The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 279 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8341 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How does Denon compile their list of "Internet Radio" stations? Where is all material coming from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8342 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 10:48 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post

When watching 6.1 mixed BluRays, the "SB" light displays on my 3312CI even though I only have a 5.1 setup. Is there a way to disable the surround back channel so the AVR knows to send audio mixed to the surround back channel to my other speakers? I was watching Return of the Jedi on BluRay and it sounded like I was losing audio effects in some spots. I am concerned they are being sent to a SB channel that I do not have hooked up. I am bitstreaming the audio to the AVR and the "DTS-HD" is displayed on the AVR. Or, is this an issue with any 6.1 mix that you lose audio mixed to the SB channel when using a 5.1 setup? Thanks!

I asked this earlier but following up with another way to ask - is there a way to tell the 3312ci to downmix the surround back channel on 6.1 blurays to the other speakers when using a 5.1 setup, so that the "SB" on the front display does not turn on and i do not lose the audio intended for the surround back channel? Thanks!

Sharp LC-80LE844U
Denon AVR-3312CI
Denon DBT-1713UD
Toshiba HD-A35
Sony Playstation 3
Canton MOVIE150SIL
post #8343 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 11:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
the person who already answered you is correct....

you are not losing anything, and what you see on the display is what is being input to the avr...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #8344 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdawg View Post

How does Denon compile their list of "Internet Radio" stations? Where is all material coming from?

As mentioned under "Playing a Network Audio" in your user's manual, Denon uses the vTuner internet radio service (you can find their proprietary website at www.vtuner.com). If you haven't yet explored the available stations, just click on the vTuner link which appears for the first few seconds at the top right of the Net Audio operating screen in your web controller or go to www.radiodenon.com. Questions or comments can be submitted to their support team via e-mail at the help link on the RadioDenon website.
post #8345 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

It is my understanding that the left-side of the display shows audio channels in and the right-side shows what audio channels are being output. So, 6.1 on the left and 5.1 on the right means it is mixing the SB in. Batpig's guide does a great job of explaining the surround options and others can chime in with more specifics...

Ok thanks, answers my question.

Sharp LC-80LE844U
Denon AVR-3312CI
Denon DBT-1713UD
Toshiba HD-A35
Sony Playstation 3
Canton MOVIE150SIL
post #8346 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

the person who already answered you is correct....

you are not losing anything, and what you see on the display is what is being input to the avr...

Thanks!

Sharp LC-80LE844U
Denon AVR-3312CI
Denon DBT-1713UD
Toshiba HD-A35
Sony Playstation 3
Canton MOVIE150SIL
post #8347 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM

Hi Folks
I currently have just 2 sources plugged in to my 1912 - a media streamer via HDMI and a network cable. HDMI works flawlessly. Net/USB function used to work fine too. Today i noticed that when i press the Net/USB button, the receiver switches to this mode, but with no output to the monitor. I am able to control the receiver through the remote control on a browser on my laptop and listen to FLACs through DLNA, but my LCD stays blank - shows "no signal". This stays the same when i switch to web radio, Flickr, etc.
Any ideas what can be the issue?
Thanks, David
post #8348 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger77 View Post

I am glad to hear more positives about the 2112CI. After weighing other options, I am zeroing in on this. The only thing that's been off-putting, frankly, are the many posts in this thread regarding difficulties with networking and "netplaying" functions.

I am new to HT and wish to connect a number of legacy devices (with both composite and component output) through the AVR to a 50" Panasonic plasma that is 5 years old but has HDMI input and optical audio output. I would use the AVR for audio from Wii gaming, DVDs, Pandora, and my iTunes library via iPod or iPad.

I wish that with its XX12 models Denon was not attempting to "starve out" the legacy device world. But I think I am willing to make do with a couple of "direct to TV connections" of old legacy devices until these are replaced, probably within the next year or so (and perhaps get a Wii to HDMI adapter) in order to gain the newer and "forward-looking" capabilities of the 2112ci for the long haul, such as support for HDMI 3D, ARC, and multiple HDMI inputs.

In particular I like the support of streaming audio, and like the (hopefully) easy USB connectivity of Apple devices.

For me ther other serious contender is the Yamaha RX-V671, which adds a somewhat nicer GUI, front-panel HDMI input, additional Component input, etc. I read here that the YPAO sound set-up isn't quite as good, although I'm far from an audiophile.

Based on this, do you think the 2112CI is for me?

Thanks for "listening."

I can comment on the Apple usb connectivity, which is excellent, at least with my ipod touch and classic. With my 180gig classic connected to the front usb port, I can listen to my entire music collection, mostly classical, which I've converted to Apple Lossless. The entire library can be viewed and selected to play from the tv with using only the Denon remote control, or from my ipod touch with the Denon app. All album art, track listings, playlists, genre and artist listings also can be viewed on the tv screen and selected with the remote. Because the front usb connection is digital, there is no loss of audio quality. One thing missing I would like to see added to the tv graphical interface is a listing of remaining track time, not just elapsed track time. The Pioneer AVs have both. Hope this helps.
Mike
post #8349 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 12:58 PM

Sorry, I know similar questions have been asked but for other models and my remote doesn't have a button for letting me set individual levels.

2312 CI, with Bose satellites (I know they don't play well, but I'm not buying new speakers right now). Went thru Audessey set up more times than I care to. Volume level, particular in the center speaker is way too low.

I have gone through again and again, the menu items in the setting and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to simply set the volume up on one of my speakers at a time on this model? I have found how to output the Test Tone at higher levels but not how to turn the sound outputting from the speaker individually.

Is there an easy way to do this? I've tried turning Audessey setttings off, but I'm far to newbie/stupid to set the multi eq levels or whatever. Thanks.
post #8350 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by buras12 View Post

Hi Folks
I currently have just 2 sources plugged in to my 1912 - a media streamer via HDMI and a network cable. HDMI works flawlessly. Net/USB function used to work fine too. Today i noticed that when i press the Net/USB button, the receiver switches to this mode, but with no output to the monitor. I am able to control the receiver through the remote control on a browser on my laptop and listen to FLACs through DLNA, but my LCD stays blank - shows "no signal". This stays the same when i switch to web radio, Flickr, etc.
Any ideas what can be the issue?
Thanks, David

This is a known issue. Check out Post #8353 on this page. Also go to page 1 post #4 and scroll down to point 7.
post #8351 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsweingard View Post

Sorry, I know similar questions have been asked but for other models and my remote doesn't have a button for letting me set individual levels.

2312 CI, with Bose satellites (I know they don't play well, but I'm not buying new speakers right now). Went thru Audessey set up more times than I care to. Volume level, particular in the center speaker is way too low.

I have gone through again and again, the menu items in the setting and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to simply set the volume up on one of my speakers at a time on this model? I have found how to output the Test Tone at higher levels but not how to turn the sound outputting from the speaker individually.

Is there an easy way to do this? I've tried turning Audessey setttings off, but I'm far to newbie/stupid to set the multi eq levels or whatever. Thanks.

Try looking below the volume down button. Look for the ch/level button on your remote.

ADD: Make sure you hit the amp button first to engaged the amp remote codes.
post #8352 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:18 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochpa View Post

I can comment on the Apple usb connectivity, which is excellent, at least with my ipod touch and classic. With my 180gig classic connected to the front usb port, I can listen to my entire music collection, mostly classical, which I've converted to Apple Lossless. The entire library can be viewed and selected to play from the tv with using only the Denon remote control, or from my ipod touch with the Denon app. ... Hope this helps.
Mike

Mike, sounds great. Thanks for the comments. It sounds like you've not had any issues with the Net/USB mode display!

-- Greg
post #8353 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:22 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditrasetman View Post

Ok, Best buy is selling the 2112 on sale for the same price that I paid for the 1912! ...

I'm in the hunt for a good price on a 2112...including possibly a refurb.

I looked on the Best Buy site on the day of your post and did not find a sale. Do you know if it's still on and if so is there a link you could share?

Thanks.
post #8354 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spager View Post

This is a known issue. Check out Post #8353 on this page. Also go to page 1 post #4 and scroll down to point 7.

Spager, thanks a bunch for the response. I was just about to follow the instructions, but found that after i turned the receiver on, the GUI has worked.
Unfortunately, i cannot replace the unit because i took it out of the USA.
post #8355 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:29 PM

If you had to do it all over again, would you get the Denon 3312 or the Onkyo 809? If Denon, why besides Airplay (because I do not have wireless; everything connects by Ethernet).
post #8356 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:

I'm not JD and maybe Jd has some updated info but the best way to catch Denon's attention is to go online to Denon Support, register and log in and from there click on Ask A Question. Fill out the question and the Denon Teck support will create an incident report and get back to you usually within 2 business days.

Thanks for the response. Just for the record though I did exactly as you suggest on 1/14/12 and then again on 1/17/12 and I receive no response at all from Denon. Also, when I call customer lack of service, anyone that I have spoken with at Denon has been rude and arrogant and they treat you like you are doing them a disservice. They refuse to admit that there is a fundamental problem with their receiver while they patronize and speak to me in a condescending manner. Dealing with Denon is an exercise in mental masturbation.
post #8357 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

possibly be because it's not a fundamental problem with the receiver, otherwise everyone would be experiencing the issue, and given the number of users, it would have been exposed by now...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #8358 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccrmo View Post

Thanks for the response. Just for the record though I did exactly as you suggest on 1/14/12 and then again on 1/17/12 and I receive no response at all from Denon. Also, when I call customer lack of service, anyone that I have spoken with at Denon has been rude and arrogant and they treat you like you are doing them a disservice. They refuse to admit that there is a fundamental problem with their receiver while they patronize and speak to me in a condescending manner. Dealing with Denon is an exercise in mental masturbation.

I believe the customer Service is out sourced and I suggest you send Denon an e-mail describing the treatment and demand a resolution of this problem.

Did they confirm and send you an incident number stating that you will receive an answer to your question with in 2 business days on your 2 Ask A Question e-mails?
post #8359 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 01:57 PM

Hi

In addition to the denon 1712 I have a Bell Espress Vu 9200 receiver and a Panasonic Plasma TV. Things were working fine until today. I now can not get any sound on certain channels or anything g recorded on the PVR. When the 1712 shows ana stereo on the front display I get no sound.`Everything worked before today. What happened.
post #8360 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG_in_Bama View Post

If you had to do it all over again, would you get the Denon 3312 or the Onkyo 809? If Denon, why besides Airplay (because I do not have wireless; everything connects by Ethernet).

I would be interested in hearing people's opinion on this as well. One thing I read in Onkyo forum I believe JD posted was that Audyssey settings can only be saved to a pc with the denon models.

Ques how often would one have to do a network reset or something similar in which you would have to reload the Audyssey settings. If the settings on the Onkyo can not be saved does this mean you would have to run through the whole setup each and every time? That seems like it would be a major hassle
post #8361 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_37 View Post

Hi

In addition to the denon 1712 I have a Bell Espress Vu 9200 receiver and a Panasonic Plasma TV. Things were working fine until today. I now can not get any sound on certain channels or anything g recorded on the PVR. When the 1712 shows ana stereo on the front display I get no sound.`Everything worked before today. What happened.

Do you have Dolby Digital/PCM selected in the System Setup menue on your Bell receiver?

Also on the avr side in the Input Setup go to Input mode and Decode mode and make sure they are set to Auto.
post #8362 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:

I'm in the hunt for a good price on a 2112...including possibly a refurb.

I looked on the Best Buy site on the day of your post and did not find a sale. Do you know if it's still on and if so is there a link you could share?

Thanks.

I didn't see the sale price on the BB site either, but I walked in and the 2112ci was marked down $100.
post #8363 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 02:41 PM

Looking at getting the 3312 but have a quick question. With it having two HDMI outs can I have one TV hooked up to play audio through speakers hooked up to receiver and a secondary TV hooked up and play audio through internal TV speakers. I see an option for HDMI Audio pass through but wasn't sure if it was HDMI Out specific.
post #8364 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Do you have Dolby Digital/PCM selected in the System Setup menue on your Bell receiver?

Also on the avr side in the Input Setup go to Input mode and Decode mode and make sure they are set to Auto.

Yes the bell receiver is set to Dolby DigitalPCM. The 1712 in the input and decode mode is set to auto.

Cannot figure out why there is no sound when the input signal is ana stereo.
post #8365 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Mike, sounds great. Thanks for the comments. It sounds like you've not had any issues with the Net/USB mode display!

-- Greg

Greg,
Only issue so far is if I try to move too fast through lists with the up/down buttons, the avr will lock up. Easy to fix by unplugging the power cord for a few secs.
Mike
post #8366 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_37 View Post

Yes the bell receiver is set to Dolby DigitalPCM. The 1712 in the input and decode mode is set to auto.

Cannot figure out why there is no sound when the input signal is ana stereo.

Hi allan_37, does it video? Most likely a HDMI handshake ... try turning off tv, receiver and bell receiver. Cycle on in this order: tv, receiver and then bell receiver (give a few seconds in between).
post #8367 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi allan_37, does it video? Most likely a HDMI handshake ... try turning off tv, receiver and bell receiver. Cycle on in this order: tv, receiver and then bell receiver (give a few seconds in between).

yes I have video just no sound when input is ana stereo. what is a HDMI handshake. hould i still try cycling as you suggest
post #8368 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlor13 View Post

To. SCCRMO. REF: Internet radio, pandora Internet radio display (net/USB)

Here is my story sad but true. I also purchased 2112ci and actually had a friend of mine do the same. We all have the same problem with display. So after numerous calls to Denon I got no where they actually were surprised that anything was wrong. I don't believe that. Worst customer service responses I have ever heard. Anyway after reading this forums I decided to take both units back to a Denon authorized repair center 15 miles away. Both units went in on 12/28 and they said they knew the exact problem. Defective HDMI card. They replaced the cards in both units and we picked up the units on 1/20. Surprise the units are still not working properly. HDMI off as you stated can resolve it so far who knows? tomorrow when I turn the unit on it may be a different story. Denon has gotta know this is a problem and they are not responding. I can't return the unit. I can't afford to buy I new one. So I beg everyone who has this unit to report it to Denon and maybe they will come up with fix. Another option is if all of us could meet in front of Denon headquarters we could toss all the unit through there front windows.

After four xx12 avrs I feel your pain. I have just about two weeks left before my 30 day return is up on my 2112ci [ 4th avr with missing net/usb] and I don't have a clue on what to do. I was hoping it was just a firmware thing and had decided to just live with it until I read jd's post. 701.00 bucks and I would like the thing to working right. Four calls to Denon and they are no help what so ever. You would think they could ship me a tested working unit, they said they are aware of the issue but have no idea whats causing it and took down my phone no# and email and would call if they figued it out, So if anybody knows where I can order a WORKING 2112 from let me know.
post #8369 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 03:03 PM

Having trouble hooking up a playstation 2 to my Denon 1312. Can get audio to work, but video not showing up.

Would appreciate any advice to solve problem.
Thanks!
post #8370 of 19112 Old 01-22-2012, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs33 View Post

Having trouble hooking up a playstation 2 to my Denon 1312. Can get audio to work, but video not showing up.

Would appreciate any advice to solve problem.
Thanks!

Hi ebs33, ccotenj already responded to your other post. The 1312 can not convert analog video to HDMI out. Connect a yellow RCA cable from receiver "Monitor" out to tv.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page