Forum Jump: 

post #19201 of 19202 Old 08-31-2014, 02:58 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 1433
^^
Connections with Samsung TVs don't always work as expected. At the very least, you must also have the Samsung Anynet+ set to ON.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19202 of 19202 Old 08-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfwalter View Post
I've been having difficulties with getting my new Samsung TV UN55HU8550 to work with my Denon AVR-2112CI using ARC. My goal is to be able to have the sound of the Samsung Smart TV apps to go through my Denon receiver.

Right now I have a brand new high speed HDMI cable connected from HDMI 4 on the Samung TV to the monitor out of the Denon receiver. Both of these ports are labelled ARC. I have also enabled HDMI control on the Denon receiver. Which after doing this I was able to select "receiver" as the TV sound output via the Samsung speaker settings.

Here are the HDMI settings I have on the receiver:

Audio Lip Sync: On
HDMI Audio Out: AMP
HDMI Control: Yes
Standby Source: Last
P. Off Control: All

and my Samsung speaker settings:

TV Sound Output: Receiver

While using the volume up/down on the Samsung remote I see on screen next to the speaker icon "AVR-2112". So it seems like some part of the audio return control is working.

I have even tried unplugging all the the HDMI inputs I have going into the receiver (i.e. cable box, bluray, apple tv) with no luck.

Using an optical cable going from the tv to receiver and that seems to work. However I really would prefer to get the audio return control working.

Is there anything else I can try? Is there something else I need to set on the receiver? Do I need to set the input selector on the receiver to a particular one?

I thought this was going to be easy but after spending a few hours on it I almost ready to admit defeat. I wonder if the issue is with the denon receiver.

thanks for any help,
Should be working if you are getting the speaker icon.
Is your AVR on TV input? Make sure nothing is assigned to TV input also.

Samsung 65" HU8550 - TS01, Denon 3312 AVR, Cerwin Vega VE speakers x 7, DefTech ProSub 1000 x 2
WDTV Live, Roku 3, Amazon FireTV, LG BD390 Bluray, WiiU,
DishTV Hopper w/Sling, Self Made PC, AMD FX8350, 16GB Ram, LG 16x BD-RW
EVGA GTX-780 6GB SC, Gigabyte GTX-750Ti 2GB, 3840x2160@60Hz , Asus AC-68 Router
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, Samsung HD204Ui 2TB, 3 UPS's
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page