Pioneer VSX-1121 Owner's Thread - Page 111 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3301 of 3309 Old 08-19-2014, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Does anyone know the part# for Stand By board?
Can anyone share with the Service Manual for this receiver?

Thank you!

Last edited by vladc77; 08-19-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3309 Old 08-31-2014, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
"HDMI Through" message, surround sound issues

I am having issues where the receiver will only output stereo audio when I first power it up. It's almost like it doesn't recognize that I have a full surround sound speaker setup. I have tried going into the settings and playing around, but I can't seem to pin down the problem. I think it might be related to a message that shows on the front panel saying "hdmi through" when it first comes on. I have never noticed that message until the last few weeks. Once I have my TV and DirecTV box all powered up, if I then cycle the power on the VSX-1121, it will come back up in surround sound mode.

Anyone had a similar issue or have any thoughts?

Thanks!
post #3303 of 3309 Old 09-13-2014, 03:43 PM

Liked: 0
What terrible luck. So I had an Onkyo 606 powering my main setup, and it failed soon under warranty with a bad hdmi switch board. They replaced it with a 607, which I used for about a year. Then I put the 607 in my bedroom and bought this receiver for my main setup because (1) I assumed the Onkyo 607 hdmi board would probably fail prematurely too; (2) this unit had way more power; (3) I liked the airplay and other internet connection options; and (4) I assumed this would be a better long term receiver for my main setup.

Well, now less than 3 years later this unit had stopped working. It happened to stop working about an hour after I got new uverse service installed. I would think those might be related events, but literally all the guy did was swap out the cable boxes and I verified my entire system worked perfectly after it was installed. After about an hour or two after the cable guy left my entire system just stopped working. No video, even from the setup menu, and no audio, even from the tuner/radio.

I spent several hours checking connections and tweaking settings, and then finally did a hard reset of settings. I still couldn't get a shred of video or audio. Finally, I tried HMG and all I got was a flicker of video every 20 seconds or so. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts if these events might be related or any thoughts on whether the unit is worth further tinkering or not, or if it just needs to go in the trash. Thanks in advance.
post #3304 of 3309 Old 09-20-2014, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Any one else upgrade to IOS8 and now can't use the iPad or the iPhone iControlAV2 app? It just sits there and spins and says connecting but nothing happens
post #3305 of 3309 Old 09-21-2014, 09:39 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post
Any one else upgrade to IOS8 and now can't use the iPad or the iPhone iControlAV2 app? It just sits there and spins and says connecting but nothing happens
iControlAV2 works fine for me on my iPhone 5 with iOS 8. Suggest you delete it and reinstall.
post #3306 of 3309 Old 10-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yesterday, my TV and Receiver (Pioneer VSX1121) were working perfectly. Today, they both still turn on but nothing is displayed on the TV.

Sound will periodically come on but nothing on the screen. To test the TV, I plugged my AppleTV and connected to my TV - it works fine so I assume it's not the TV. To test the HDMI cable connecting the Receiver to the TV, I replaced it with a new one - so i'm pretty sure it's not the HDMI cable.

So my logical conclusion next is that it is the Receiver. Any ideas?! Is there something I should test? Or does it sound like it's shot?

Doesn't look like anyone has posted to this thread in a while but I'm holding out hope some nice soul will help me out! PLEASE!
post #3307 of 3309 Old 10-19-2014, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I would like to connect two single in-wall speaker to my Zone 2 output on VSX-1121-K in two different rooms. Is it possible to connect one speaker to the left speaker terminal on the receiver and the other one to the right speaker terminal and then set the receiver to send BOTH left and right audio into each terminal?

That way even though I only have one speaker in each room they would not be missing half the audio.

thanks
post #3308 of 3309 Old 11-24-2014, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I want to use wireless earphones with this receiver. I need an audio left and right output. Unless I cant read I can not find any.
Is there a way? I do not want to use the earphone jack because I need to leave the speakers on also.
post #3309 of 3309 Old 11-25-2014, 07:16 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDGR View Post

iControlAV2 works fine for me on my iPhone 5 with iOS 8. Suggest you delete it and reinstall.
My iPhone5 with iOS 8 mostly works with iControlAV2, but will sit and spin if I try to adjust the Bass or Dialogue...
maybe I'll try a reinstall tonight
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page