The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 655 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #19621 of 19623 Unread Today, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
dual HDMI out problem

I'm having a problem with the dual HDMI monitor functionality, I hope someone can help. One output goes to an LCD flat screen, and the other to an Optoma projector. With the amp set to "Dual" outputs and both displays on, it works fine. But if I turn the flat screen (LCD) off, the projector loses it's signal. Occasionally the projector will flash a moment of video and the audio will work for a moment, but then it's all gone again. It seems as if the projector is searching for an input but can't lock on. Again, this is only when the other display (LCD) is turned off. When the LCD is on, they both work fine.

If I go into the menu and select either output 1 or 2 (I've tried switching them; 1 for projector, 2 for LCD, and vice versa) instead of dual, then the projector works fine. This is currently my only option for using the projector, which is a bit of a PITA.

suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19622 of 19623 Unread Today, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow the firmware update came out on March 4th and I just got prompted for it today? Wonder what took so long.

Dave
post #19623 of 19623 Unread Today, 06:02 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 3979 Post(s)
Liked: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcreech View Post
I'm having a problem with the dual HDMI monitor functionality, I hope someone can help. One output goes to an LCD flat screen, and the other to an Optoma projector. With the amp set to "Dual" outputs and both displays on, it works fine. But if I turn the flat screen (LCD) off, the projector loses it's signal. Occasionally the projector will flash a moment of video and the audio will work for a moment, but then it's all gone again. It seems as if the projector is searching for an input but can't lock on. Again, this is only when the other display (LCD) is turned off. When the LCD is on, they both work fine.

If I go into the menu and select either output 1 or 2 (I've tried switching them; 1 for projector, 2 for LCD, and vice versa) instead of dual, then the projector works fine. This is currently my only option for using the projector, which is a bit of a PITA.

suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

TC
Try powering on just the PJ, wait a few seconds, then the AVR, wait a few seconds, and the the source. Also try unplugging the power cord to the AVR for 10 minutes.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page