Hello, I'm hoping I am posting this in the correct place.
I have a Denon AVR-2308ci Receiver that I am getting a static issue with through all sources. The last time I had it working I played with the audio setup some to get an optical cable working for sound from the TV. I have placed with the menus for over an hour without success. Below is my setup and what I have found playing with the system.
* The setup in my den is two front speakers, a center channel and a subwoofer.
* The two front speakers are routed through the subwoofer, the center channel is direct from the receiver (Subwoofer is a Polk Audio).
* BluRay Player is a PS3, from there its going to a Samsung 46" LCD.
* all worked fine last I used it until I tried to switch back from rigging an optical setup.
* It seems any optical setup I try is static sound through Right, Left & Center.
* When playing with setup and I say I have a subwoofer the Right speaker doesn't output anything. When I say "no" to subwoofer then the static returns to all three speakers.
* When I try the zone test I get static from all speakers and it doesn't switch from speaker to speaker.
* The video plays fine through the TV while this static is happening.
* In HDMI setup if I switch to "TV" instead of "Amp" the audio plays fine though the TV.
Do I have a bad Amp or is there a setting (or combination of such) that I just failed to happen across?
Any/All suggestions greatly appreciated.