Denon Receiver - Static Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-10-2011, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I'm hoping I am posting this in the correct place.

I have a Denon AVR-2308ci Receiver that I am getting a static issue with through all sources. The last time I had it working I played with the audio setup some to get an optical cable working for sound from the TV. I have placed with the menus for over an hour without success. Below is my setup and what I have found playing with the system.

System Seup:
* The setup in my den is two front speakers, a center channel and a subwoofer.
* The two front speakers are routed through the subwoofer, the center channel is direct from the receiver (Subwoofer is a Polk Audio).
* BluRay Player is a PS3, from there its going to a Samsung 46" LCD.

Issue:
* all worked fine last I used it until I tried to switch back from rigging an optical setup.
* It seems any optical setup I try is static sound through Right, Left & Center.
* When playing with setup and I say I have a subwoofer the Right speaker doesn't output anything. When I say "no" to subwoofer then the static returns to all three speakers.
* When I try the zone test I get static from all speakers and it doesn't switch from speaker to speaker.
* The video plays fine through the TV while this static is happening.
* In HDMI setup if I switch to "TV" instead of "Amp" the audio plays fine though the TV.

Do I have a bad Amp or is there a setting (or combination of such) that I just failed to happen across?

Any/All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-10-2011, 04:11 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1368 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
Why do you have the front speakers connected to the sub instead of to the AVR which would be the recommended configuration in order to set SUB to YES? Try resetting the microprocessor (see instructions in your manual) which will reset all settings to factory default and require you to run AUTO SETUP again (although if you're going to rewire front speakers, do it before running AUTO SETUP again).

FYI, there's a Denon 2308 Owner's thread that you might want to check out as well.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 04-10-2011, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
JD,

Thank you for the help, I unplugged my optical cable, rewired the setup to use the LFE SW output putting the wires directly to my front speakers and reset my microprocessor. I had the wires going to the sub as I didn't have a cable when I originally set it up and had it slip my mind (this is my 4th and least used system -- last time I used it was in January for the World Series when I used the optical to get sound from my TV).

Unfortunately, same results . . . I even broke out the Denon setup microphone and it didn't recognize any sounds. Its just a white-noise sound constantly from every source.

I'll try to post this in the Denon user forum you suggested, but have little hope

Cheers!
Todd
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page