The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 638 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #19111 of 19117 Old 07-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Helppppp denonx2000

Ok guys i got my denon x2000 2 weeks ago it was working perfectly and now for some reason it doesnt send out video on all the inputs allthough it sends out sound but no video at all this is on the game hdmi port help me please i got till august one till i return this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19112 of 19117 Old 07-09-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Have you tried:

1. Swapping HDMI cables?

2. Posting this in the correct thread for the Denon X Series?
post #19113 of 19117 Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wondering if I could get some advice on my Denon AVR-3312CI. I have been having issues with Airplay for several months now.

I purchased the receiver in late August 2011, so I should still be inside the warranty period. Airplay worked fine for a long time. I played music over Wi-Fi from my desktop several rooms over using the 2.4 GHz band. It worked ok with occasional periods where skipping would be worse. I later moved to a new home where my desktop is located only 1 room from my router, but using Ethernet long-term is still not an option. Experienced about the same performance with Airplay. After some time (can't remember exactly when), I noticed that the skipping was getting worse. I set up my desktop's NIC to work at the 5 GHz band (had been neglecting a driver issue) and Airplay immediately worked great. I remember having zero issues playing Lost in the Dream by The War on Drugs in April this year. My connection is stable at 300 Mbps or higher.

The last couple of months, Airplay has been virtually unusable. Any song that's remotely "loud" or uptempo causes the audio to drop out and come back in intermittently. It seems a little worse with higher bitrate songs, 320 kbps instead of a lower VBR, but generally occurs with all songs. Even with some old 128 kbps I have in my library.

Pandora works fine with 128 kbps songs. The same song that fails miserably over Airplay will have zero issues on Pandora. Streaming from the PC as a media server using the Denon's menu to navigate works 100% correctly all the time. However, Airplay is vastly superior when it works since I use iTunes to manage my music. I have to open Windows Media Player and allow its library to update in order to stream new music as a media server, and it's hit or miss in its accuracy at identifying new songs. Typically something up with the tags, just causes more headache. Plus, the interface is slow as hell and I lose the convenience of having iTunes update playcounts or gapless playback.

The receiver's firmware is up to date. Some troubleshooting I have tried, multiple times:
1. Using a different PC.
2. Use wired Ethernet.
3. DD-WRT firmware on router (Linksys E4200).
4. Flashing back to stock router firmware.
5. Soft reset of receiver (unplug 10 minutes).
6. Microprocessor reset of receiver.

Anyone else experience something like what seems to be slow degradation of Airplay performance? I can identify two different times it got noticeably worse: 2.4 GHz virtually unusable, then 5 GHz unusable. Tough for me to say if they were gradual or sudden dropoffs.

Should I try a warranty claim?

Last edited by cjressel; Yesterday at 03:05 PM.
post #19114 of 19117 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Denon AVR-2112CI Audio Issues

Hi, I'm sorry for my poor english.

I got a Denon AVR-2112CI set to 5.1, which is presenting problems with volume levels, specifically does not increase the volume or is fixed to a specific level and this can lower it completely and still remains in the previous volume; also if eg, pause the movie and I raise the volume to maximum few "clicks" are heard in some of the speakers. I tried reseting the microprocessor and disconnecting the avr for 10 minutes. Here are some videos to explain better:

Volume issues:

Clicks sounds:

no audio at all:

Please, any help.
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
post #19115 of 19117 Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Listened & watched all 3 on my Plasma & 3312.

I think the clicks are your amps cutting off.

Have had luck pressing down on the top/back of the AVR near the HDMI output.

Hear a click & the amps & sound return.
post #19116 of 19117 Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM

Sorry, but my english is no good. could explain it again.

The clicks comes from speakers.

I just did another test and does not emit any sound. I tried it with a PS3, Apple TV, and BD Player. After a reset the micro, sound from the movie being played (movie from BD Player) is fixed but not raise or lower, stays at a specific level.

It may be that the mainboard has been damaged? if that's the case, where could buy one?

Last edited by emegge; Yesterday at 08:06 PM.
post #19117 of 19117 Old Today, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjressel View Post
Wondering if I could get some advice on my Denon AVR-3312CI. I have been having issues with Airplay for several months now.

I purchased the receiver in late August 2011, so I should still be inside the warranty period. Airplay worked fine for a long time. I played music over Wi-Fi from my desktop several rooms over using the 2.4 GHz band. It worked ok with occasional periods where skipping would be worse. I later moved to a new home where my desktop is located only 1 room from my router, but using Ethernet long-term is still not an option. Experienced about the same performance with Airplay. After some time (can't remember exactly when), I noticed that the skipping was getting worse. I set up my desktop's NIC to work at the 5 GHz band (had been neglecting a driver issue) and Airplay immediately worked great. I remember having zero issues playing Lost in the Dream by The War on Drugs in April this year. My connection is stable at 300 Mbps or higher.

The last couple of months, Airplay has been virtually unusable. Any song that's remotely "loud" or uptempo causes the audio to drop out and come back in intermittently. It seems a little worse with higher bitrate songs, 320 kbps instead of a lower VBR, but generally occurs with all songs. Even with some old 128 kbps I have in my library.

Pandora works fine with 128 kbps songs. The same song that fails miserably over Airplay will have zero issues on Pandora. Streaming from the PC as a media server using the Denon's menu to navigate works 100% correctly all the time. However, Airplay is vastly superior when it works since I use iTunes to manage my music. I have to open Windows Media Player and allow its library to update in order to stream new music as a media server, and it's hit or miss in its accuracy at identifying new songs. Typically something up with the tags, just causes more headache. Plus, the interface is slow as hell and I lose the convenience of having iTunes update playcounts or gapless playback.

The receiver's firmware is up to date. Some troubleshooting I have tried, multiple times:
1. Using a different PC.
2. Use wired Ethernet.
3. DD-WRT firmware on router (Linksys E4200).
4. Flashing back to stock router firmware.
5. Soft reset of receiver (unplug 10 minutes).
6. Microprocessor reset of receiver.

Anyone else experience something like what seems to be slow degradation of Airplay performance? I can identify two different times it got noticeably worse: 2.4 GHz virtually unusable, then 5 GHz unusable. Tough for me to say if they were gradual or sudden dropoffs.

Should I try a warranty claim?

A warranty claim against your network setup perhaps....there's absolutely nothing in your post to suggest that the 3312 is at fault - and absolutely everything to suggest that the network (or the PC) is.

If you've managed to get the Denon attached via ethernet (since it doesn't have wireless in the first place...) then why is connecting the PC the same way not an option?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread