Forum Jump: 

post #18451 of 19180 Old 09-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Even though three people have already supplied links I will also note that links to all manuals are on the FIRST POST of this thread wink.gif

You need to run Audyssey and calibrate your system.

sorry!!

what is audyssey? I'll look into this. What are the benefits of calibrating it and is it a significant difference from the on-board calibration through the Denon setup?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18452 of 19180 Old 09-06-2013, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
Audyssey IS the on board calibration software. Audyssey is the company that created the calibration program, Denon (and several other brands) license their calibration technology in addition to other software like Dynamic EQ. The calibration part is called MultEQ.

You plug in the mic and let the MultEQ software measure your speakers response and calibrate volume level, delays, and EQ for the whole system. Running MultEQ also unlocks the other Audyssey features Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #18453 of 19180 Old 09-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
I don't use any of the presets.
post #18454 of 19180 Old 09-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Audyssey IS the on board calibration software. Audyssey is the company that created the calibration program, Denon (and several other brands) license their calibration technology in addition to other software like Dynamic EQ. The calibration part is called MultEQ.

You plug in the mic and let the MultEQ software measure your speakers response and calibrate volume level, delays, and EQ for the whole system. Running MultEQ also unlocks the other Audyssey features Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume.

i got my denon as an open box... where can i get this mic and what else is needed to calibrate?
post #18455 of 19180 Old 09-06-2013, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

So I guess you did absolutely zero research before you bought this? There's a lot of info at the beginning of this thread, suggest you check it out.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #18456 of 19180 Old 09-07-2013, 01:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 1132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project H View Post

Quote:

You plug in the mic (locate it where you sit to listen) and let the MultEQ software measure your speakers response and calibrate volume level, delays, and EQ for the whole system. Running MultEQ also unlocks the other Audyssey features Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume.

i got my Denon as an open box... where can i get this mic

eBay comes to mind - less than $20.
Quote:
and what else is needed to calibrate?

The AVR, speakers, the user manual and at least average reading skills. ;-)

You can download the user manual from the Denon web site.
post #18457 of 19180 Old 09-07-2013, 01:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 446
A tri-pod, or BETTER yet, a MIC stand, as described in Audyssey FAQ, are also indispensable.

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
post #18458 of 19180 Old 09-07-2013, 08:17 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project H View Post

Do you all use the preset audio settings on the Denon for 'game' 'movie' or 'music'?

So the volume scale that I'm seeing is what you all experience as well. Calibrating my system will not change that or change the output, correct?

Thanks for the owners manual.

1. Select the surround mode you prefer for your specific listening experience desired.
2. Calibrating the setup using Audyssey will set movie "reference" level volume at 80 on the current volume scale you are using, with most users listening at the 50-70 range as I previously listed.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #18459 of 19180 Old 09-07-2013, 09:36 PM

Liked: 10
I currently have a Denon AVR-3312ci and I have been trying out all sorts of solutions for having digitized my collection of CD music for playback around the house..

SO, current questions that come to mind are:

1. Does the receiver allow playback of Hi Rez files (ie.. 96/24 or 192/24) in FLAC format without changing the resolution?

2. If the receiver does indeed allow this.. I am thinking of purchasing a music server (http://www.sonore.us/SOtM1.html) and connect that
to a usb dac (www.schitt.com) which would feed the receiver via analog RCA cable (in stereo) Files are currently stored on PC but looking to acquire
a Synology NAS system to consolidate all files that I share around the house.. Any flaws in the connections or products to accomplish this??

3. Any thoughts or should I move this conversation elsewhere??

Thanks as always for any and all advice

Don J
post #18460 of 19180 Old 09-08-2013, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, looking for some help here! I've got a 3312 that I finally got installed in a new home theater setup. I am using a fat PS3 for my Blue-Ray and over the air HDTV for cable. My question is--it doesn't matter what I'm watching, TV or Blue-Ray, the display only shows DTS NEO:6. How do I get my Dolby Digital, etc for HDTV and BlueRay? Thanks,

Dave
post #18461 of 19180 Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Dave, press the Movie button on your remote & repeat until you get the surround mode desired.

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
post #18462 of 19180 Old 09-08-2013, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Sancho, you have to dig deeper. If he's getting DTS Neo then he's almost certainly getting a STEREO input from the source. If he was getting 5.1 Dolby Digital or DTS that surround mode would never show up, so changing surround mode on the receiver isn't going to fix the root problem -- his SOURCES are sending the wrong audio signal.

You can confirm the input signal in the info screen of the web GUI or on the receiver GUI. I'm willing to bet you are only getting 2.0 PCM stereo input, so you need to reconfigure your sources for multichannel audio output.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #18463 of 19180 Old 09-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Liked: 11
I have a 3312 and I just bought a new Samsung Plasma (F8500). For some reason, I cannot get audio when using HDMI pass through. Before the 60F8500, I had a Panasonic VT60 which worked perfectly, and an older Toshiba LCD before the Panasonic which also had no issues with HDMI pass through. Now, I can't get audio no matter what I do. Any help or suggestions on where to start troubleshooting? I tried setting the source to set top box (HDMI 1) and HTPC (HDMI 2) and cannot get audio from either source. I already tried a different HDMI port on the TV too and no luck either. Thank you in advance.
post #18464 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 03:02 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedernd View Post

Hi, looking for some help here! I've got a 3312 that I finally got installed in a new home theater setup. I am using a fat PS3 for my Blue-Ray and over the air HDTV for cable. My question is--it doesn't matter what I'm watching, TV or Blue-Ray, the display only shows DTS NEO:6. How do I get my Dolby Digital, etc for HDTV and BlueRay? Thanks,

Dave

This is happening because you formerly had the PS3 connected to the TV which can only receive a stereo signal. As batpig suggests, you need to reset the PS3 (either manually or simply press/hold the Power button for a few seconds longer until you hear the multiple beeps) while connected to the 3312CI so the multi channel boxes on the PS3 get checked off.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #18465 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 03:04 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojkai View Post

I have a 3312 and I just bought a new Samsung Plasma (F8500). For some reason, I cannot get audio when using HDMI pass through. Before the 60F8500, I had a Panasonic VT60 which worked perfectly, and an older Toshiba LCD before the Panasonic which also had no issues with HDMI pass through. Now, I can't get audio no matter what I do. Any help or suggestions on where to start troubleshooting? I tried setting the source to set top box (HDMI 1) and HTPC (HDMI 2) and cannot get audio from either source. I already tried a different HDMI port on the TV too and no luck either. Thank you in advance.

Ensure HDMI Control is set to ON on the 3312CI. You may also have to set the source to stereo if it is not automatically doing so on it's own when using the HDMI Standby Pass through feature.

post #18466 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 05:39 AM

I have a Denon 1912 which has suddenly stopped detecting my HTPC (over HDMI). This is driving me insane and any help would be appreciated.
The receiver has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years. Only issue in that time has been the occasional edid issue with windows not detecting it coming out of sleep.

After updating my PC drivers, I lost the HDMI connection when connecting through the Denon (TV has a blue screen and says "no signal"). Not just a video issue, the PC doesn't detect the Denon as an audio device either.
If I connect the PC direct to the TV it works fine.

At first I figured it was a driver issue on the PC (uninstalled & reinstalled drivers including different versions, reinstalled windows - all no help).
I've also checked my cables and tested with other cables. It's not the cables.
Then I figured it was an issue with the Denon. I reset the microprocessor. Still nothing.
I've also tried other HDMI inputs. Nothing.
I've also tried a different PC (Intel and amd). No difference. I don't have any other HDMI devices.

TV can see the Denon OK (settings menu etc).
If I run Moninfo on the PC it can pick up the Denon EDID...but still no video or audio.

At this point I'm out of ideas. Anyone got any suggestions?
post #18467 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

This is happening because you formerly had the PS3 connected to the TV which can only receive a stereo signal. As batpig suggests, you need to reset the PS3 (either manually or simply press/hold the Power button for a few seconds longer until you hear the multiple beeps) while connected to the 3312CI so the multi channel boxes on the PS3 get checked off.

I had the PS3 hooked up to the receiver before, just had new speakers installed in a new house and hadn't had it hooked up for 6 months or so. It doesn't matter what mode of sound within movie that I use--for BlueRay or over the air HDTV, the receiver only shows 2 speakers on the left and 5 on the right and doesn't sound like Im getting true digital sound---if that makes sense.

Dave
post #18468 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 PM
585-645-1006

Regardless. Reset the PS3.

post #18469 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 02:45 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy782 View Post

I have a Denon 1912 which has suddenly stopped detecting my HTPC (over HDMI). This is driving me insane and any help would be appreciated.
The receiver has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years. Only issue in that time has been the occasional edid issue with windows not detecting it coming out of sleep.

After updating my PC drivers, I lost the HDMI connection when connecting through the Denon (TV has a blue screen and says "no signal"). Not just a video issue, the PC doesn't detect the Denon as an audio device either.
If I connect the PC direct to the TV it works fine.

At first I figured it was a driver issue on the PC (uninstalled & reinstalled drivers including different versions, reinstalled windows - all no help).
I've also checked my cables and tested with other cables. It's not the cables.
Then I figured it was an issue with the Denon. I reset the microprocessor. Still nothing.
I've also tried other HDMI inputs. Nothing.
I've also tried a different PC (Intel and amd). No difference. I don't have any other HDMI devices.

TV can see the Denon OK (settings menu etc).
If I run Moninfo on the PC it can pick up the Denon EDID...but still no video or audio.

At this point I'm out of ideas. Anyone got any suggestions?

The issue likely lies with the HTPC. If you have an HDMI switch/splitter, try placing it between the HTPC and the AVR.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#user_L12

post #18470 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 02:54 PM

Hello,
I have a 2312ci. My son just got a galaxy s4, now every time he walks in the house the receiver turns on.
I can shut the receiver off and it will usually stay off for a while but will randomly turn back on at some point during the night when he is home.
I first noticed a problem with the net/USB stopping when he came in the house. When this would occur I would not be able to use anything over the network or the iPod connected to the USB as long as his phone was connected to wifi. I reset the avr to reset the network ip address. But that did not help.
At some point it stopped causing problems with the net/USB, but now turns the receiver on randomly.
Has anyone else had this issue, I've seen problems with units shutting off but not turning on.
post #18471 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 03:23 PM
585-645-1006

^^
He must take some action on his phone for it to turn on. Try setting the Network Standby/IP Control setting to OFF whic h will prevent it from powering ON when in Standby.

post #18472 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedernd View Post

Quote:

I had the PS3 hooked up to the receiver before, just had new speakers installed in a new house and hadn't had it hooked up for 6 months or so. It doesn't matter what mode of sound within movie that I use--for BlueRay or over the air HDTV, the receiver only shows 2 speakers on the left and 5 on the right and doesn't sound like Im getting true digital sound---if that makes sense.

Dave

Did you not read my post above???? The problem is your SOURCES aren't configure properly, which is JD's point as well.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #18473 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:

Did you not read my post above???? The problem is your SOURCES aren't configure properly, which is JD's point as well.

Batpig, I did read your post and have been reading your website for years, AND have followed your fat PS3 settings to a T!!! I cannot get my over the air HDTV to show digital, and that's with a Panasonic ST60 television. Ill mess with the PS3 settings again, but they worked fine last time I had everything setup 6 months ago.

Dave
post #18474 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 PM

Well I did some messing around and got Over the Air HDTV to show up in Dolby Digital. I also got the Fat PS3 to show multi ch in, but I have some weird clipping sounds for higher frequencies. Testing the sound out on The Departed, I have to turn the receiver ridiculously high to get decent sound and the opening seen where they are at the academy shooting guns, the sound was clipping when they were shooting the guns. Any ideas???
post #18475 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The PS3 has it's own volume setting. Make sure it's not turned down.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #18476 of 19180 Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 PM

Liked: 12
Denon 3312
Can the headphone jack on the Denon 3312 drive 300-ohm headphones?
Like the Sennheiser HD600/HD650?
Can the Denon 3312 drive 600-Ohm headphones?
How is the sound quality over all, for headphones plugged into the Denon 3312?

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver

Infinity Beta 5.1

post #18477 of 19180 Old 09-10-2013, 03:23 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Likely yes to both, although owners of similar models generally find using an external pre-amp to be more beneficial.

post #18478 of 19180 Old 09-11-2013, 03:22 AM

Quote:

The issue likely lies with the HTPC. If you have an HDMI switch/splitter, try placing it between the HTPC and the AVR.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#user_L12

Thanks for the advice. Reinstalled windows and (very carefully) reinstalled drivers and it detected ok.
Perfect now (barring the insanely un-userfriendly remote app which I've given up on).
Thanks for maintaining a great thread. And thanks to bat pig for your website (yes, I donated)
post #18479 of 19180 Old 09-11-2013, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Center & Surround channels went out, again. Trying soft reset.

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

post #18480 of 19180 Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Looks like that may have fixed it AND

Load Completed
AV AMP is restarted automatically.

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page