The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 667 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 43Likes
post #19981 of 20001 Old 01-17-2016, 02:47 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7445 Post(s)
Liked: 3414
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamefox View Post
Trying to connect HP computer (Tower) Video/Audio to AVR-1712 using my new LG55EG9100 TV as a monitor and AVR-1712 and speakers for audio.
For video output from the HP computer I have (1) DVI-D and (1) VGA sockets.
I have a DVI-D to HDMI adapter.
My original plan was to plug DVI-D to HDMI adapter in the computer and plug the HDMI side into HDMI 6 in back of the 1712. The picture on the monitor (the LG 55EG9100) is terrific, but of course there's no audio. The "input assign" screen of the 1712 (I'm using V.Aux) says I'm using HDMI 6 (under HDMI) None (under Digital) and None(under Component).
My audio from the PC is running to the stereo audio plugs (RCA's) in the lower left hand quarter of the 1712. Because I have "None" under digital (of the input assign screen) I thought the reciever might send that audio. It doesn't. I think if the HDMI is being used, HDMI over rides everything else so that the receiver "expects" audio from the hdmi. Any other audio source will be ignored.
I explored the idea of scrapping the hdmi approach and using component video, except I can't convert a digital signal (the DVI-D from the computer) to analog component video. My last known option is to try using the vga video out from the computer and look for a vga to vid component adapter, but don't think it's worth it for the lesser quality PQ expected. Any ideas? Thanks so much for your time.

The factory default analog input names listed on the back panel of the 1712 are not assignable to another name as they are on newer models, so in order to use one of the rear panel analog inputs (eg. DVD), you also want to either use the corresponding HDMI factory default input (eg. DVD) or reassign the V.AUX HDMI input to the source name you want to use (eg. DVD). Once having done so, you will then need to change the INPUT MODE for the source name you choose to use (eg. DVD) to "Analog."

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sony, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19982 of 20001 Old 01-17-2016, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The factory default analog input names listed on the back panel of the 1712 are not assignable to another name as they are on newer models, so in order to use one of the rear panel analog inputs (eg. DVD), you also want to either use the corresponding HDMI factory default input (eg. DVD) or reassign the V.AUX HDMI input to the source name you want to use (eg. DVD). Once having done so, you will then need to change the INPUT MODE for the source name you choose to use (eg. DVD) to "Analog."
Thanks!
post #19983 of 20001 Old 01-19-2016, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!
Please tell me the fastest way to access "mServer" source.
I have DLNA server and few albums in flac.
When I select Net/USB source and type "Down/Up" to list options, there are no "mServer" option.
I can't access mServer from "Denon Remote App" and "DeRemote" too.

PS. I have 2312 model.

Thank You.
post #19984 of 20001 Old 01-23-2016, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A/B Speaker selection on 2312CI

Hi... I'm playing around with a 2312CI I just picked up. I used the Amp Assign in the setup menu to set up for A/B speakers but for the life of me I can't figure out how to switch between the A/B speakers. I don't see a button on the front panel nor anything in the menus.
post #19985 of 20001 Old 01-23-2016, 10:43 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by er824 View Post
A/B Speaker selection on 2312CI

Hi... I'm playing around with a 2312CI I just picked up. I used the Amp Assign in the setup menu to set up for A/B speakers but for the life of me I can't figure out how to switch between the A/B speakers. I don't see a button on the front panel nor anything in the menus.
The "button" was removed on the Denon remotes about 6 years ago, rather you must change the "Front Speaker Setup" setting in the menu (p. 105 Owner's manual).

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sony, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #19986 of 20001 Old 01-23-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
The "button" was removed on the Denon remotes about 6 years ago, rather you must change the "Front Speaker Setup" setting in the menu (p. 105 Owner's manual).
I can't find the 'Front Speaker Setup' option in the menu. I'm looking at System Setup->Speaker Setup and the choices I see in there are Amp Assign, Speaker Config, Bass Setting, Distance, Channel Level and Crossover Freq.

Could a wiring problem cause the option not to show up?
post #19987 of 20001 Old 01-24-2016, 05:14 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
I can't find the 'Front Speaker Setup' option in the menu. I'm looking at System Setup->Speaker Setup and the choices I see in there are Amp Assign, Speaker Config, Bass Setting, Distance, Channel Level and Crossover Freq.

Could a wiring problem cause the option not to show up?
If you refer to p. 105 as I suggested, you would note, that this setting is only available when AMP ASSIGN = "Front B."

------------

post #19988 of 20001 Old 01-24-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
If you refer to p. 105 as I suggested, you would note, that this setting is only available when AMP ASSIGN = "Front B."
Thanks for the vector in the manual. I did read pg 105 before my second post and I could of sworn I had amp assign on 'Front B' but apparently not, I still had it on zone 2.

Unfortunately, I'm still not getting sound out of the speakers. I couldn't get them to work with zone 2 either. They are on my deck and I'm starting to suspect the wires may have come lose from the binding posts on the speakers. I'll think I'll wait until spring or at least until its not 18 degrees out to investigate further.

Thanks again for the help...
post #19989 of 20001 Old 01-24-2016, 08:50 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Thanks for the vector in the manual. I did read pg 105 before my second post and I could of sworn I had amp assign on 'Front B' but apparently not, I still had it on zone 2.

Unfortunately, I'm still not getting sound out of the speakers. I couldn't get them to work with zone 2 either. They are on my deck and I'm starting to suspect the wires may have come lose from the binding posts on the speakers. I'll think I'll wait until spring or at least until its not 18 degrees out to investigate further.

Thanks again for the help...

I wouldn't either ...not at 18 degrees.

