The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
First ... 29  30  31 32  33  ... Last
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread
twarman17's Avatar twarman17 05:18 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh View Post

Received my 3312CI from ABT. Removed my Yamaha RX-V663 from the system, connected my devices and speakers to the 3312CI, and started Setup Wizard. Got to the part about Speaker Calibration and discovered that my 3312CI box had no setup mic! So, couldn't set up Audyssey, which is one of the things I bought it for. Called ABT and they said they'd try to order one for me. Then I went through my devices and the only ones that seem to play are DirecTV HR20 on SAT/CBL and PS3 on BD. Can't get video or audio from my other HR20, no matter which HDMI I use, or with another HDMI cable. Then, I connected the HDMI from the HR20 that did work to other HDMI inputs, but it wouldn't work on any of them. The 663 worked with all my devices and cables. Not enjoying my new 3312 much so far.

The set-up mic is hard to find in the packaging. It is actually in a white box that is part of the two large foam pieces that hold the receiver in place in the box. You probably overlooked it.

Edit: I see in a subsequent post you found it...

mjpearce023's Avatar mjpearce023 05:20 PM 06-08-2011
Seems like everybody is getting good deals on the 2112 and 3312. Anybody getting the 2312 or is everybody skipping up to the 3312? I don't see a need for HD radio or preamp outputs. I might want Audyssey DSX in the future but not sure yet. I saw the 3311 is finally on sale on Amazon but its still 300 more than I want to pay.
rangers's Avatar rangers 05:36 PM 06-08-2011
Another great deal on the 3312, glad I read this thread. Moving up from a 1911 (which I really like, just no preouts).
j.m.'s Avatar j.m. 05:46 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers View Post

Another great deal on the 3312, glad I read this thread. Moving up from a 1911 (which I really like, just no preouts).

What did you end up paying for the 3312 and from where did you order? Debating on already upgrading from my 3310 (with fixed network card)...
ArttyG12's Avatar ArttyG12 05:52 PM 06-08-2011
Hi guys, looooooong-time lurker. Just ordered the 2112 from EE, got the 420 price, plus got the extended warranty to bring it go 450, shipped. In case anyone is wondering, they quoted me the exact same price for the 1912, so I'd be surprised if this lasts.
TalkingRat's Avatar TalkingRat 06:07 PM 06-08-2011
Exciting thread here today. Mythlar, sorry others regarded your first couple posts with suspicion. And I am so glad you posted! My thought process was running like kyxapka's, I wanted MultiEQ XT, and the 1712 had what I needed, except for hassle-free firmware upgrades. But I think the 2112 has what I'll like, and it will give me growing room. My receivers are like pets, they live long past a reasonable life expectancy. I was going in circles, 1712 vs. 2112, vs. cheap-as-possible last year's 591, but once the $399 was confirmed as not a typo, I called and got my 2112ci at $399.99 and no shipping charges. Initially, best price was $499, but he checked for me and I appreciated that, because they were busy, and without that deal, I'd probably be getting a 591, without the joy. Tonight I get to order HDMI cables and banana plugs -- and thank you, jdsmoothie, for the banana link in the introductory info.

I probably have a week's wait, and I'll come back soon with the list of what I have to work with, for ideas in setup, and prioritizing what's on my wish list.

My bad local 'authorized dealer' experience is almost behind me. I went to look for last year's models. All the BS I got at the store was kinda amusing. I asked about the 2112, they won't be getting that one. [IMO, they are missing the boat, there.] I asked about the 1712, he said "There is no such thing as a 1712." When I said it was coming out a bit later, maybe this month, he scoffed (!) and said "All the new models are already out, and here they are, you are looking at all the new models, there are no more." ... pointing to the 3 (!) models he had. When I asked about selling price he tried to tell me MSRP was the competitive street prices, and to prove it, he went online... not to Denon, to Amazon (another authorized dealer), where he found prices all within $1 of MSRP, but refused to believe it was MSRP. He questioned my interest in MultiEQ XT and said "You don't need Audyssey, just use your ear." And for the subwoofer, "You don't need Audyssey for a subwoofer. It's just a single volume control, you are aware of that, aren't you? Just twist one dial, that's all there is to it." He claimed to be very familiar with the various levels of Audyssey, said "I've used all of them." It was double commission day for Onkyo, that's what he was pushing, and he wouldn't take no for an answer. Glad I can read up here before going to the store.
mariob33's Avatar mariob33 06:09 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
We'll look forward to a review on the difference between MultEQ and XT (although I know you've got XT 32 in your main room).

Will do.
joeyappleseed's Avatar joeyappleseed 06:10 PM 06-08-2011
I got in on the 2112CI as well. I saw it on slickdeals and ordered it. Shame, really, I'm changing receivers every week it seems.

First week: Onkyo TX-NR609 $399 from Frys
Second week: Denon AVR-891 for $383 from 6ave
This week: Denon AVR-2112CI for $399.99+19.99 shipping from EE. Should arrive by end of next week.

I still have to return the first two.
The Mad Scot's Avatar The Mad Scot 06:35 PM 06-08-2011
At that price, I had to bite as well. I'm running an 11-year old Sony STR-DB930, which has been a fantastic receiver and still works perfectly, but I think it's time to retire it.

Looking forward to some of the new features that have popped up over the last decade.

Thanks to everyone for the updates on the deal.
Mythlar's Avatar Mythlar 06:36 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

Exciting thread here today. Mythlar, sorry others regarded your first couple posts with suspicion. And I am so glad you posted!

No worries. When people called and couldn't get it I just figured I got lucky and can completely understand the suspicion. Regardless, I'm glad a bunch of people managed to get a good deal. I am guessing they will crack down shortly and stop offering it but at least some people made it in under the wire. Cheers and good listening to all who managed to score it today!

Personally I am still just stoked. Ordered a bunch of cables and a switch to get it all setup today. Now I just have to run 100' of Cat5e from upstairs to the living room....nice adventure for me I'm sure.

I'm sure I'll need help later from the group here when I'm getting things setup so I'm glad I was able to pay it forward today.

Best Regards,

-Mythlar
dave0holla's Avatar dave0holla 06:36 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0holla View Post

Jd,

this will be in the living room...not sure if you would consider the room med or large...17x16....i didnt realize the sub was only 80w...do you have a suggestion for a speaker system within the range or a little more.

Hey JD,

any thoughts?

i was able to get the 2112ci for the 399.99 plus shipping also.....YEAH!!
Mythlar's Avatar Mythlar 06:44 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

Exciting thread here today. Mythlar, sorry others regarded your first couple posts with suspicion. And I am so glad you posted! My thought process was running like kyxapka's, I wanted MultiEQ XT, and the 1712 had what I needed, except for hassle-free firmware upgrades. But I think the 2112 has what I'll like, and it will give me growing room. My receivers are like pets, they live long past a reasonable life expectancy. I was going in circles, 1712 vs. 2112, vs. cheap-as-possible last year's 591, but once the $399 was confirmed as not a typo, I called and got my 2112ci at $399.99 and no shipping charges. Initially, best price was $499, but he checked for me and I appreciated that, because they were busy, and without that deal, I'd probably be getting a 591, without the joy. Tonight I get to order HDMI cables and banana plugs -- and thank you, jdsmoothie, for the banana link in the introductory info.

I probably have a week's wait, and I'll come back soon with the list of what I have to work with, for ideas in setup, and prioritizing what's on my wish list.

My bad local 'authorized dealer' experience is almost behind me. I went to look for last year's models. All the BS I got at the store was kinda amusing. I asked about the 2112, they won't be getting that one. [IMO, they are missing the boat, there.] I asked about the 1712, he said "There is no such thing as a 1712." When I said it was coming out a bit later, maybe this month, he scoffed (!) and said "All the new models are already out, and here they are, you are looking at all the new models, there are no more." ... pointing to the 3 (!) models he had. When I asked about selling price he tried to tell me MSRP was the competitive street prices, and to prove it, he went online... not to Denon, to Amazon (another authorized dealer), where he found prices all within $1 of MSRP, but refused to believe it was MSRP. He questioned my interest in MultiEQ XT and said "You don't need Audyssey, just use your ear." And for the subwoofer, "You don't need Audyssey for a subwoofer. It's just a single volume control, you are aware of that, aren't you? Just twist one dial, that's all there is to it." He claimed to be very familiar with the various levels of Audyssey, said "I've used all of them." It was double commission day for Onkyo, that's what he was pushing, and he wouldn't take no for an answer. Glad I can read up here before going to the store.

Oh, also, EE has the 4 foot high speed 1.4 HDMI certified Monster cables (Monster - MCJHIUHDBR4) on sale for like $16 shipped. I thought that was pretty good so I picked up 4 of them as well to get my setup done.

-Mythlar
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 06:46 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0holla View Post

Hey JD,

any thoughts?

Sorry .. your post got lost ... you should be fine in that sized room although really depends on how loud you prefer to listen (average volume no issues). What speaker setup you get obviously depends on your budget. The setups you are considering should be fine. If however, you are planning on upgrading the speaker setup in a few years, you might want to just focus on the front speakers only (L/C/R) and a nicer sub and skip the side surrounds so you can get a better quality front sound stage immediately and then add the surrounds when you are able.
prvittal's Avatar prvittal 06:47 PM 06-08-2011
I also got 2112CI from EE for $399 + $18.99 shipping to CA. Was going to wait until the prices drop later this year but looks like this is one of the best deals available for a newer model.

I'll be hooking this to my Panasonic TC-P58V10, PS3, Dish 722, Boxee and Wii. Bought Energy CF-30 and CC-10 speakers for Front and Center. Was planning to use my old Bose speakers for the rear. Need a new Sub now... any suggestions? I heard BIC F12 is a very good sub.
la9ers's Avatar la9ers 06:49 PM 06-08-2011
I was able to get the 3312 from abt for 798 shipped to CA two days ago... I just have to wait because they are on back order.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 06:50 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythlar View Post

Oh, also, EE has the 4 foot high speed 1.4 HDMI certified Monster cables (Monster - MCJHIUHDBR4) on sale for like $16 shipped. I thought that was pretty good so I picked up 4 of them as well to get my setup done.

-Mythlar

Hate to tell you this ... but forum sponsors Monoprice and BlueJeans Cable both offer high quality HDMI cables for about $5 each. There's never a good reason to purchase Monster cables unless you simply like to spend money on over priced cables. Also, as has been pointed out several times before in this thread ... there is no difference between a "Hi speed" HDMI 1.3 cable and a "Hi Speed" HDMI 1.4 cable.
Iusteve's Avatar Iusteve 06:56 PM 06-08-2011
First off MUCH thanks to JD and Batpig for all their hard work in keeping this thread pumping along and keeping us lesser intelligent guys in tune with everything.

After MUCH back and forth waffling on MY part over the past few weeks on model #s and different manufacturers I FINALLY pulled the trigger on the 3312 from EE and I will say the price I got was EXTREMELY hard to pass up. It did take some haggling but was well worth it in the end. I will say that thanks to AVS the salesmen told me they had been "pounded" by orders ALL day long. He told me that they will more than likely get in some hot water with Denon over the prices that they are selling these units at today. But in my opinion I feel that what this gentlemen did in an economy like this where "toys" sometimes take a backseat to feeding your family will DEFINITELY cause me to put EE at the top of my "online places to shop list". Going above and beyond and making a customer happy is VERY important and will make me come back. Thanks to EE and thanks to you all here...........3312 en route to me!!
antbatt13's Avatar antbatt13 06:58 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

First off MUCH thanks to JD and Batpig for all their hard work in keeping this thread pumping along and supplying us lesser intelligent guys in tune with everything.

After MUCH back and forth waffling on MY part over the past few weeks on model #s and different manufacturers I FINALLY pulled the trigger on the 3312 from EE and I will say the price I got was EXTREMELY hard to pass up. It did take some haggling but was well worth it in the end. I will say that thanks to AVS the salesmen told me they had been "pounded" by orders ALL day long. He told me that they will more than likely get in some hot water with Denon over the prices that they are selling these units at today. But in my opinion I feel that what this gentlemen did in an economy like this where "toys" sometimes take a backseat to feeding your family will DEFINITELY cause me to put EE at the top of my "online places to shop list". Going above and beyond and making a customer happy is VERY important and will make me come back. Thanks to EE and thanks to you all here...........3312 en route to me!!

How much did you wind up getting it for?
Mythlar's Avatar Mythlar 06:58 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:

Hate to tell you this ... but forum sponsors Monoprice and BlueJeans Cable both offer high quality HDMI cables for about $5 each. There's never a good reason to purchase Monster cables unless you simply like to spend money on over priced cables. Also, as has been pointed out several times before in this thread ... there is no difference between a "Hi speed" HDMI 1.3 cable and a "Hi Speed" HDMI 1.4 cable.

Ouch! Well, thanks for letting me know. I'm a newbie in the av world. I went ahead and cancelled 2 of them (the other 2 already shipped with my 2112ci (yay! Tuesday delivery in Denver)) and will have to look up the other guys you mentioned here.

-Mythlar
kyxapka's Avatar kyxapka 06:59 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyappleseed View Post

I got in on the 2112CI as well. I saw it on slickdeals and ordered it. Shame, really, I'm changing receivers every week it seems.

First week: Onkyo TX-NR609 $399 from Frys
Second week: Denon AVR-891 for $383 from 6ave
This week: Denon AVR-2112CI for $399.99+19.99 shipping from EE. Should arrive by end of next week.

I still have to return the first two.

I wanted to go with Ohkyo from fry's too. But at the end opted out. My dad has onkyo and I find it cumbersome to operate. I also heard that they are running hot. Very hot. Since I do not have adequate ventilation for "very hot" components that was a deal breaker. I think onkyo uses the same processor. And obviously with HDMIs, CEC and ARC operation is simplified compare to components (that are thick like a thumb), optical, coaxial, composite, s-video and so on. But still, just personal experience with my dad's current onkyo kind of kept me from getting it. Who ever owns one, please do not take my words as onkyo is "bad". This is just my personal opinion not based on any scientific research. Plus I got attached to my 3803. It served me well.*
hecklerj01's Avatar hecklerj01 07:01 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:

Another low price website for cables is MyCableMart.com...haven't tried them yet, but if anyone has would like to get some feedback.
Johnny_Drama's Avatar Johnny_Drama 07:16 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecklerj01 View Post

Another low price website for cables is MyCableMart.com...haven't tried them yet, but if anyone has would like to get some feedback.

I live in the Minneapolis area and have ordered a number of times from them when I'm unwilling to wait for a shipment from Monoprice in CA. I ordered speaker wire and Cat5 cable from them, which appear to be of the same quality I would get from Monoprice, although slightly more expensive. Again, the only reason I've ordered from them in the past is strictly convenience (i.e. pick up from their warehouse same day).

I would expect their HDMI cables, etc to be of the same or similar quality to those at Monoprice.

-Drama
kyxapka's Avatar kyxapka 07:20 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythlar View Post

Ouch! Well, thanks for letting me know. I'm a newbie in the av world. I went ahead and cancelled 2 of them (the other 2 already shipped with my 2112ci (yay! Tuesday delivery in Denver)) and will have to look up the other guys you mentioned here.

-Mythlar

I used monoprice for my needs as well for speaker wires, connectors and other stuff. Did not use their HDMIs. I bought HDMIs from amazon. But now considering monoprice *for couple one and a half footers. I am tired of pile of wires tangled behind the tv stand. *
agent8's Avatar agent8 07:30 PM 06-08-2011
Well, I tried and tried and tried. The lowest they could go is $419 shiped. I had to pull the trigger. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Thanks for posting the info guys! Big step up from my 15 year old sony! WOOT!
Iusteve's Avatar Iusteve 07:32 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyxapka View Post

I used monoprice for my needs as well for speaker wires, connectors and other stuff. Did not use their HDMIs. I bought HDMIs from amazon. But now considering monoprice *for couple one and a half footers. I am tired of pile of wires tangled behind the tv stand. *

You will never have issues with Monoprice cables and will save a ton of cash in doing so.
flute's Avatar flute 07:36 PM 06-08-2011
Glad I checked the forum tonight!

I've been mulling the 2112 over and after seeing the $399 + $19 shipped deal over at Electronics expo I had to quickly smooth talk the wife who luckily was in a good mood to let me pull the trigger.

Jason at ext 152 answered over at EE and immediately ask if I'd see the price on the "internet" LOL. He almost sound exasperated about all the orders there getting for the Denon.

He was offering $30 for an extra 2 years of warranty but I figure if it ain't broke in 3 years its going to last awhile longer than that in my opinion.

Unfortunately I didn't ask how much longer this price will last but I imagine not to much longer if there running out of stock.
Iusteve's Avatar Iusteve 07:39 PM 06-08-2011
I was told by EE that the "new" pricing is already entered in their systems and the price will increase on or around June 12th. I asked (though about a different model)and the price was higher by $100 and will probably go a bit over that as well but we will see.
la9ers's Avatar la9ers 07:41 PM 06-08-2011
I've been going back and forward with abt and EE with the 3312 in pricing. is it worth waiting (back order) for 20.00? or pay an extra 20.00 EE has the unit in stock.
rangers's Avatar rangers 07:42 PM 06-08-2011
My 3312 was $820.99 after shipping costs from EE. I had preordered from a different site that had yet to have it in stock for 999. Canceled that and saved 180 due to this thread!
queequeg99's Avatar queequeg99 07:43 PM 06-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyxapka View Post

I don't want to derail this thread more than needed but the Monoprice hdmi cables are also excellent. I just bought a 35 foot cable (their thickest) to connect my 2112ci to my Benq W6000. That's a long run in any case but this faces the additional challenge of running in very close proximity to a huge number of electrical supply lines. There are about 20-25 12 gauge romex cables that pass within 1 foot of both sides of the hole the cable goes through. If there was ever an opportunity for interference, this is it.
Tags: Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
First ... 29  30  31 32  33  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop