If I'm not mistaken the output to Zone 2 is analog sources only. I would check the manual (available online) to confirm.

That is what I thought. Which sucks, b/c output on Apple TV is limited to HDMI or Toslink
post #2283 of 2296 Old 11-04-2015, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
don't believe so, I thought owner's manual states only analog signal can go to zone two, but try it as I connected an Ethernet cable to mine and was able to send Pandora (digital I assume) to zone 2
post #2284 of 2296 Old 11-04-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas69 View Post
don't believe so, I thought owner's manual states only analog signal can go to zone two, but try it as I connected an Ethernet cable to mine and was able to send Pandora (digital I assume) to zone 2
Hopefully getting around to hooking it up in the next day or so. Will report back.
post #2285 of 2296 Old 11-04-2015, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
front buttons on panel are sticky? (input left and right and tone control) when pressed they sometimes turn the unit off??? switching inputs via the remote works fine, have already reset the unit to factory setting and no help, any ideas?
post #2286 of 2296 Old 12-12-2015, 03:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Upgrade 5.1 speakers

Hi guys any recommendations to upgrade my 5.1 speakers on the RXV671? I started off with a Polk audio rm705 set but I'd like something with more punch, as I feel the sound is a little feeble. I did upgrade the fronts with M20 towers which improved the output a bit but I would like to revise the setup, specially the tiny center speaker (I bought two old technics boxes, a good deal anyway, to replace the surround speakers before I heard about tonal matching, doh). I'm either for a gradual upgrade or a whole set change, so I'm all ears; thing is locally my choices might be limited (so is budget!). So far I've spotted a quite mint Paradigm Cc150 pair but I'm kind of lost about the whole plan. Thanks!
post #2287 of 2296 Old 12-12-2015, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlysa View Post
Hi guys any recommendations to upgrade my 5.1 speakers on the RXV671? I started off with a Polk audio rm705 set but I'd like something with more punch, as I feel the sound is a little feeble. I did upgrade the fronts with M20 towers which improved the output a bit but I would like to revise the setup, specially the tiny center speaker (I bought two old technics boxes, a good deal anyway, to replace the surround speakers before I heard about tonal matching, doh). I'm either for a gradual upgrade or a whole set change, so I'm all ears; thing is locally my choices might be limited (so is budget!). So far I've spotted a quite mint Paradigm Cc150 pair but I'm kind of lost about the whole plan. Thanks!
What's your budget? Also, are you looking to upgrade the center only or all 5 speakers and the sub? Usually a better sub can offer the most bang in changing the way your system sounds.

post #2288 of 2296 Old 12-12-2015, 12:46 PM

Hi, it's hard to tell my budget as prices in my country are wildly different (higher of course) so I have to go for "low cost". I hadn't thought of changing the sub - indeed it's the only component I hadn't considered changing, but you might have a point. For now my obssession is with the tiny center speaker. I would love to change them all but I could only do that at once if I get some used speakers deal. I see some options in Paradigm so a possibility might be to change gradually to that brand but as I said I'm open to suggestions, specially about proven matching with my equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #2289 of 2296 Old 12-20-2015, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomios View Post
There is changelog:
RX-V671 Firmware Update Version 1.76

Yamaha is pleased to offer the following firmware update to ensure the best possible performance and latest features for your AV receiver.
This firmware
1. Improves connectivity of network music streaming services
PC streaming issue, audio drops after a few minutes - please help...
Music streaming from Dell laptop, Windows 7, running Media Monkey as the DLNA music server. But after a few minutes or a few songs the music just stops. It is driving me crazy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Setup:
Dell Inspiron N5040 laptop
Windows7
ASUS RT-N56U
Comcast Xfinity Gateway (wireless is turned on, it is not in bridge mode).
Media Monkey media player

RX-V671 is plugged into ASUS wi-fi router.
ASUS wi-fi plugged into router.
post #2290 of 2296 Old 12-21-2015, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavu View Post
More money that you have.
There is virtually no area of performance where the RX-V671 is weak.
If you are simply itching to spend money, buy yourself a better display. Or better speakers. Or proper room treatment.
I cannot think of an area where you can make a "noticeable improvement"!
I would not change the AVR at this point unless there was some earthshaking new feature that you are missing.
Your question is akin to "how much to spend to make a noticeable improvement over the light switch in my bedroom?"
I'm just trying to fish around to see if there is something I'm not aware of in newer A/V receivers, or at what price point Yamaha uses better amplifiers, then what comes in the RX-671.
I current use Infinity Beta 40, 20, C360 speakers and planning on to keep using those speakers (maybe if i find a good price on a pair of Beta 50s, I'll buy the pair).

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver
Infinity Beta 5.1
Samsung UN55FH6200F (Costco) LCD TV
post #2291 of 2296 Old 12-21-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomios View Post
There is changelog:
RX-V671 Firmware Update Version 1.76

Yamaha is pleased to offer the following firmware update to ensure the best possible performance and latest features for your AV receiver.
This firmware
1. Improves connectivity of network music streaming services
If only we could get Spotify Connect for the 671, but I guess that's a case closed, you need to buy the newer version, maybe there's a hardware limitation or just a marketing thing. I'm inclined to buy the 777 but it's a lot of money for pre-out, spotify connect and a bit more (wifi I don't care), so I'm just putting off this decision for now, and using the chromecast audio dongle for spotify..
post #2292 of 2296 Old 12-22-2015, 05:03 AM

For $50 or less, Apple TV, Chromecast, etc. add all the streaming options (plus other features) to your setup. True, it is not as seamless as having it built right into the receiver - but it is a huge price difference between adding a dongle and replacing your entire receiver.

I am happy just to be receiving any firmware update at all on this unit. Kudos to Yamaha for their support of discontinued products. Many other manufacturers should follow suit.
post #2293 of 2296 Old 12-22-2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremygary View Post
For $50 or less, Apple TV, Chromecast, etc. add all the streaming options (plus other features) to your setup. True, it is not as seamless as having it built right into the receiver - but it is a huge price difference between adding a dongle and replacing your entire receiver.

I am happy just to be receiving any firmware update at all on this unit. Kudos to Yamaha for their support of discontinued products. Many other manufacturers should follow suit.
You're right Jeremy, I will use the money for better speakers or something. The 671 is really great.

post #2294 of 2296 Old 01-02-2016, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Intel® Compute Stick & RX-V671

Does anyone know if the Intel® Compute Stick will work on one of the HDMI slots on the Yamaha? Anyone try it? I believe the Yamaha works with Chromecast.
Thanks
post #2295 of 2296 Old 01-02-2016, 09:13 AM

I have both a Chromecast (both generations work fine) and the stick. I didn't try it but I assume it should work. Mine is .. Dead now. Need to reinstall it.

post #2296 of 2296 Old 01-29-2016, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
firmware 1.18

I know this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone have a copy of firmware version 1.18? I already tried contacting Yamaha support, but the oldest version they have is 1.22.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V671 Receiver
Gear in this thread