------------

post #19990 of 20001 Old 01-25-2016, 05:27 AM

XX12 and ARC problem with Sony TV

Hello,

I'm trying to get the ARC working with my Sony TV (KDL65X9000C) but no luck yet. Its not the TV as I tested it with Sony BD home theatre system and the ARC works fine. I ensured the HDMI control is set to ON and the audio is set to AMP and not TV.

I select the input as TV but the audio is not output to the speakers. Tried with an optical cable and this works fine.
post #19991 of 20001 Old 01-25-2016, 07:08 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unni Krishnan View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to get the ARC working with my Sony TV (KDL65X9000C) but no luck yet. Its not the TV as I tested it with Sony BD home theatre system and the ARC works fine. I ensured the HDMI control is set to ON and the audio is set to AMP and not TV.

I select the input as TV but the audio is not output to the speakers. Tried with an optical cable and this works fine.

HDMI(ARC) does not always work, requiring the use of the optical cable as a work around. On the SonyTV, BraviaSync must also be enabled as well as the TV audio set to "home theater" or "external speakers." Once set, power both TV and AVR off. Power on the TV, wait 5-10 seconds and then power on the AVR. If the connection has been made correctly, the AVR should automatically switch to "TV Audio" within a few seconds, otherwise, if not, continue using the optical cable.

------------

post #19992 of 20001 Old 01-25-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
HDMI(ARC) does not always work, requiring the use of the optical cable as a work around. On the SonyTV, BraviaSync must also be enabled as well as the TV audio set to "home theater" or "external speakers." Once set, power both TV and AVR off. Power on the TV, wait 5-10 seconds and then power on the AVR. If the connection has been made correctly, the AVR should automatically switch to "TV Audio" within a few seconds, otherwise, if not, continue using the optical cable.
The braviasync is set to ON and the speakers output set to "Audio System". So I know the settings are correct and don't think the problem is on the TV as it works with a Sony home theatre system. Is there a compatibility issue between Denon and Sony TV as I dont see the Dennon AVR in the Braviasync list - one of the menu settings.
post #19993 of 20001 Old 01-26-2016, 09:09 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unni Krishnan View Post
The braviasync is set to ON and the speakers output set to "Audio System". So I know the settings are correct and don't think the problem is on the TV as it works with a Sony home theatre system. Is there a compatibility issue between Denon and Sony TV as I dont see the Dennon AVR in the Braviasync list - one of the menu settings.
Possibly ... as I indicated, HDMI(ARC) in general is a problematic connection with all brands.

------------

post #19994 of 20001 Old 01-29-2016, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Aw, you can't run Auddessy via the web App? I'm disappointed. I have this hooked up to my PC, so I can't output the GUI. I just got the web app working and looked around, no auddessy setup in it. Also the way it changes config files is bad. Saving? Waiting 5 minutes for the new stuff to take effect? Yikes. Guess I'm better off ignoring the web GUI.

Last edited by Mkilbride; 01-29-2016 at 11:14 AM.
post #19995 of 20001 Old 02-01-2016, 01:24 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post
Aw, you can't run Auddessy via the web App? I'm disappointed. I have this hooked up to my PC, so I can't output the GUI. I just got the web app working and looked around, no auddessy setup in it. Also the way it changes config files is bad. Saving? Waiting 5 minutes for the new stuff to take effect? Yikes. Guess I'm better off ignoring the web GUI.
Why not just use the Denon remote?

------------

post #19996 of 20001 Old 02-01-2016, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I did, it's just more difficult having to use the on screen LED to navigate.
post #19997 of 20001 Old 02-02-2016, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Does the AVR-1912 passthrough 4k?

Thanks
post #19998 of 20001 Old 02-02-2016, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Liked: 2762
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninStang View Post
Hi,

Does the AVR-1912 passthrough 4k?

Thanks
No. Nominal support of 4K passthrough started a couple of generations after the xx12 models, however for REAL support of 4K content you need one of the 2016 models because you also need HDCP 2.2 copyright certification. The earlier models (e.g. AVR-S900W) with nominal 4K support would only work with unprotected 4K content (like a home video shot on 4K camcorder) but not any consumer content like UHD blu-ray.
49Merc likes this.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #19999 of 20001 Old Today, 03:38 PM

Liked: 10
Has anybody had any luck repairing their own AVR-1612 themselves? I recently acquired one from eBay for a decent price but after the first day of use the unit tripped itself over into protection mode and I have to reset the microprocessor after every time I use it. The seller has offered me a full refund which is awesome, but I'm still left with a somewhat functioning receiver. I was wondering if anyone had the same issue and was able to repair it themselves. The nearest repair center from me is probably 2 hours away and just not worth the headache of taking it there and back for repair. If I can identify the trouble part and replace it myself I think that'd be the ideal solution.
post #20000 of 20001 Unread Today, 06:46 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Hart View Post
Has anybody had any luck repairing their own AVR-1612 themselves? I recently acquired one from eBay for a decent price but after the first day of use the unit tripped itself over into protection mode and I have to reset the microprocessor after every time I use it. The seller has offered me a full refund which is awesome, but I'm still left with a somewhat functioning receiver. I was wondering if anyone had the same issue and was able to repair it themselves. The nearest repair center from me is probably 2 hours away and just not worth the headache of taking it there and back for repair. If I can identify the trouble part and replace it myself I think that'd be the ideal solution.
Just get your money back and upgrade to a newer model with no issues.

------------

post #20001 of 20001 Unread Today, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Hart View Post

The issue could be as simple as a loose connection inside. Just disconnect the power, and remove the cover using a Phillips Screwdriver. Then look for and carefully disconnect and re-connect (reseat) each multi-conductor connector, one at a time, you can find. This has worked for me...

Regards,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver