The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 655 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #19621 of 19629 Old 05-24-2015, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
dual HDMI out problem

I'm having a problem with the dual HDMI monitor functionality, I hope someone can help. One output goes to an LCD flat screen, and the other to an Optoma projector. With the amp set to "Dual" outputs and both displays on, it works fine. But if I turn the flat screen (LCD) off, the projector loses it's signal. Occasionally the projector will flash a moment of video and the audio will work for a moment, but then it's all gone again. It seems as if the projector is searching for an input but can't lock on. Again, this is only when the other display (LCD) is turned off. When the LCD is on, they both work fine.

If I go into the menu and select either output 1 or 2 (I've tried switching them; 1 for projector, 2 for LCD, and vice versa) instead of dual, then the projector works fine. This is currently my only option for using the projector, which is a bit of a PITA.

suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19622 of 19629 Old 05-24-2015, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Wow the firmware update came out on March 4th and I just got prompted for it today? Wonder what took so long.

Dave
post #19623 of 19629 Old 05-24-2015, 06:02 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4032 Post(s)
Liked: 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcreech View Post
I'm having a problem with the dual HDMI monitor functionality, I hope someone can help. One output goes to an LCD flat screen, and the other to an Optoma projector. With the amp set to "Dual" outputs and both displays on, it works fine. But if I turn the flat screen (LCD) off, the projector loses it's signal. Occasionally the projector will flash a moment of video and the audio will work for a moment, but then it's all gone again. It seems as if the projector is searching for an input but can't lock on. Again, this is only when the other display (LCD) is turned off. When the LCD is on, they both work fine.

If I go into the menu and select either output 1 or 2 (I've tried switching them; 1 for projector, 2 for LCD, and vice versa) instead of dual, then the projector works fine. This is currently my only option for using the projector, which is a bit of a PITA.

suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

TC
Try powering on just the PJ, wait a few seconds, then the AVR, wait a few seconds, and the the source. Also try unplugging the power cord to the AVR for 10 minutes.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #19624 of 19629 Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Has anyone ever had their XX12 receiver repaired? Here is why I ask. The headphone jack on my unit is dying. I've verified it is the jack itself and not the headphones. Unfortunately I use my Denon a lot at night when the family is asleep so headphones are critical for me. I contacted Denon who sent me a list of approved repair facilities. None of which are in my city or even my state. So I assume to get something like this fixed I would have to mail the unit out. And since it weighs slightly less than a blue whale the shipping costs would be extreme. Not to mention not having a working AVR for weeks would be painful.

So I'm shopping for replacements. And I got to thinking, does anyone mail these things out for repairs? And if so did it cost a fortune and take a long time? It seems like if you are out of warranty this is a nightmare (and my unit is of course just out of warranty).

Just curious how others have dealt with this. Thanks.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #19625 of 19629 Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM
585-645-1006

^^
If the unit is still under warranty, it should only cost about $40 or less to ship it to the factory repair facility PanurgyOEM in NJ, with turn around time on average < 2 weeks from the date it's shipped. Denon pays the repair cost and return shipping as well. If the unit is out of warranty or not otherwise purchased from an authorized dealer, you're more likely better served investing in a 2014 model on clearance (eg. X2100W) or one of the newer 2015 models soon to be released.

Another option if you have an "X" series model with Zone 2 pre-outs and use a set of "wireless" headphones, is to plug the transmitter in to the Zone 2 pre-outs and also connect an analog cable from the source to the AVR in addition to the HDMI cable. Set Zone 2 to ON and to the source you want to listen to with the main zone muted.
JudgeSmails likes this.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more

Last edited by jdsmoothie; Yesterday at 12:43 PM.
post #19626 of 19629 Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone explain this?

I had a problem with my AVR-1912 yesterday that I eventually managed to fix, but I still don't know what happened. I'm hoping someone can enlighten me.

I muted the device. Later I tried to unmute it, but the sound never came back on. The mute icon would go on and off the screen when I pushed the remote, but no sound either way. I tried everything I knew how to do: checked the connections, powered the unit off and on, ascertained that there was no sound regardless of which source I used and whether I was using speakers or headphones.

Before looking for a repair service I decided to try doing a factory reset. In preparation I went through all the settings and wrote them down. Someone else set it up for me originally and I never knew what they all were. When I saw that there was a setting for level of muting, set to Full, I thought I'd try changing it to -40dB and see what happened. As soon as I did, the sound came back on (it wasn't even on Mute at that point). Then I changed it back to Full. Still working. Everything is fine now.

I'm posting this in part for the benefit of anyone else who might experience the same thing, but I'd also appreciate an explanation of what might have happened, if anyone has one. Thanks.
post #19627 of 19629 Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM
585-645-1006

^^
No explanation other than as these AVRs are microprocessors ... sometimes they just hiccup. In such instances, a soft reset (unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes) will generally resolve the issue.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #19628 of 19629 Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
No explanation other than as these AVRs are microprocessors ... sometimes they just hiccup. In such instances, a soft reset (unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes) will generally resolve the issue.
10 minutes? I didn't know that - I only did 10 seconds. Maybe that would have saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks.
post #19629 of 19629 Old Today, 01:22 PM

I have the Denon AVR-591. When I play a blu-ray disc with a dts-HD High Resolution audio track the AVR-591 on-screen display shows DTS-HD High Res. When I play blu-ray discs with dts-HD Master audio tracks all I see is DTS.

The blu-ray player is a Sony BDPS1200. Does this mean the player is not outputting Master Audio?

Before this I had a Sony BDPS500 that behaved exactly the same, but I know that player cannot output dts-HD Master Audio.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page