First, I cannot thank batpig, jdsmoothie, and all the other helpful posters who've added to this thread. (For the record, yes, I've read through the first several posts and the links they point to.)
I've finally run the Audyssey setup for my 5.1 speakers using my 3312.
I have some questions.
- Does it matter what order I place the microphone for positions 2 through 7 during the test tones? (Main listening positioning needs to be number 1.) Or, can I just place the microphone "around" the MLP?
- After running setup, my fronts show a bottom of 40hz, the surrounds are 60 hz. My subwoofer is set to the highest frequency (150hz) on its backplate and the volume knob is at 12 o'clock. That yields a -7.5db adjustment to the subwoofer in Audyssey. I have made my fronts "small". Should I try to get the -7.5db closer to 0 to -3.5db?
- Should I use "LFE" or "LFE + Main"?
- What should "LPF for LFE" be set to? (And what does it do?)
- Crossover frequency should be "80hz". The manual states it should be -higher- for "small" speakers. Given their bottom of 40hz, does this apply to my settings? Should I keep Crossover frequency at 80hz?
Thanks for all the help!