The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 653 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #19561 of 19566 Old 04-13-2015, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am at loss here so I turn to you good people since your forum was highly recommended.

I have a basic AVR-1312 model which started making cracking noise (or whatever you call it) from all speakers. It already killed one that came with it (I bought the DHT-1312XP kit) and I don't know what is the source.

It is my AVR that is busted? I am asking here first because the authorized dealer is 400km from where I live. I can make a small video of it making the noise if it helps.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19562 of 19566 Old 04-13-2015, 01:20 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3586 Post(s)
Liked: 2150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatErikku View Post
I am at loss here so I turn to you good people since your forum was highly recommended.

I have a basic AVR-1312 model which started making cracking noise (or whatever you call it) from all speakers. It already killed one that came with it (I bought the DHT-1312XP kit) and I don't know what is the source.

It is my AVR that is busted? I am asking here first because the authorized dealer is 400km from where I live. I can make a small video of it making the noise if it helps.

Thanks.
If the noise is coming from all speakers, most likely the AVR is defective and will require repair, however, the 1312 only comes with a 2 year warranty (although not sure in your country) so would be out of warranty. If you haven't already, try resetting the microprocessor a few times (see post ##5 of this thread) and if that doesn't resolve the issue, consider purchasing a more current model which most likely will be networking capable.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #19563 of 19566 Old 04-15-2015, 04:22 PM
c3k

Liked: 10
Help!

Web access issue.

Some background. I've been VERY happy with my 3312ci. I've been using Zone 2 for my patio speakers, utilizing my smartphone or laptop to access the AVR via its fixed IP address. (I'm the original owner, since the spring of 2012. I'm very familiar with it, etc., etc.)

Occasionally, the menu "SOURCE" shows "Source". It looks like this: SOURCE Source (As opposed to SOURCE BD or SOURCE Net/USB or SOURCE Tuner)

When that happens, I am unable to choose which source to use. The entire area (item 10 in the manual, p. 80) is blank.

When that occurred, a simple page reload (or cycling the AVR remotely) would restore my sources. It no longer does that.

I am unable to see ANY sources other than the word "source". There is no sound. There is no menu option.

How do I get my web menu to look like the menu on page 80?

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited by c3k; 04-15-2015 at 04:27 PM.
post #19564 of 19566 Old 04-15-2015, 04:28 PM
585-645-1006

^^
When "Source" is selected, it means use the source selected to play in the main zone, however, that cannot be an HDMI source. Try doing a soft reset by unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes to see if that resolves your menu issue.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
post #19565 of 19566 Old Today, 07:10 AM

Liked: 10
I have a 3312 and after 4 years I am receiving the "please wait, connecting" message on the display. I have tried all the suggestions on this great forum, all to no avail. Is it possible to buy a new NIC card myself and change it? Anyone have a link to buy one on-line? Also, if I decide to replace my unit, any suggestions on what to get, stay with Denon, or are there other brands that I should consider? Looking for the same features and functions as the 3312. Thanks in advance.
post #19566 of 19566 Old Today, 07:46 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmstern View Post
I have a 3312 and after 4 years I am receiving the "please wait, connecting" message on the display. I have tried all the suggestions on this great forum, all to no avail. Is it possible to buy a new NIC card myself and change it? Anyone have a link to buy one on-line? Also, if I decide to replace my unit, any suggestions on what to get, stay with Denon, or are there other brands that I should consider? Looking for the same features and functions as the 3312. Thanks in advance.
Unlike on the older model AVRs, the NIC card is now part of the whole board. The X4000 uses the much more advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 and is on clearance, but does not include Atmos as does the newer X4100W.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread