Old 06-25-2014, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
STR-DH520 showing update on display

Hi

I hope someone can help me.
I have had my Sony STR-DH520 for over a year and a couple of days ago it was displaying "update" and not outputting any audio or video.

I turned it off and disconnected all the speakers and the Hdmi cables and left it off overnight.
When I turn it on with nothing connected is still says "update" and then alternates to displaying "play.disc" and "update"

Any ideas?
It's useless right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2014, 09:13 AM

Unhappy

Hi.

I get this receiver, but the ARC not work.

Explain a little, I have a ps3 that can play 3D, and works well, the TV is an LG 3D, and one HDMI input is ARC.

I select the TV audio output ARC, but the receiver got no sound and no show the HDMI lights on the display as the manual says.

There are some settings to get the ARC.

The HDMI cable sends 3D signal, so you don think also the ARC or the cable may be the one causing the problem.

Thank You.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:57 AM

I really Hope someone can tell me how to fix this problem with my STR-DH520. It looks like the best place to get an answer.

I really only have 1 issue with my entire setup. I have a Sony Smart TV that I have the Receiver running to VIA 1 HDMI cable and using all the HDMI inputs in the back of the receiver to determine which device is displayed on the TV. HDMI Input DB/DVD is my BluRay Player, GAME is my Playstation 4, SAT/CATV is my DirectTV, Video is my Apple TV.

I have my PS4 Running to the Receiver through HDMI and then using the TV Optical for my Digital sound from the PS4. Works great.

The TV is plugged in to the SAT/CATV Optical (Digital Assignable) Input.
So, the TV, Obviously is not plugged in to the Receiver via HDMI. What I want to be able to do is hear what I am seeing on the SMART TV through the reciever using that Assignable Digital input. I attempt to use the A.Assign with AUDIO to hear the TV but all I ever get it to do is hear the PS4. The ONLY way I can hear what I am watching on the SMART TV Like if I fire up Netflix on the smart TV is to unplug the Digital from the PS4 input and plug the TV in to that spot.

I want both to be using the Digital input for the best sound but just cannot get the "Assignable" input to work or be assigned. I have read the manual over and over on page 51 how you are supposed to assign different sounds and how you can assign different Audio and Video and I just cannot get sound from this port to come through the amp.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or how to fix this issue?
Thanks.

Tags
Sony Strdh520 7 1 Channel 3d Av Receiver
Gear in this thread