The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 656 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2015, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi Gents,

I finally connected with the man who was selling the AVR-1612. He's been somewhat unreachable as his Daughter's graduation was this week and he just sold his house and needs to buy a small apartment or Condo quickly as there is a short possession duration. So we made arrangements for me to pick it up without testing it this afternoon as he was out looking at Real Estate.

Itried to turn it on, and simply, it doesn’t work. When you power it on itlights up for a second or so, but then before you hear any speaker relay lockin it powers off. Then it tries again. And again, etc. The whole time the greenlight around on /standby button is blinking. This goes on continuously until youunplug the unit or timely press the on /standby button. It does this withnothing connected to it , 2 speakers connected, 3, speakers or 5. One time itdid latch at random and I was able to play some music through it and an FMstation worked. But as soon as I connected an HDMI cable so I could startlooking at Menus on a monitor, it shut down again and now is back in the samemode.

I’vetried every combination (including resetting the microprocessor) but nothingmakes it work. It’s now well after midnight and I’m tired.

Whatshould I do next?

Thanks for the assist.

Regards,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2015, 02:15 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4411 Post(s)
Liked: 2371
^^
Return it and get your money back.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Old 06-28-2015, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked: 770
I sold my friend my older 2312 and he wants it for just a garage unit. What is the best way to set this unit for easy use for a novice user? He has no idea how to use it and just wants it for garage tunes and outside deck music. He has indoor and outdoor speakers, so how can I set it to run the out side speakers on a different set up? Can I amp assign it to the surrounds or can I set them to zone 2? I am actually a little confused myself. He said he want the outside speakers to not always be on. I have never used zone 2 or 3 or set two different sets of speakers so I am a bit lost myself. I have only ever set my Denons for home theater use only. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Reef
Old 06-28-2015, 04:06 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4411 Post(s)
Liked: 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I sold my friend my older 2312 and he wants it for just a garage unit. What is the best way to set this unit for easy use for a novice user? He has no idea how to use it and just wants it for garage tunes and outside deck music. He has indoor and outdoor speakers, so how can I set it to run the out side speakers on a different set up? Can I amp assign it to the surrounds or can I set them to zone 2? I am actually a little confused myself. He said he want the outside speakers to not always be on. I have never used zone 2 or 3 or set two different sets of speakers so I am a bit lost myself. I have only ever set my Denons for home theater use only. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Reef
First thing he should do is to reset the microprocessor (p. 144 Owner's manual). This will also reset AMP ASSIGN to the default of 5.1 + Zone 2 so he can connect his 2 outdoor speakers to the Surround Back speaker posts and pass any networking audio or external sources connected with an analog cable (in addition to HDMI if there is a garage TV).

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Old 06-29-2015, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
First thing he should do is to reset the microprocessor (p. 144 Owner's manual). This will also reset AMP ASSIGN to the default of 5.1 + Zone 2 so he can connect his 2 outdoor speakers to the Surround Back speaker posts and pass any networking audio or external sources connected with an analog cable (in addition to HDMI if there is a garage TV).
Thanks for the advise. I will reset it on my next visit.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Cool Going to the Recycler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Return it and get your money back.

That's where I'm headed. I did check out the repair costs and they exceed the cost for the AVR-1612.

I'll return it to him for Recycling.

Regards,

Jim
Old 06-30-2015, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Jim, let us know that that goes, please.

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver