New Onkyo receiver - multi-zone question - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new receiver and have narrowed my choices down to a few options:

Onkyo TX-NR609
Onkyo HT-RC360
Onkyo HT-RC270

I'm having a lot of trouble differentiating the features of these models. They might have small differences but on the whole they seem like they are pretty similar. Regardless, they all look good. My main needs are 7.1 (I think I'll probably just use 5.1 but this is just in case), ethernet, potential to control via iPhone/iOS device, 2 zones for audio.

Can someone tell me whether the following stuff can be done with these models (or Onkyo in general)?

Want to be able to play different sources of audio in both zones at the same time.

Related to the point above, a friend has an older Onkyo HT-RC160 and says that he can do the above but the audio in the second zone at any time has to be analog - even if it's the same as the audio playing in zone 1. Is this still the case??

Want the audio in the main zone to possibly be different from the video source that's showing on the TV. So worst case, I'd have audio source 1 in zone 1, audio source 2 in zone 2, and video from a completely different source in zone 1.

Does anyone have any recommendations on these models in terms of one being drastically better than another one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page