The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 661 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #19801 of 19805 Old Today, 01:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 53,539
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5209 Post(s)
Liked: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm75 View Post
I have the denon avr-1912.. i've just got a new vizio uhd 4k tv to go with it.. however, i believe the spec on the 4k is hdmi 2.2.. does anyone know how this would translate when used in conjunction with the denon? I would have a ps4, xbox one a home theater pc (nvidia newer card) hooked up to the tv.. i wasnt sure if there is a real need to buy a receiver to pass 4k, or if the denon 1912 will do it just fine.. i'm thinking i might just need a few new hdmi cables depending on how the tv handles the hdmi 2.2 copy protection mechanism in conjunction with the receiver? Or perhaps if the 1912 had audio return ability that solves the switching issue..
Any thoughts?
Only a newer 2015 model will pass a 4k/HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 signal. If you choose to keep using the 1912 and not upgrade to a newer 2015 model, when the new 4k/HDCP 2.2 BDPs are released later this fall/early 2016, you'll need to purchase one that has dual HDMI outputs ... using one HDMI to pass the 4k/HDCP 2.2 video to the 4k TV and the other HDMI to pass the HD audio to the 1912.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
jdsmoothie is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19802 of 19805 Old Today, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
markm75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Only a newer 2015 model will pass a 4k/HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 signal. If you choose to keep using the 1912 and not upgrade to a newer 2015 model, when the new 4k/HDCP 2.2 BDPs are released later this fall/early 2016, you'll need to purchase one that has dual HDMI outputs ... using one HDMI to pass the 4k/HDCP 2.2 video to the 4k TV and the other HDMI to pass the HD audio to the 1912.
I assumed if i had a source that was hdmi 2.0/hdcp 2.2 i'd need the newer receiver.. but at least for me, that wont be a bdp player.. i'm guessing next generation xbox or maybe a video card in the htpc..?

So with the current xbox, ps4 (hdmi 1.4?) and even my gt 730 nvidia card in the htpc all of these should pass the signal in the existing denon for now? (i was thinking of moving to a yamaha for future proof but didnt see many that matched the new hdcp 2.2 and 7.1 channels ).

Tech, the Universe, and Everything:  http://tech-stew.com
Just Plane Crazy: http://flight-stew.com
markm75 is online now  
post #19803 of 19805 Old Today, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
doctorwizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 829
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm75 View Post
I assumed if i had a source that was hdmi 2.0/hdcp 2.2 i'd need the newer receiver.. but at least for me, that wont be a bdp player.. i'm guessing next generation xbox or maybe a video card in the htpc..?

So with the current xbox, ps4 (hdmi 1.4?) and even my gt 730 nvidia card in the htpc all of these should pass the signal in the existing denon for now? (i was thinking of moving to a yamaha for future proof but didnt see many that matched the new hdcp 2.2 and 7.1 channels ).
The 1912 will only pass 1080P/60hz for that PC.
You could connect that GT-730 directly to the TV with a DVI to HDMI cable. Then connect the HDMI from the GT-730 to the AVR for HD audio.
You will only get 30hz at 3840x2160 with the GT-730 which is very laggy. That card is pretty weak for 4K too. To get 60hz, you need a HDMI 2.0 GTX 900 series like the GTX-950.

Samsung 65" HU8550(TS01) w3500, Denon 3312, Cerwin Vega VE's x 7, DefTech Sub x3
TiVo Raomio OTA 3TB Lifetime, 3x TiVo Mini's, TiVo Stream, HD Homerun Ext, WDTV Live, Roku 3, FireTV
Winegard HD7697 Roof Antenna, RCA Preamp, Actiontec MOCA Adapter (ECB3500T01)
PC1: AMD FX8350, 16GB CL8, LG 16x BD-RW, EVGA GTX-980, GTX-750Ti, (2) 27" 2ndary Monitors
doctorwizz is online now  
post #19804 of 19805 Unread Today, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
markm75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
The 1912 will only pass 1080P/60hz for that PC.
You could connect that GT-730 directly to the TV with a DVI to HDMI cable. Then connect the HDMI from the GT-730 to the AVR for HD audio.
You will only get 30hz at 3840x2160 with the GT-730 which is very laggy. That card is pretty weak for 4K too. To get 60hz, you need a HDMI 2.0 GTX 900 series like the GTX-950.
Makes sense.. its hard finding newer 9xx low profile video cards though, for this htpc, which actually runs on an older motherboard which is only 2.0 pcie (p7h55-m Pro), so that might be a limiting factor for me, short of redoing the whole thing. Although it should be possible to run a newer 3.0 card in a 2.x pcie slot.

Tech, the Universe, and Everything:  http://tech-stew.com
Just Plane Crazy: http://flight-stew.com

Last edited by markm75; Today at 10:59 AM.
markm75 is online now  
post #19805 of 19805 Unread Today, 01:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 53,539
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5209 Post(s)
Liked: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm75 View Post
I assumed if i had a source that was hdmi 2.0/hdcp 2.2 i'd need the newer receiver.. but at least for me, that wont be a bdp player.. i'm guessing next generation xbox or maybe a video card in the htpc..?

So with the current xbox, ps4 (hdmi 1.4?) and even my gt 730 nvidia card in the htpc all of these should pass the signal in the existing denon for now? (i was thinking of moving to a yamaha for future proof but didnt see many that matched the new hdcp 2.2 and 7.1 channels ).
Again, all 2015 models of every brand will have at least a few HDCP 2.2 HDMI inputs.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
jdsmoothie is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off