post #19261 of 19290 Old 10-05-2014, 03:34 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 1595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl1350 View Post
Hey guys, I have a Denon 3312 that shuts down as soon as it's powered on and continues to power on/off every 10 seconds or so. Sometimes I get lucky and it works fine. It's a 50/50 crapshoot and really frustrating when I want to watch a new Blu ray.

Appreciate any help guys, thank you.
Unplug everything from the AVR. If it still shuts down, it needs to be repaired.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19262 of 19290 Old 10-05-2014, 03:37 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis81 View Post
I hope this is not upthread but my question gets so many hits it is possilble, I have searched for a while and reviewed FAQ's at top.

I have a Denon 1912, it has been set up for a while. Then a few days ago I could not get the cable signal via HDMI to the TV. I thought it might be a handshake issue, or a cable issue. My cords are a total mess so I took the opportunity to get a bunch of shorter ones, affix the power strips to the wall of cabinet, etc.

My "Cable/Sat" HDMI I cannot get to work. I went through all the unplugging of power and HDMI cables (See FAQ's for handshake issues). I can get the cable box to play through the "Aux" HDMI port. THis is fine but I will have to reprogram my universal remote now for all it's functions.

So this port doesn't work with other devices. Those devices do work on other ports. So I guess the port is bad. Would resetting the microprocessor possible address this? I would rather not lose all those setting either, but if this makes my "Cable/Sat" HDMI work again I guess I will, rather than reprogram the remote.

Thanks
You may need to resort to cable (HDMI) ---> TV and cable (optical) ---> AVR if a microprocessor reset does not resolve the issue.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #19263 of 19290 Old 10-05-2014, 03:39 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamineg View Post
Thanks Bat and JD for keeping this thread so alive. It has a plethora of good info.

Question:

Is it possible in any way to have zone 3 (or zone 2) wirelessly connect to an external speaker using Bluetooth or home network?

using the 3312CI
Consider purchasing a Denon HEOS 3/5/7 and HEOS Link.
vitamineg likes this.

post #19264 of 19290 Old 10-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you for the quick reply. I'll contact Denon CS.

Everything has been unplugged as I just moved from Chicago to LA.

I do not have the original box, I bought as an open box buy from a large electronics store back in Chicago a couple years ago. Think Denon will still warranty it?

Last edited by Daryl1350; 10-05-2014 at 04:41 PM.
post #19265 of 19290 Old 10-06-2014, 05:43 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Shipping in the original box generally provides the best shipping protection, however, not required for warranty repair. As long as you purchased from an authorized Denon dealer and have the dated invoice that shows it is still within 3 years of the purchase date, you should be good to go. If outside of the 3 years, check with your credit card issuer as they may add a 4th year.

post #19266 of 19290 Old 10-08-2014, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello,

I read this guide and decided to make pre out. I have denon 1912.

I dont understand German at all))
http://www.computerbase.de/forum/sho...d.php?t=744801

This is my 1912, and is it correct?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141008_011.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	300722  
post #19267 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Hello all,
I think I have a bit of a problem with my 3312, and thesearch function didn’t bring up my specific issue.

On a very intermittent basis, my left front speaker is weak compared to the right. Just weak enough thatI think I have only ever noticed it while listening to music. I don’t know if I would be able to tell while watching a movie. I think the low end is fine, it is actually the mid and/or highs that are noticeable. When I turn it on and sit in the sweet spot,the image is toward the right speaker. That is how I can tell there is a problem.

When I first heard it I walked up to each front speaker and put my ear up to the tweeters and verified that the right was clearer/louder. When I had my ear up by the left speaker, I reached around and went to check that the banana plugs were in tight. Just by touching the banana plugs the full sound of the speaker came back. They were not loose, all I did was touch them.

I should point out I have NHT Absolute Towers and the speaker cable is monoprice 12 gauge with the gold monoprice banana plugs.

This has happened a few times now, but touching the banana plugs at the speaker no longer fixes the issue. If I go in the closet to access the back of the receiver, I push on the banana plug of the positive left front speaker andthe full sound comes back. The last time I tried, just touching didn’t work, I had to lightly push it towards the receiver. I pushed it hard enough where I was slightly flexing the board that the speaker jacks are mounted on.

I know all this isn’t terribly scientific. As it only happens intermittently, it is hard to go about this in a methodical way. For instance, if it happens again I will touch the negative banana plug on the back of the receiver instead of the positive.

Any thoughts on this? I’m thinking to take the back panel off the receiver and look for some obvious poor connection where I can reflow the solder, but honestly I’m just grasping at this point. I suppose it could be the speaker itself, but after this last time where I needed to apply a bit of pressure makes me think it is the 3312.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.

Last edited by Steve Kuester; 10-09-2014 at 06:50 AM.
post #19268 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 07:47 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Sounds like a loose internal connection although easy enough to swap the FL/FR speakers around to confirm not a speaker issue.

post #19269 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Just thinking about this a bit further...

Lets say I rule out the speaker and cannot find any connection problem inside the unit. Would I be able to use the Amp Assign speaker terminals and assign them to be the main L/R speakers?

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.
post #19270 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 893 Post(s)
Liked: 1422
Yes, you can change amp assign to "front A bi-amp" and it will send the same signal to the surr.back/assignable speaker terminals as what's going to the front L/R speaker terminals.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #19271 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 10:36 AM

Liked: 10
It's been a while since I've posted, but I've encountered an issue with audio configuration with my 3312 and AppleTV3.

Originally, I was using my AppleTV3 as an in-between device so that I can AirPlay audio to Zone 2 from my iPhone while the Main Zone plays from a separate digital source, with some occasional Netflix usage. Everything was fine and dandy because I was ok with 2.0 sound since the media was music going to Zone 2. Now fast forward to now, and I am using my AppleTV more now, for streaming content from ESPN, WWE Network, and HBO Go. My new 'issue' seems to stem from the 5.1 audio that HBO Go and Netflix utilize, and using Zone 2.

So here's my scenario:
  • AppleTV3 connected to 3312 via HDMI
  • AppleTV3 connected to 3312 via Optical cable
  • Denon config:
    - Input Mode = Auto
    - Decode Mode = PCM

The above input configuration worked as expected when I was ok with simple 2.0 audio from the AppleTV. Now that 5.1 audio has been introduced with certain channels/apps, whenever I try to stream from HBO Go that has 5.1 audio, I have video but no audio to either Main zone and Zone 2. I found that if I go back into the Input configuration and change the Decode Mode to Auto, I now receive the 5.1 sound to my Main Zone, but when I select 'Source' or 'AppleTV' as my Zone 2 inputs, I don't receive the audio to Zone 2.

Another example would be via my PS3 connection using the same connection types and Input settings as the AppleTV. On Sundays, I stream the NFL Sunday ticket via my PS3 with 5.1 audio on my Main Zone. At times, I've wanted to have my Main Zone play the NFL games on my TV with 5.1 audio through the 3312, and have Zone 2 play the same audio in the backyard while I do work or play with the kids and still be able to listen to the games. BUT, I don't receive any audio to Zone 2.

If memory serves correctly, Zone 2 can only receive 2.0 audio (without an additional amp). Is there a setting on the 3312 to force the Main Zone to receive its audio via the HDMI connection, and Zone 2 to receive its audio from the Optical cable? For example, if I'm streaming 5.1 sound to the Main Zone, can Zone 2 down-mix 5.1 audio to 2.0 and receive 2.0 audio from the same source without having to buy/install a converter?

I'm convinced it's an 'either or' situation. Either I receive the 5.1 audio to Main Zone and no audio to Zone 2, or I have to live with 2.0 audio to Main Zone and 2.0 audio to Zone 2 and not be able to listen to any 5.1 audio without having to go into the 3312 and change the settings each time (a huge no-no with the wife's ease of use for the system ).

I hope this makes sense and isn't confusing.

***Listing my HT gear in my signature on this board will make me feel like a puny, girlie man. Listen to me now but hear me later***
post #19272 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 10:44 AM

BATPIG! maybe you can help me out here, I purchased my denon x2000 about a month ago and it was spectacularly juicy but all of a sudden it does not send out video on all the inputs however sound gets sent but no video at all this is on the game hdmi port. I am have been pulling my hair out of my head and have moved on to pulling hair from all over my body. Please help Mi Amor????

Last edited by AchillesDenon; 10-09-2014 at 10:50 AM.
post #19273 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 893 Post(s)
Liked: 1422
Unfortuntely, the source itself must provide the 2.0 audio for Zone 2. It sounds like the ATV is outputting 5.1 on BOTH the HDMI and optical outputs, thus silence in Zone 2. So you'd have to change the source audio to stereo output for it to work.

I actually think the PS3 has a setting to force 2.0 PCM over the optical connection if the HDMI connection is in use, it's called "multi audio" or something. But the ATV may be screwed.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #19274 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 11:17 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchillesDenon View Post
BATPIG! maybe you can help me out here, I purchased my denon x2000 about a month ago and it was spectacularly juicy but all of a sudden it does not send out video on all the inputs however sound gets sent but no video at all this is on the game hdmi port. I am have been pulling my hair out of my head and have moved on to pulling hair from all over my body. Please help Mi Amor????
If the issue only presents on the GAME HDMI input, then that port could have gone bad for some reason. Have you tried other HDMI cables? You may also want to try doing an HDMI reset as well as noted in the correct Owner's thread for your X2000.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-faq.html#L11

post #19275 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 11:19 AM

post #19276 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Unfortuntely, the source itself must provide the 2.0 audio for Zone 2. It sounds like the ATV is outputting 5.1 on BOTH the HDMI and optical outputs, thus silence in Zone 2. So you'd have to change the source audio to stereo output for it to work.

I actually think the PS3 has a setting to force 2.0 PCM over the optical connection if the HDMI connection is in use, it's called "multi audio" or something. But the ATV may be screwed.
Thx Batpig, my suspicions confirmed.

I've toyed around with the PS3, and I know I can make that work if my kids stop messing with its settings. And instead of having to adjust the 3312's input settings for the ATV, I'll just go into its settings and turn DD off.

Thanks again

***Listing my HT gear in my signature on this board will make me feel like a puny, girlie man. Listen to me now but hear me later***
post #19277 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If the issue only presents on the GAME HDMI input, then that port could have gone bad for some reason. Have you tried other HDMI cables? You may also want to try doing an HDMI reset as well as noted in the correct Owner's thread for your X2000.
Thanks for the help jdsmoothie, unfortunately this didnt work. Any input BATPIG?
post #19278 of 19290 Old 10-09-2014, 08:27 PM

Hey everyone. All of a sudden the sounds in the center channel sound wayy to quiet. If I raise the center channel volume it doesn't sound right. I think it has to do with audtssey settings. What do you recommend? I have dynamic volume turned off ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #19279 of 19290 Old 10-10-2014, 12:06 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Set Dynamic Volume to ON.

post #19280 of 19290 Old 10-10-2014, 05:22 AM

And what about dynamic eq?

post #19281 of 19290 Old 10-10-2014, 05:24 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Set the Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset to 10db if it helps (beyond just using Dynamic Volume).

post #19282 of 19290 Old 10-10-2014, 05:26 AM

Ok will try that thanks! And keep dynamic eq on?

post #19283 of 19290 Old 10-10-2014, 05:38 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Correct.

post #19284 of 19290 Old 10-10-2014, 05:44 AM

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread

Lastly, what do you suggest for cinema DW and lfe settings? Thanks so much!

Last edited by ericuf; 10-10-2014 at 06:05 AM.
post #19285 of 19290 Old 10-10-2014, 06:10 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Factory defaults.

post #19286 of 19290 Old 10-10-2014, 06:10 AM

You are awesome thank you. I need to re-read manual it's been a few years!

post #19287 of 19290 Old 10-17-2014, 10:10 PM

Still having issues with center channel in video games. All options are as suggested in above few posts ...?

post #19288 of 19290 Old 10-17-2014, 10:15 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Is the center speaker angled up towards your ear height? If not, do so and run Audyssey again. Otherwise not much else you can do if you have Dyn EQ set to OFF and Dyn Volume set to ON and also don't prefer to simply boost the center channel volume. You may want to try swapping the FL or FR speaker with the center to see if maybe either the center channel amp has gone bad or perhaps the center speaker itself has gone bad.

post #19289 of 19290 Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hoping for some help with my settings.

I was messing around in my Uverse cable box settings because the volume seemed low. I was surprised to see that the unit was set to "stereo" output, rather than digital audio. With this setting, which i have used for a few months since setting up my Denon 1912, the Denon goes to PLII sound format for the cable output. I have thought this sounded fine but did turn up the center channel a bit to hear voices better.

I figured it must be better to have it set to digital audio output, and in doing so, the Denon goes to Dolby. I would think the Denon processing a digital signal (via HDMI) would sound better but it really didn't. On this setting, it seemed like almost all the volume was coming through the center channel and I could' t hear the surrounds much. I guess this may be because I turned the center channel up from the Audessy settings.

Is it crazy to leave the cable box on stereo output? I suppose I am used to it now. I don't want to spend 3 hours tinkering and rerunning audessey several times. With 3 kids at home, it is hard to find time to run it.

can anyone comment on what they would think the most standard and common way to set it up is?
post #19290 of 19290 Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
585-645-1006

^^
The standard/common setting would be to have the cable box pass Dolby Digital when available; however, no reason you cannot use DD PLII with stereo audio if that is what sounds best to you, after all, it is your setup.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page