I just received a 2312 and have been tearing my hair out trying to get things configured. My video sources right now are definetely below the grade of this receiver, but they are next to be upgraded. As it stands right now, I have the TV (a toshiba LCD 32" I believe) and a very inexpensive Phillips DVD player.
I have the 2312 hooked up to the TV via a HDMI 1.4 cable. The DVD player is hooked up using R/W RCA cables for audio and a yellow RCA video cable. I have them hooked into the jacks marked for DVD (including the yellow cable going above the Blu Ray audio ins rather than being above the DVD audio ins).
I am getting no video signal to the TV. Audio is fine on the surround system being fed by the 2312, but no video to the screen. I was able to get the GUI on screen for a while, and now that has dissapeared as well. The GUI was showing when DVD was playing and when not playing, now not showing at all.
Here is a list of what I have done (not necessarily in this order):
- Checked HDMI and RCA cables to ensure properly connected
- Tried different RCA video cable. I have 4 RCA video cables and none of them resolved the issue
- Hooked DVD player up direct to TV. Works fine with RCA video cable attached to RCA audio cables
- Tried hooking DVD player up with component connections and modified "Input Source" settings to select those ports - no love
- Tried hooking up DVD player using coax digital port and modified the "Input Source" settings to select those ports - still no love
- Played with a multitude of combinations of ports plugged into and "Input Source" settings - nada
- Turned the upscaling on/off/on/off - zilch
- Adjusted the HDMI output settings, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, Off, etc - merde
- Removed HDMI 3 way splitter from line going into TV - zero change
- Shut down 2312, cut power supply for 20 minutes, turned it back on - same old same old
- Did processor reset - wast of time as I just had to enter back in all my other settings
- Retrieved axe from garage and threatened fancy electronic component - no effect
Obviously I am very frustrated. I will be getting a OPPO 93 next month which I am sure will work fine, but until then, I sure would like to be able to watch some video through this fancy piece of equipment. I would also like to get back the on screen GUI that I had for a while there, but it too now seems to be AWOL. The HDMI cable is more or less new, and I have verified it's fitness by hooking up a laptop to the TV with it, worked perfect.
What am I doing wrong here? Is there a configuration file someone can send me that will make it all good? I can easily change the other settings as I am becoming well versed at navigating the menus and love the browser based interface.
Any help greatly appreciated and sorry if I have missed a thread already discussing this or was not able to find it in the owners manual. If it is (t)here, I could not find it.