DENON AVR-591 Setting Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2011, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

Yes I am a newbie but aspiring audiophile. I have been enjoying my Denon 591 for the last few months. Here is the problem.

I did not have much luck with the Audessy set up so I have manually adjusted the settings and specifically the speaker levels to my liking on the PLC-II and multichannel settings. I then lock down the settings. However, very often I find that the speaker levels have re-set back to 0. This seems to happen after listening to a new blue ray/dvd.

Why is this happening? Any ideas? I do plan on auto calibrating later in the week now that I have some extra tips.

Thanks in advance!

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 09:44 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1987 Post(s)
Liked: 1749
If you are using a Quick Select button for a source, you must re-memorize the new channel level settings by pressing and holding the Quick Select for a few seconds.

For answers to more questions, join us in the Denon 591 Owner's thread.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks very much for the quick reply. Just wanted to clarify. So basically, I will push "1" (which is the quick access for the blue ray) on my receiver and then hold it down for a few seconds so that it memorizes the settings of PL-IIc ? Then push "2" which is sat/cbl so that it memorizes the multichannel settings?

Thanks -

Rob
Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1987 Post(s)
Liked: 1749
If you have different settings for each source, then yes, although the Quick Select buttons often cause more trouble when used as the AVR will remember those settings for the last Quick Select for other audio inputs as well. If it's not causing you any problems then feel free to use them.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 04-11-2011, 10:25 AM

Liked: 12
Are you pressing "enter" after doing all the settings or just return? Cause you have to press "enter" then return.

Your system is only as good as your weakest component.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, i was told by the Denon service folks that I should remap my matrix or game settings and customize them as a "blue ray" specific setting or "cable" specific setting. They basically said that these "templates" are not as susceptible to change from media input as the standard PL II C and multichannel input settings are. Not sure what that means.

Also, yeah, I have been hitting return and then enter after making changes to my settings. Just to clarify, the settings stay for a while (even after turning on/off the receiver) but after watching a movie, the settings "reset". Thanks

Tags
Denon Avr 591 Receiver