The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 316 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9451 of 19112 Old 02-25-2012, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anyone aware of any HDMI handshake issues between the 2312ci and the TC-P60ST30 or other recent Panasonic Plasmas? I just got the 2312, which I love, but it has major HDMI handshake issues with my old Panasonic 50" plasma. I've tested it with another TV so I know it's not the receiver. The TV is about 7 years old and was one of their first models with HDMI so I'm not that surprised there are handshake issues.

I've been planning to get a new set with 1080P anyways, and this is the perfect excuse. I found a great deal locally on the Panasonic TC-P60ST30 and figured I would check on this thread before I pulled the trigger.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9452 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 03:06 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_freek View Post

Is anyone aware of any HDMI handshake issues between the 2312ci and the TC-P60ST30 or other recent Panasonic Plasmas? I just got the 2312, which I love, but it has major HDMI handshake issues with my old Panasonic 50" plasma. I've tested it with another TV so I know it's not the receiver. The TV is about 7 years old and was one of their first models with HDMI so I'm not that surprised there are handshake issues.

I've been planning to get a new set with 1080P anyways, and this is the perfect excuse. I found a great deal locally on the Panasonic TC-P60ST30 and figured I would check on this thread before I pulled the trigger.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Denon AVRs generally don't have issues with the newer TVs .. rather only some cable/sat boxes.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #9453 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

the only benefit of the Quick Select is that it takes a "snapshot" of your receiver memorizing all settings (like Audyssey setings, Input Mode, channel levels, master volume, etc) at the time of the snapshot. So if you want to be able to quickly recall a specific state(s), then it would be useful.

The Quick Select works very well with a Harmony remote that is activity based.

I have different settings for "Watch movie", "Listen to SACD", "Watch cable" and "Watch movie midnight" activities on my Harmony 900 remote.
post #9454 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 AM

First and foremost, thanks to all for this ever amazing thread, with oh so much help and knowledge. It has been amazing, yet overwhelming.

Just last night, I finally got my 2112 hooked up and running. It actually went pretty smooth, again, thanks to a little prework and research here. I have stumbled on one issue, which was with the "bd" hdmi input after hooking up my Panny DMP210. I was getting screen flickers and a little white noise. I first tried switching out the hdmi cable, with the same results. I then went to the "DVD" hdmi input, and still the same issues. Finally, I was able to remove the issue on the "Game 1" hdmi input.

My question is, are those two inputs bad? What are the chances they'll work correctly with another device? I'm still within my 30 day return window. Is this worth looking into a return? Thanks.
post #9455 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 07:24 AM

av-freek,

I'm using the Denon AVR-1712 with a Panasonic TC-P55GT30 and they play happily together.
post #9456 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedorf View Post

I have stumbled on one issue, which was with the "bd" hdmi input after hooking up my Panny DMP210. I was getting screen flickers and a little white noise. I first tried switching out the hdmi cable, with the same results. I then went to the "DVD" hdmi input, and still the same issues.

Hi jedorf, try going into BD player HDMI Setup menu and turn "Deep Color Output" to "off'".
post #9457 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 AM

I have a quick couple of questions about my AVR 1612. I have an old game i want to play (it runs fine on my modern computer). The problem is that I run both my video and audio through HDMI (from the video card) to my 1612 and then back to my LCD monitor. Apparently this old game has issues with the digital audio or something related as I get no sound whatsoever out of it. Now, if my 1612 can do what I want, maybe I can get around this. I have an integrated audio chipset on my motherboard that i use for the microphone. I took a standard 3.5mm to RCA cable and connected the front LR speakers to the video aux RCA connectors on the front of the 1612. But I can see no way to maintain the video.

Basically what I need is to be able to send my video/audio from my computer through the HDMI (currently going to HDMI 4) but be able to swap the audio out for the RCA connectors on the front when im playing this game and still leave the video coming from the HDMI. This would seem to be possible, I just don't know how to do it.

One other question as well, I have never been able to get the GUI to work on the LCD screen. It's never once passed the gui info to the monitor from the 1612. Am I doing something wrong? (this is completely unrelated to my game audio issue) Is it possible my LCD monitor (which has HDMI in) doesn't support something that is required for the GUI to work?
post #9458 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Analog audio inputs are NOT assignable, while the HDMI inputs ARE assignable, therefore "assign" HDMI4 to the V. Aux source and change the INPUT MODE for that source to "Analog" and you should be good to go. If the GUI doesn't show up for any source, then try resetting the microprocessor (p. 94).

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #9459 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 08:16 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedorf View Post

First and foremost, thanks to all for this ever amazing thread, with oh so much help and knowledge. It has been amazing, yet overwhelming.

Just last night, I finally got my 2112 hooked up and running. It actually went pretty smooth, again, thanks to a little prework and research here. I have stumbled on one issue, which was with the "bd" hdmi input after hooking up my Panny DMP210. I was getting screen flickers and a little white noise. I first tried switching out the hdmi cable, with the same results. I then went to the "DVD" hdmi input, and still the same issues. Finally, I was able to remove the issue on the "Game 1" hdmi input.

My question is, are those two inputs bad? What are the chances they'll work correctly with another device? I'm still within my 30 day return window. Is this worth looking into a return? Thanks.

Historically, the HDMI inputs have not been identical, although JChin's suggestion may very well resolve the issue for you.

post #9460 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
Analog audio inputs are NOT assignable, while the HDMI inputs ARE assignable, therefore "assign" HDMI4 to the V. Aux source and change the INPUT MODE for that source to "Analog" and you should be good to go. If the GUI doesn't show up for any source, then try resetting the microprocessor (p. 94).

Ok the assigning works, thanks! I'll just have to remember to switch it back after I'm done playing the game. After reading a bit more, it seems the GUI is displayed in 480i. I think that is problem. I doubt my 24" monitor works at 480i.
post #9461 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

I returned the Denon 2312ci, and the new one works fine with all of devices except for the Cable Box (willing to accept this as a known issue). Would buying a HDMI "Switcher" help? Otherwise i'm going with the optical cable.

I also had a issue with my WDTV where signal was fine until I started a Netflix movie, then it went to white/black flashing. A reboot fixed it but I have to look into The WDTV's settings.
post #9462 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spager View Post

You can have different volume levels (or the same) for different inputs using the Quick Select buttons. While you are on the input make the necessary changes that you prefer in your case have volume to -40 or what ever and then hold down the Quick Select button for a few seconds until memory appears on your screen and there you go. New settings when you press that particular Quick Select.

Thanks ! That's exactly what I wanted to do. So happy I asked here !
post #9463 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi jedorf, try going into BD player HDMI Setup menu and turn "Deep Color Output" to "off'".

Perfect, that worked. Thank you very much!
post #9464 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 PM

Hi all!

My setup is Denon 1712+Samsung 6 Series LCD TV with XBOX360, PS3 and Popcorn Hour A200 all connected via HDMI to receiver. Bought AVR in September 2011 and before last month everything was smooth. First I noticed problems when played one particular game on PS3 (Twisted Metal Demo) for whatever reason TV turned off when in the game - other games played just fine. So everytime I started the game and tried to enter the options menu - boom - TV is off. I turned off all HDMI controls in PS3 and in AVR, still same thing. Then probably a week ago while was watching PCH when resolution switched (say from 720p to 1080p) screen started blinking and the only way to fix it was to switch sources couple times. So I decided maybe PCH acts funny, but then yesterday I got same thing when playing PS3 - I played COD Black Ops - and in menu everything was fine but when round started - screen was blinking (or vice versa). Tried to power off the receiver and disconnect power cable for 10 minutes and also resetting microprocessor - still no luck. Also tried to switch cables to all inputs and tv hdmi ports as well.
Is there anything else I can do or send out unit to repair is the way to go? Also there is a service center close to me according to denon website, do I have to submit a ticket first or I can just schedule an appointment at service center and bring my unit and original receipt?

Thanks for replies.
post #9465 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Looking to upgrade the sound on my Panasonic plasma.

Just ordered B&W 685s and HTM62. After following this thread, it looks like 2112 would be the way to go.

The question is whether to buy now (assuming I can get a good deal on the 2112) or wait a month or two to see what the 2012 receivers will bring.

Of course, the new models probably won't be discounted right away or as much if at all.

Any sense on what changes might come to the midrange and whether they might be worth waiting for?
post #9466 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 01:36 PM

Why do i hear the radio tuner in the background on my Denon 2112 when
i am listinening to music or watching a movie this is when i pause the movie
or music on the CD/DVD

thanks in advance for your reply
post #9467 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALNiKO View Post

Hi all!

My setup is Denon 1712+Samsung 6 Series LCD TV with XBOX360, PS3 and Popcorn Hour A200 all connected via HDMI to receiver. Bought AVR in September 2011 and before last month everything was smooth. First I noticed problems when played one particular game on PS3 (Twisted Metal Demo) for whatever reason TV turned off when in the game - other games played just fine. So everytime I started the game and tried to enter the options menu - boom - TV is off. I turned off all HDMI controls in PS3 and in AVR, still same thing. Then probably a week ago while was watching PCH when resolution switched (say from 720p to 1080p) screen started blinking and the only way to fix it was to switch sources couple times. So I decided maybe PCH acts funny, but then yesterday I got same thing when playing PS3 - I played COD Black Ops - and in menu everything was fine but when round started - screen was blinking (or vice versa). Tried to power off the receiver and disconnect power cable for 10 minutes and also resetting microprocessor - still no luck. Also tried to switch cables to all inputs and tv hdmi ports as well.
Is there anything else I can do or send out unit to repair is the way to go? Also there is a service center close to me according to denon website, do I have to submit a ticket first or I can just schedule an appointment at service center and bring my unit and original receipt?

Thanks for replies.

Have you tested whether these issues occur when the sources are connected directly to the TV to rule out the TV being the issue?

post #9468 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 04:18 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

Looking to upgrade the sound on my Panasonic plasma.

Just ordered B&W 685s and HTM62. After following this thread, it looks like 2112 would be the way to go.

The question is whether to buy now (assuming I can get a good deal on the 2112) or wait a month or two to see what the 2012 receivers will bring.

Of course, the new models probably won't be discounted right away or as much if at all.

Any sense on what changes might come to the midrange and whether they might be worth waiting for?

The 2112CI has been discounted up to 30%+ or more by some authorized resellers including AV Science, Electronics Expo, and J&R ever since it was first released last summer. The new 2013 models will be announced in April and released starting May/June.

post #9469 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp0202 View Post

Why do i hear the radio tuner in the background on my Denon 2112 when
i am listinening to music or watching a movie this is when i pause the movie
or music on the CD/DVD

thanks in advance for your reply

This issue gets reported from time to time. Try resetting the microprocessor (p. 129) to see if that resolves the issue.

post #9470 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

JD: My new Denon is working fairly well. I ended up using an optical cable to connect my Cable box. I still get occasional snow flashing errors with the PS3 and WDTV. Switching inputs and back sometimes resolves the flashing issue so I guess I'll just do that.
post #9471 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 04:47 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Good to hear. Can't help you with the WDTV, but for the PS3, make sure the Deep Color Output is set to OFF to prevent issues that setting may cause.

post #9472 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks - Is that the only setting to look out for?
post #9473 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 04:56 PM

Hello all. I having an issue with my AVR 2112ci dropping the video signal fairly often. Was wondering if this is happening to other owners? Before explaining the issue, here is my current setup:
[list][*]2010 Samsung TV (with Anynet turned off)[*]Verison Fios DVR (Cisco model)[*]Denon AVR 2112ci[*]Samsund BlueRay (with Anynet turned off)[list]
*All connections are with high speed HDMI and are under ten foot in length.

The issue is that from time to time (twice in the last 7 days), I lose video signal. It happens especially when listening to Pandora through the Blueray. This occurs by the tv simply dropping the video and showing message "no signal. Check connections", but the audio is still playing? After this, I can not get the video to show again. Audio on Cablebox and BlueRay both work. I unplug all devices for 15 mins and try powering back up and then after about 30 mins of fussing, something finally clicks and the video signal is back? I have also tried reset the microprocessor to fix the issue. The process is cumbersone and frustrating to say the least.

I have had nothing but issues with this Denon unit dropping signals since purchase back in July. When it works properly, it is fantastic. But the above issue has become a burden. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone for reading.
post #9474 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 05:17 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Where did you purchase the HDMI cables from? Have you tried replacing them? You're likely looking at repair/replacement.

post #9475 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 06:06 PM
585-645-1006

^^
As the 1312 has no video chip installed, it's likely a TV format setting on the Fios/cable box that caused the issue.

post #9476 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Hi all,
After reading about Onkyo bad service/reliability issue, I have decided and bought the 3312 for my theater room. Thanks everyone who spent time answering my question. I have a friend working at Fry's and he was able to get me the 3312 with employee price of $733+tax. One of the bigger reason leading me to this decision is that the on-going support from this thread from everyone especially JD and Batpig. Now I just need to hurry up and finish my theater room. Thanks all.
LL
LL
post #9477 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I helped my brother install a 1912 Saturday.
No problems were encountered.
Many thanks to batpig for the excellent information in the beginning of the thread.
Since I have Pioneer this is my first experience with Denon and Auddessy(sp).
The auto cal seemed to work fine and we were pleased with the sound.
Hopefully there will be no issues with the unit.

Regards,
Charlie

post #9478 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 08:57 PM

Im using AVR 2312. Unable to airplay photos, videos and youtube from iphone/ipad. Isnt airplay supposed to stream photos, videos and youtube? I have no problem in streaming music from iphone/ipad/pc (itunes). Thank you.
post #9479 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 09:01 PM

^ Only audio is supported over Airplay on Denon AVRs.
post #9480 of 19112 Old 02-26-2012, 10:16 PM

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by var1abl3 View Post

^ Only audio is supported over Airplay on Denon AVRs.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page