The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 670 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 53Likes

Old 09-19-2016, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaadams View Post
I also have a 2112-CI and the CEC has always flummoxed me. Are all your issues Apple TV & CEC related?

I haven't used any other features really. I turned it on the tv because it was required for ARC, and found it was turned on the denon as well. I'm more surprised I was able to send audio from the denon to the tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2016, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys. My AVR3312 main/HDMI board (european E2 model) died. Is there possibility to load E2 firmware to the US (E3 model) main/HDMI board?
Old 09-25-2016, 03:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12297 Post(s)
Liked: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by valandil1 View Post
Hi guys. My AVR3312 main/HDMI board (european E2 model) died. Is there possibility to load E2 firmware to the US (E3 model) main/HDMI board?
Not likely, but to what end?

Old 09-25-2016, 03:27 AM

Liked: 10
Hi,

I have an old one 1912.
What are my options to stream music from.. Tell me.

Internet radio is ok but is not realiable (stops for a few seconds every two songs; I have a perfect internet; might be Denons or sources problem).

1912 doesn't support spotify. I don't have iphone either. So airplay is not an option for me.

How do you stream music to 1912?
Old 09-25-2016, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
Hi,

I have an old one 1912.
What are my options to stream music from.. Tell me.

Internet radio is ok but is not realiable (stops for a few seconds every two songs; I have a perfect internet; might be Denons or sources problem).

1912 doesn't support spotify. I don't have iphone either. So airplay is not an option for me.

How do you stream music to 1912?
There are several Android apps that will use Airplay (eg. DoubleTwist). You also can use either Chromecast or Fire Stick.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Fire-T...s=chromecast+2
Old 09-25-2016, 04:13 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Not likely, but to what end?
Hi jd, thanks a lot for prompt response. I have opportunity to buy cheap one E3. My AVR is european model, a I live in Poland. It's a pitty...
Old 09-25-2016, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valandil1 View Post
Hi jd, thanks a lot for prompt response. I have opportunity to buy cheap one E3. My AVR is european model, a I live in Poland. It's a pitty...
Possibly could "brick" the E3 model. Better to just upgrade to a more current E2 model.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:23 AM

I have a 2112ci and last night I noticed my left surround was not outputting any audio, I tried the test tone and nothing came from it and I also swapped left and right surround and the problem stayed with the speaker terminal on the Denon.

I performed a processor reset with no change of output from my my left rear surround. Does anyone have any other recommendations on repairing? also has anyone sent the unit in for repair for such an occurrence and what was the cost?

The unit is about a year and a half out of warranty.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarton13 View Post
I have a 2112ci and last night I noticed my left surround was not outputting any audio, I tried the test tone and nothing came from it and I also swapped left and right surround and the problem stayed with the speaker terminal on the Denon.

I performed a processor reset with no change of output from my my left rear surround. Does anyone have any other recommendations on repairing? also has anyone sent the unit in for repair for such an occurrence and what was the cost?

The unit is about a year and a half out of warranty.
Try doing at least 4-5 resets in a row. If still no joy, check Denon's website for any authorized repair facilities in your local area or one that you would consider shipping to and call them and ask for a rough estimate on amp repair. Depending on cost, you may be better served instead simply purchasing a newer model ... with 4k/HDCP 2.2 and Atmos/DTS:X capability.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi all. I have an Xbox connected to my denon receiver. It is connected both with HDMI and with optical. Because of lag, I sometimes need to use the optical input. I'm wondering if there's a way to make the switch quicker than going into the menu of the denon and turning the optical input on or off when I want to change? Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The lag of switching inputs? Or are you talking about lip sync? For me lip sync and audio quality of my tivo through xb1 to my 2112 was hugely helped by switching the TiVo to PCM. The Xbox doesn't passthrough dolby well.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

------------------------------------
Old 10-20-2016, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
The lag of switching inputs? Or are you talking about lip sync? For me lip sync and audio quality of my tivo through xb1 to my 2112 was hugely helped by switching the TiVo to PCM. The Xbox doesn't passthrough dolby well.

I have a game called Rocksmith, where the xbox plugs into an electric guitar. If I use the "regular" HDMI audio (Xbox>Receiver w/HDMI), there is a lag. If I use the optical cable (Xbox>Receiver w/optical), there is no lag. But the sound is MUCH better when I use the HDMI cable ... So I'm wondering if there's an easy way to switch between the two of them, other than going into the "inputs" menu on the Denon and basically turning off the optical input
Old 11-09-2016, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hello friends.
I have a problem with my denon avr-1612. I have a pc connected with my denon to the hdmi 1 (bd) and out to my samsung js7200 4k tv.
My tv says -> "No Signal".
I tried connecting my pc directly with the tv, no problem at all. I tried several things, but without any luck.
I tried different cables, diferent inputs in the denon, diferent inputs in the tv and nothing.

It was working ok until I changed the TV. Now its not even working with the old TV.

Any idea ??

Thank you
Old 11-09-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquinf View Post
Hello friends.
I have a problem with my denon avr-1612. I have a pc connected with my denon to the hdmi 1 (bd) and out to my samsung js7200 4k tv.
My tv says -> "No Signal".
I tried connecting my pc directly with the tv, no problem at all. I tried several things, but without any luck.
I tried different cables, diferent inputs in the denon, diferent inputs in the tv and nothing.

It was working ok until I changed the TV. Now its not even working with the old TV.

Any idea ??

Thank you
Refer to post 3, Troubleshooting 11.l in this thread regarding connecting an HTPC.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pandora seems to have quit working for me on my 3312ci....has anyone else experienced the native Pandora app no longer working as of about 3 weeks ago?

***Listing my HT gear in my signature on this board will make me feel like a puny, girlie man. Listen to me now but hear me later***
Old 11-14-2016, 03:52 PM

Unable to logon to Pandora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru the Fu View Post
Pandora seems to have quit working for me on my 3312ci....has anyone else experienced the native Pandora app no longer working as of about 3 weeks ago?
Yup. As of Oct 24, Pandora changed their Security certificates which will require a firmware update on the 2010 - 2012 models, as firmware updates are already scheduled (or have been released on the 2013 - 2016 models).

Refer to the following link for the most up to date information as to when the firmware for your specific model is expected to be released.

http://denon.custhelp.com/app/answer...-using-pandora
Old 11-15-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Yup. As of Oct 24, Pandora changed their Security certificates which will require a firmware update on the 2010 - 2012 models, as firmware updates are already scheduled (or have been released on the 2013 - 2016 models).

Refer to the following link for the most up to date information as to when the firmware for your specific model is expected to be released.

http://denon.custhelp.com/app/answer...-using-pandora
Thanks for the quick info. Glad to know it's not just a problem local to me. And what do you know, the release date for my model (AVR3312ci) is "TBA"...yay me!

Glad you're still staying on top of this thread, it's been a while since I've visited.

***Listing my HT gear in my signature on this board will make me feel like a puny, girlie man. Listen to me now but hear me later***
Old 11-18-2016, 10:52 PM

AVR2312CI was returned from repair in March of 2014. I had not hooked back up because life got in the way. Pulled out today and all powers up fine, but no output to speakers, headphones or video. Tried the factory reset function, no love. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Cadillac1960

Yamaha TSR-7810
LG 47LM6400
Oppo BDP-93
HTPC w/ Asus MB, 8GB RAM, Kingston SSD drive, Radeon 5400 video card
Klipsch HD300 Compact 5.1 (Main Zone)
B&W 601's (in Zone 2)
Old 11-19-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac1960 View Post
AVR2312CI was returned from repair in March of 2014. I had not hooked back up because life got in the way. Pulled out today and all powers up fine, but no output to speakers, headphones or video. Tried the factory reset function, no love. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Cadillac1960
Try doing a few microprocessor resets in a row. If still no joy, even using a Test Tone, start looking for a more current model.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:53 AM

Thanks for the reply jdsmoothie. I will try the multiple resets in a row. Have already started looking at new models, but I HATE throwing **** like this away. I think I payed around $600 for it, and in my world, a piece like that should last 10 years. Then again, my uncle who turned me on to the audiophile scene 35 years ago has always told me that he considers receivers disposable. I think I am going for a $300 dollar model if this is all I can get out of them. After all, this one was literally only used 2 years and even then, had to have warranty work. And maybe the one they sent back did not even work (it is not the original but a refurbished instead). I should have tested it as soon as I received it. Live and learn.

FYI, I have plugged my oppo BD-93 (which I know for certain is working because I can hdmi it into tv and it plays fine) into the 2312CI with both HDMI and RCA cables in multipls hdmi and RCA ports, no love through speakers or headphones.

Anyway, blah blah blah. Thanks again for the quick post. If anyone else has any other thoughts, please chime in.

Cheers~
Cadillac1960

Yamaha TSR-7810
LG 47LM6400
Oppo BDP-93
HTPC w/ Asus MB, 8GB RAM, Kingston SSD drive, Radeon 5400 video card
Klipsch HD300 Compact 5.1 (Main Zone)
B&W 601's (in Zone 2)
Old 11-24-2016, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I have a Denon AVR-2112CI and I just bought an Epson 5040UB projector. I also have a Sony BDP-S5200 bluray player. The projector is supposed to have 4K Enhancement and HDR. I want to get the most out of the new projector. Can I do this with the Denon model I have? I have read that to be able to have HDR the projector and AVR need to support HDMI 2.0a. I'm pretty sure my Sony Blu-ray will not play HDR.

I've also read that there is generic HDR10 and Dolby Vision content available. I have Netflix and Amazon Video which are both supposed to have some of this content.

Finally, if I can play Ultra 4K HDR streaming content through the Denon AVR, how can I know that it is successfully working?

Thanks,

Hal
Old 11-24-2016, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Ya you will not be able to pass 4k through the receiver. I am facing the similar situation. I bet you want to use the UB wireless HDMI (don't know if that can do 4K...)

Honestly, we are probably best off to dump our 2112's and get new receivers

Old 11-24-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halichopter View Post
I have a Denon AVR-2112CI and I just bought an Epson 5040UB projector. I also have a Sony BDP-S5200 bluray player. The projector is supposed to have 4K Enhancement and HDR. I want to get the most out of the new projector. Can I do this with the Denon model I have? I have read that to be able to have HDR the projector and AVR need to support HDMI 2.0a. I'm pretty sure my Sony Blu-ray will not play HDR.

I've also read that there is generic HDR10 and Dolby Vision content available. I have Netflix and Amazon Video which are both supposed to have some of this content.

Finally, if I can play Ultra 4K HDR streaming content through the Denon AVR, how can I know that it is successfully working?

Thanks,

Hal
You'll either need to purchase a newer 2015 or 2016 AVR that can do 4k/HDCP 2.2 or else pass the 4k video to the TV/PJ and audio separately to the 2112CI.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Ya you will not be able to pass 4k through the receiver. I am facing the similar situation. I bet you want to use the UB wireless HDMI (don't know if that can do 4K...)

Honestly, we are probably best off to dump our 2112's and get new receivers

eaadams: I'm not using the wireless but rather an HDMI cable. Are you looking at a new receiver?
Old 11-24-2016, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Well if you are cool with wires just use the car for audio only (optical cable etc...) And use a HDMI switch to change between HDMI. But for me, I'm going to move away from my 2112, not sure what yet.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:17 PM

Playing 4K HDR on Epson 5040UB

Quote:
You'll either need to purchase a newer 2015 or 2016 AVR that can do 4k/HDCP 2.2 or else pass the 4k video to the TV/PJ and audio separately to the 2112CI.
jd: If I get a new AVR that can do 4K/HDCP 2.2, what about the video source? I know my Blu-Ray would need replacement, but what about when I'm streaming from Netflix or Amazon Video? Do those sources need to be HDCP 2.2 as well? I have a Tivo Roamio and an older Apple TV.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Yes you will need 4k sources. But a Chromecast or Fire Stick might do you ok

Old 11-24-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halichopter View Post
jd: If I get a new AVR that can do 4K/HDCP 2.2, what about the video source? I know my Blu-Ray would need replacement, but what about when I'm streaming from Netflix or Amazon Video? Do those sources need to be HDCP 2.2 as well? I have a Tivo Roamio and an older Apple TV.
If the video source isn't encoded with HDCP 2.2, then you don't need to worry about it.
Halichopter likes this.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
If the video source isn't encoded with HDCP 2.2, then you don't need to worry about it.
I guess that should be obvious. :-)

So doing a quick search, and trying to do this on the cheap, it seems that to stream 4K HDR content from Netflix or Amazon I could use a Chromecast Ultra and then run it through a new AVR, maybe Denon AVR-X1300WK. But is there enough content out there to make this worthwhile?
Old 11-24-2016, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Netflix is on the Chromecast. But honestly if on the cheap a Roku is a good bet since you'll get way more 4k sources.

Denon AVR-S720W for like $400

Halichopter likes this.

Last edited by eaadams; 11-24-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver