Onkyo 876 volume limited? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-28-2011, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I apologize in advance if this question has already been answerd somewhere else. (i have searched trust me )
I have forever bin trying to figure out why my 876, doesnt allow me to go past 85 on the volume display, although you can clearly tell (buy the on screen graph) that it should go well into the hundreds.
I have already turned my volume limit off in the menu, and cannot seem to find an answer in the owners manual, or even on this vast expanse of knowledge called AVS.
Not that I feel I need to turn it up much past this point, but I hate seeing the word MAX when it looks like it should go further...
Thanks in advance, for I am sure there is someone who has encounterd this, and hopefully defeated this particular situation.

My first DIY project. A dual, dual opposed setup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Any speaker channel trim set to the boost position will reduce the master volume a like amount...
For example..
If the Center is set to +8dB then the master volume will be decreased by 8dB..

Just my $0.02...
post #3 of 5 Old 04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
ap1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile34 View Post

I apologize in advance if this question has already been answerd somewhere else. (i have searched trust me )
I have forever bin trying to figure out why my 876, doesnt allow me to go past 85 on the volume display, although you can clearly tell (buy the on screen graph) that it should go well into the hundreds.
I have already turned my volume limit off in the menu, and cannot seem to find an answer in the owners manual, or even on this vast expanse of knowledge called AVS.
Not that I feel I need to turn it up much past this point, but I hate seeing the word MAX when it looks like it should go further...
Thanks in advance, for I am sure there is someone who has encounterd this, and hopefully defeated this particular situation.

If you want sound of ONE source louder, you can change this source trim. Also numbers like 80 do not mean anything. Change volume setting to dB.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Trust me...your reciever wont go into "well into the hundreds" if you go into level menu take the largest number and max it out then increase all other speakers but keep same differential values (if they are down 4db just keep that same value) & you will get a bit more volume perhaps. If it still wont play loud enough get more efficient speakers.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I was not looking for more volume, just trying to figure out why the relative volume display was not looking correct.. Thanks so much for your guys input about the trim levels, definatly going to look into that when I get home. As for more effecient speakers, I like my paradigms just fine thanks...
Thanks so much again..

My first DIY project. A dual, dual opposed setup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page