The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 638 - AVS Forum
First ... 636  637  638 639  640  ... Last
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread
MEGATURON's Avatar MEGATURON 10:54 PM 07-08-2014
Ok guys i got my denon x2000 2 weeks ago it was working perfectly and now for some reason it doesnt send out video on all the inputs allthough it sends out sound but no video at all this is on the game hdmi port help me please i got till august one till i return this

SanchoPanza's Avatar SanchoPanza 08:31 AM 07-09-2014
Have you tried:

1. Swapping HDMI cables?

2. Posting this in the correct thread for the Denon X Series?
cjressel's Avatar cjressel 03:45 PM 07-13-2014
Wondering if I could get some advice on my Denon AVR-3312CI. I have been having issues with Airplay for several months now.

I purchased the receiver in late August 2011, so I should still be inside the warranty period. Airplay worked fine for a long time. I played music over Wi-Fi from my desktop several rooms over using the 2.4 GHz band. It worked ok with occasional periods where skipping would be worse. I later moved to a new home where my desktop is located only 1 room from my router, but using Ethernet long-term is still not an option. Experienced about the same performance with Airplay. After some time (can't remember exactly when), I noticed that the skipping was getting worse. I set up my desktop's NIC to work at the 5 GHz band (had been neglecting a driver issue) and Airplay immediately worked great. I remember having zero issues playing Lost in the Dream by The War on Drugs in April this year. My connection is stable at 300 Mbps or higher.

The last couple of months, Airplay has been virtually unusable. Any song that's remotely "loud" or uptempo causes the audio to drop out and come back in intermittently. It seems a little worse with higher bitrate songs, 320 kbps instead of a lower VBR, but generally occurs with all songs. Even with some old 128 kbps I have in my library.

Pandora works fine with 128 kbps songs. The same song that fails miserably over Airplay will have zero issues on Pandora. Streaming from the PC as a media server using the Denon's menu to navigate works 100% correctly all the time. However, Airplay is vastly superior when it works since I use iTunes to manage my music. I have to open Windows Media Player and allow its library to update in order to stream new music as a media server, and it's hit or miss in its accuracy at identifying new songs. Typically something up with the tags, just causes more headache. Plus, the interface is slow as hell and I lose the convenience of having iTunes update playcounts or gapless playback.

The receiver's firmware is up to date. Some troubleshooting I have tried, multiple times:
1. Using a different PC.
2. Use wired Ethernet.
3. DD-WRT firmware on router (Linksys E4200).
4. Flashing back to stock router firmware.
5. Soft reset of receiver (unplug 10 minutes).
6. Microprocessor reset of receiver.

Anyone else experience something like what seems to be slow degradation of Airplay performance? I can identify two different times it got noticeably worse: 2.4 GHz virtually unusable, then 5 GHz unusable. Tough for me to say if they were gradual or sudden dropoffs.

Should I try a warranty claim?
emegge's Avatar emegge 07:24 PM 07-13-2014
Hi, I'm sorry for my poor english.

I got a Denon AVR-2112CI set to 5.1, which is presenting problems with volume levels, specifically does not increase the volume or is fixed to a specific level and this can lower it completely and still remains in the previous volume; also if eg, pause the movie and I raise the volume to maximum few "clicks" are heard in some of the speakers. I tried reseting the microprocessor and disconnecting the avr for 10 minutes. Here are some videos to explain better:

Volume issues:
You Tube

Clicks sounds:
You Tube

no audio at all:
You Tube

Please, any help.
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
SanchoPanza's Avatar SanchoPanza 08:39 PM 07-13-2014
Listened & watched all 3 on my Plasma & 3312.

I think the clicks are your amps cutting off.

Have had luck pressing down on the top/back of the AVR near the HDMI output.

Hear a click & the amps & sound return.
emegge's Avatar emegge 08:56 PM 07-13-2014
Sorry, but my english is no good. could explain it again.

The clicks comes from speakers.

I just did another test and does not emit any sound. I tried it with a PS3, Apple TV, and BD Player. After a reset the micro, sound from the movie being played (movie from BD Player) is fixed but not raise or lower, stays at a specific level.

It may be that the mainboard has been damaged? if that's the case, where could buy one?
ianfretwell's Avatar ianfretwell 05:48 AM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjressel View Post
Wondering if I could get some advice on my Denon AVR-3312CI. I have been having issues with Airplay for several months now.

I purchased the receiver in late August 2011, so I should still be inside the warranty period. Airplay worked fine for a long time. I played music over Wi-Fi from my desktop several rooms over using the 2.4 GHz band. It worked ok with occasional periods where skipping would be worse. I later moved to a new home where my desktop is located only 1 room from my router, but using Ethernet long-term is still not an option. Experienced about the same performance with Airplay. After some time (can't remember exactly when), I noticed that the skipping was getting worse. I set up my desktop's NIC to work at the 5 GHz band (had been neglecting a driver issue) and Airplay immediately worked great. I remember having zero issues playing Lost in the Dream by The War on Drugs in April this year. My connection is stable at 300 Mbps or higher.

The last couple of months, Airplay has been virtually unusable. Any song that's remotely "loud" or uptempo causes the audio to drop out and come back in intermittently. It seems a little worse with higher bitrate songs, 320 kbps instead of a lower VBR, but generally occurs with all songs. Even with some old 128 kbps I have in my library.

Pandora works fine with 128 kbps songs. The same song that fails miserably over Airplay will have zero issues on Pandora. Streaming from the PC as a media server using the Denon's menu to navigate works 100% correctly all the time. However, Airplay is vastly superior when it works since I use iTunes to manage my music. I have to open Windows Media Player and allow its library to update in order to stream new music as a media server, and it's hit or miss in its accuracy at identifying new songs. Typically something up with the tags, just causes more headache. Plus, the interface is slow as hell and I lose the convenience of having iTunes update playcounts or gapless playback.

The receiver's firmware is up to date. Some troubleshooting I have tried, multiple times:
1. Using a different PC.
2. Use wired Ethernet.
3. DD-WRT firmware on router (Linksys E4200).
4. Flashing back to stock router firmware.
5. Soft reset of receiver (unplug 10 minutes).
6. Microprocessor reset of receiver.

Anyone else experience something like what seems to be slow degradation of Airplay performance? I can identify two different times it got noticeably worse: 2.4 GHz virtually unusable, then 5 GHz unusable. Tough for me to say if they were gradual or sudden dropoffs.

Should I try a warranty claim?

A warranty claim against your network setup perhaps....there's absolutely nothing in your post to suggest that the 3312 is at fault - and absolutely everything to suggest that the network (or the PC) is.

If you've managed to get the Denon attached via ethernet (since it doesn't have wireless in the first place...) then why is connecting the PC the same way not an option?
avink's Avatar avink 04:43 AM 07-15-2014
The HDMI monitor-out on my 2312CI stopped working. The service center informed me that the HDMI board has gone bad. Which they informed that it can only be replaced and not repaired. It is not covered under warranty as I am using it outside US(I had carried it over to my home country). They don't have the board and if I want they will order it, which will cost me around $400 USD. Does anyone know if the HDMI board will cost me cheaper in US. I can ask my friends to carry it over. Also - I was wondering if there is a place/site which sells old spares/components etc.

The audio is working fine. So, if nothing works out, I am planning to feed video directly into my PJ using a HDMI switch for various components and route audio via optical into AVR.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 05:17 AM 07-15-2014
^^
You may want to check with the various Denon authorized parts distributors listed in the link below.

http://ca.denon.com/US/Support/Pages...tributors.aspx
Hamish G West 01:57 AM 07-17-2014
Hi guys,

I've been trolling through this thread and google for the last few days and can't find an answer anywhere.

Can my AVR 1912 play video from my HDMI to my TV, and at the same time play audio from composite audio through all of my speakers? I don't need the HDMI sound (wouldn't mind if a speaker or two stayed, but not important at all).

I thought this would logically be done with zones, but I can't get zone 2 to work because I'm a noob (or something more mysterious...)

Thanks guys!
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 04:15 AM 07-17-2014
^^
Yes it can. As long as the composite audio cable is plugged into the jack with the same name as the HDMI source name, you can change the INPUT MODE setting (p. 99 Owner's manual) to "Analog".
erikfromMichigan's Avatar erikfromMichigan 04:44 AM 07-17-2014
I have a 5.1 surround setup. Last night, for some strange reason, my AVR-1912 decided to get stuck in 2 channel and only process PCM audio. I've confirmed it's set to Direct and even tried it on Pure Direct but only PCM signal comes through and it's only on 2-channel. I'm using HDMI 1.4 everywhere and it worked fine just a few days ago and I hadn't changed anything so I don't think it's a cabling issue.

I've tried various sources and confirmed each was kicking out 5.1 audio but for some reason the receiver isn't cooperating. On the front of the receiver itself it will show the PCM icon, then below that the "DIG" but for whatever reason I just cant get it out of 2 channel and PCM audio.

I've also made sure the input sources were set to HDMI, Auto and have even tried to force it to "DTS" but when I do that, there's no sound at all and on the information for the signal it states "unknown". And, I've made sure all the speakers were enabled, etc. For the heck of it, I put it in multi channel stereo mode and when I do that, I do get sound out of the rear speakers but it isn't 5.1, just 2 channel still.

Has anyone encountered this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 05:21 AM 07-17-2014
^^
First off you generally never want to use either DIRECT or PURE DIRECT for normal listening. What happens if you press/hold the MOVIE or MUSIC buttons? Try a soft reset (unplug unit for 10 minutes). If still no joy, do a microprocessor reset (p. 125 Owner's manual).
erikfromMichigan's Avatar erikfromMichigan 05:46 PM 07-17-2014
^^

Arg, I feel like such an idiot. Usually the simplest answer is probably the right one? Turns out our 2-year old went a little button crazy with our U-Verse remote - and somehow reset the main box to defaults one of which happens to be STEREO for the audio instead of surround. So, switching that surroud and surprise - works great!

And on my media box, it was actually set to 2 channel but somehow out of rear speakers as well. I set that up for 5.1 through its menu system and all is well there.

Of course I didn't figure out any of this until after I did the soft and hard resets - and it was still stuck in that mode.

By the way, why wouldn't I usually want to use Direct mode? Just curious. Thanks again for your help!
batpig's Avatar batpig 06:24 PM 07-17-2014
Because Direct modes disable ALL digital processing -- no bass management, no Audyssey room EQ, no Dynamic EQ/Vol, etc.
Zoltrix's Avatar Zoltrix 11:27 PM 07-18-2014
Hi all,

I have attempted to update the firmware on my Denon AVR-3312 today. At the moment the display on the front of the unit states, "Sub updating 11min". It has been sitting on this same message for about an hour now. The 11min notification has not dropped or increased. Is it likely the firmware update has failed or locked up? What are my options? Should I leave it, or reset the unit?

Cheers,
Zolt
SanchoPanza's Avatar SanchoPanza 11:31 PM 07-18-2014
Some have had good results from letting it go overnight; ymmv.
Zoltrix's Avatar Zoltrix 11:34 PM 07-18-2014
You mean stop it and run it overnight? Or just leave it and see if it has progressed tomorrow? lol

In the past they have been fairly quick. Why would it now take so long to update?
SanchoPanza's Avatar SanchoPanza 11:46 PM 07-18-2014
Leave it overnight; don't know why, just know it has worked, for some.

Mine worked, rather quickly, for that update.

Are you wired?
Zoltrix's Avatar Zoltrix 12:09 AM 07-19-2014
Update has finished! So weird it took so long.

And yep the unit is on a wired connection.
SanchoPanza's Avatar SanchoPanza 12:10 AM 07-19-2014
^^^ Good, very good.
Zoltrix's Avatar Zoltrix 12:12 AM 07-19-2014
Thanks for the tips though SanchoPanza, it was a good idea to remain patient.

Another quick question. After an update, would you normally need to rerun the audio calibration, etc. Or are all settings normally intact?
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 12:52 AM 07-19-2014
^^
Nope. Audyssey calibration should remain in tact. Also note that posts #3-6 in this thread provide some very helpful tips to include post #6 which discusses letting the update go for several hours if necessary as well as listing what is in the firmware updates.
SanchoPanza's Avatar SanchoPanza 07:37 AM 07-19-2014
^^^^ There we have it! Thanks, jd.
caloyzki's Avatar caloyzki 09:15 PM 07-19-2014
is there any beneficial upgrade im getting from 2112ci ==> x2000? or basically the same in terms of sound? or is it worth it? thanks
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 07:21 AM 07-20-2014
^^
Sound quality should be the same, rather a front HDMI is added and Zone 2 pre-outs are "variable" such that volume can be controlled by the AVR remote or smartphone remote app (instead of on the Zone 2 amp as is required on the 2112CI). The new 2014 X2100W adds more features/inputs as well but no change in audio quality. You would need to upgrade to either the 2013 X4000 or 2014 X4100W for improved audio quality.

X2100W vs. 2112CI:
Built-in wireless and Bluetooth, 2 extra HDMI inputs (1 - front), 1 extra HDMI output (main zone), 1 extra optical input (but lost coax digital input), 1 extra Component video IN, 1 Component video OUT, HDMI 2.0 4k/60fps pass through on all HDMI inputs, ISF Certification (Day/Night), ECO mode (energy saving), 2nd sub pre-out, All Zone Stereo (passes main zone HDMI audio to Zone 2), Spotify Connect, TV Audio On/Off (defeats AVR switching to TV Audio source when using HDMI (ARC)), sectional mic stand, DSD and FLAC over USB and network
caloyzki's Avatar caloyzki 08:55 AM 07-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Sound quality should be the same, rather a front HDMI is added and Zone 2 pre-outs are "variable" such that volume can be controlled by the AVR remote or smartphone remote app (instead of on the Zone 2 amp as is required on the 2112CI). The new 2014 X2100W adds more features/inputs as well but no change in audio quality. You would need to upgrade to either the 2013 X4000 or 2014 X4100W for improved audio quality.

X2100W vs. 2112CI:
Built-in wireless and Bluetooth, 2 extra HDMI inputs (1 - front), 1 extra HDMI output (main zone), 1 extra optical input (but lost coax digital input), 1 extra Component video IN, 1 Component video OUT, HDMI 2.0 4k/60fps pass through on all HDMI inputs, ISF Certification (Day/Night), ECO mode (energy saving), 2nd sub pre-out, All Zone Stereo (passes main zone HDMI audio to Zone 2), Spotify Connect, TV Audio On/Off (defeats AVR switching to TV Audio source when using HDMI (ARC)), sectional mic stand, DSD and FLAC over USB and network
Wow. Thanks for the clarification. So I guess those features are not important for me. Maybe I will just wait until my tv dies so that I can upgrade to 2.0 hdmi.
m9610172's Avatar m9610172 12:33 PM 07-21-2014
I hear click sound intermittently and then either center channel or all other channels (except for from two) cut off. All channels come back in a few minutes.

I tried resetting microprocessor, checked/reconnected all the cables. No luck. It works with no problem even for a few days. But sometimes it happens one or twice a day. When it loses channels, they usually come back within 10 minutes. I don’t need to do anything. All the channels just come back with the same click sound. Front panel still shows all channels when it loses the channels.

Question is, is it worth bringing it to service center? It’s still within warranty period. But it happens very randomly and short period of time. They might not find anything. I’m very reluctant to bring it to service center after I experienced overheat problem last year (see below)

I had overheat problem last year but my local service center found nothing wrong. They tested it with two speakers connected at mild volume in a completely open space. I use 7 speakers and my receiver is in TV stand. Bummer. So I called Denon. All they told me was that 12” clearance is needed or to use a fan if the clearance is smaller. Bummer again. I had 5” clearance which I thought it should be fine but I had no choice. I’ve been using a fan since.

Any advice would be appreciated.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 01:06 PM 07-21-2014
^^
As you note, if the issue is not easily repeatable, there is little chance of the repair center being able to do something. Regardless, still worth contacting the service center you would send it to to get their take, as they might be able to just leave it constantly running overnight with a recording of the audio when it goes out ... or they may already be aware of the issue and simply do whatever has been done in the past to resolve it.
m9610172's Avatar m9610172 01:55 PM 07-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
As you note, if the issue is not easily repeatable, there is little chance of the repair center being able to do something. Regardless, still worth contacting the service center you would send it to to get their take, as they might be able to just leave it constantly running overnight with a recording of the audio when it goes out ... or they may already be aware of the issue and simply do whatever has been done in the past to resolve it.
Thank you Jdsmoothie for your comments.
Seeing your signature, I may just try resetting microprocess a few more times. I just tried it once. I don't know what's the story behind resetting 4-5 times but I'll try it.
Tags: Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
First ... 636  637  638 639  640  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop