The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 674 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 55Likes

post #20191 of 20207 Old 04-23-2017, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 29
denon 1712
emptek towers and center

i find the treble somewhat lacking. not lively enough for me but dont want a klipsch finger on chalkboard screeching sound

i understand the empteks are a neutral type speaker

but is there any way to up the treble a little like a treble control? i turned dynamic eq off and i think that helped a little, or could just be the placebo effect

also this is wierd. i have a panasonic plasma, i turned viera off but when turning on the avs it defaults to tv unless i turn direct tv and tv on first, then turn the avr on. not sure whats happening there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20192 of 20207 Old 04-24-2017, 02:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13936 Post(s)
Liked: 6540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post
denon 1712
emptek towers and center

i find the treble somewhat lacking. not lively enough for me but dont want a klipsch finger on chalkboard screeching sound

i understand the empteks are a neutral type speaker

but is there any way to up the treble a little like a treble control? i turned dynamic eq off and i think that helped a little, or could just be the placebo effect

also this is wierd. i have a panasonic plasma, i turned viera off but when turning on the avs it defaults to tv unless i turn direct tv and tv on first, then turn the avr on. not sure whats happening there
1. When Dynamic EQ is disabled, you can set the Tone Control (p. 55 Owner's manual) to ON and then adjust the Bass/Treble.
2. Set HDMI Control on the AVR to OFF.
post #20193 of 20207 Old 04-26-2017, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 3670 Post(s)
Liked: 3511
Quote:
but is there any way to up the treble a little like a treble control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. When Dynamic EQ is disabled, you can set the Tone Control (p. 55 Owner's manual) to ON and then adjust the Bass/Treble.
Or leave DEQ on and try switching Audyssey EQ to FLAT

Quote:
i turned dynamic eq off and i think that helped a little, or could just be the placebo effect
Not placebo, DEQ is boosting the low end more than anything so turning it off will make the highs sound more pronounced relatively.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!

post #20194 of 20207 Old 04-26-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Or leave DEQ on and try switching Audyssey EQ to FLAT

Not placebo, DEQ is boosting the low end more than anything so turning it off will make the highs sound more pronounced relatively.
i think deq off and upping treble tone to +3 helps.

i will try leaving deq on and audyssey eq to flat but i read audyssey flat is used when your room is treated and you sit close to t he speakers.

i sit about 10 or so feet from the speakers and my living room is not treated, hardwood floors. small carpet in front of the center.

maybe im just asking too much of my emps since they are a neutral speaker. but i will have to experiment some more.
post #20195 of 20207 Old 04-28-2017, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 3670 Post(s)
Liked: 3511
Quote:
i think deq off and upping treble tone to +3 helps.

i will try leaving deq on and audyssey eq to flat but i read audyssey flat is used when your room is treated and you sit close to t he speakers.
yeah but your preference is for more treble. That's the difference between Flat and Reference, it doesn't roll off the highs. Who cares what it's "supposed to be" used for? It's your setup

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #20196 of 20207 Old 04-28-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
yeah but your preference is for more treble. That's the difference between Flat and Reference, it doesn't roll off the highs. Who cares what it's "supposed to be" used for? It's your setup
after a couple of movies i think audyssey flat and deq on gives me what i want. treble much better, sounds livelier. i left treble tone at 0

im gonna try a few movies with audyssey flat but with deq off. deq rolls off the highs also from what i read
post #20197 of 20207 Old 04-29-2017, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Please post back with your impressions should you choose to purchase the Oppo DAC.
I finally decided to pick up the Sonica DAC, and am setting everything up this weekend. In wanting to get everything straight, I can run the RCA outputs into the CD inputs, set the 2112 to Pure Direct. If I set this to LFE+Main, have I then defeated everything coming from the Sonica DAC by then overriding it and reverting back to the Denon DAC? Is the only way to get pure pass-through to go with the Pure Direct setting and run the speakers at 2.0? Is there no way to get 2.1 output in a pass-through mode?

Last edited by JohnJ9; 04-29-2017 at 10:32 AM.
post #20198 of 20207 Old 04-29-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ9 View Post
I finally decided to pick up the Sonica DAC, and am setting everything up this weekend. In wanting to get everything straight, I can run the RCA outputs into the CD inputs, set the 2112 to Pure Direct. If I set this to LFE+Main, have I then defeated everything coming from the Sonica DAC by then overriding it and reverting back to the Denon DAC? Is the only way to get pure pass-through to go with the Pure Direct setting and run the speakers at 2.0? Is there no way to get 2.1 output in a pass-through mode?
Correct on both counts, unless of course the source signal is 2.1.
post #20199 of 20207 Old 05-05-2017, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Used receiver. How to check if all ports are working?

Hello Experts,

I got used 2312 receiver from eBay. I've done Microprocessor reset and updated the firware. No issues with GUI. My speaker delivery got delayed. Now, is there a way to check if all my ports are working. I saw something in Option Setup--> Maintenance Mode --> Some codes... I thought Maintenance mode is to check if all ports are working fine. But then I stopped and wanted to check here before I do anything. Could anyone help me?

I have connected my TV in ARC port [ One Connect - Samsung 2016 model ] to receiver's ARC Port using HDMI. No issues with GUI so far.

Thanks

Last edited by rajkumark; 05-06-2017 at 04:08 AM.
post #20200 of 20207 Old 05-05-2017, 09:25 PM

denon 1712

got another subwoofer and a y splitter

im just confused about setting up 2 subs with the 1712

using the splitter, when running audyssey, wont it treat both subs as one? do i need to set the gain knob exactly the same for each sub? do i need to make sure the distance between each sub is exactly the same to the mlp where the mic is?

or do i first calibrate one sub, then calibrate the other both independently? then after much trial and error, i get audyssey to set both subs the same distance and volume... i can then connect both with the splitter, and continue the audyssey process for the rest of the speakers?

or using the splitter and try to get the distance and gain knob approximately the same on both subs. i run audyssey, and then manually adjust the distance and volume the same for each sub?
for example the volume on one sub is -3.5, the other is -4.5, i change each sub to -4?

im probably overthinking this i know
post #20201 of 20207 Old 05-06-2017, 03:12 AM

Quote:
denon 1712

got another subwoofer and a y splitter

im just confused about setting up 2 subs with the 1712

using the splitter, when running audyssey, wont it treat both subs as one? do i need to set the gain knob exactly the same for each sub? do i need to make sure the distance between each sub is exactly the same to the mlp where the mic is?

or do i first calibrate one sub, then calibrate the other both independently? then after much trial and error, i get audyssey to set both subs the same distance and volume... i can then connect both with the splitter, and continue the audyssey process for the rest of the speakers?

or using the splitter and try to get the distance and gain knob approximately the same on both subs. i run audyssey, and then manually adjust the distance and volume the same for each sub?
for example the volume on one sub is -3.5, the other is -4.5, i change each sub to -4?

im probably overthinking this i know

If the subs are identical and placed equidistant from the main listening position, they can both then be set to about 9 o'clock (25% of max) and then run Audyssey. Otherwise, if not, you can run Audyssey independently on each one to set the level and distance, then knock the gain down a notch or two on each sub and run Audyssey with them both connected to the "Y" splitter.
post #20202 of 20207 Old 05-08-2017, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hopefully its ok to ask such basic questions here. I read the entire thread and now i'm even more confused. I just set up a new system and have a few questions about sub settings and cross over settings.

here is the system

Denon AVR-2112CI

Klipsch speakers

Front Center = RP250C
Front In-wall = R-2650-W II
Rear In-Ceiling = CDT-2650C II
Sub = R-110SW

I ran the setup but wanted to verify any settings it may have missed as well as crossover settings

the sub is currently set to phase-0, low pass to 120hz

receiver bass is set to lfe 120hz
receiver speakers are all set to small and sub yes
crossover is set to 80hz

anything i need to change or tweak to have the best setup possible? anything to help with some content being very loud and some being very quite?
post #20203 of 20207 Old 05-08-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
Hopefully its ok to ask such basic questions here. I read the entire thread and now i'm even more confused. I just set up a new system and have a few questions about sub settings and cross over settings.

here is the system

Denon AVR-2112CI

Klipsch speakers

Front Center = RP250C
Front In-wall = R-2650-W II
Rear In-Ceiling = CDT-2650C II
Sub = R-110SW

I ran the setup but wanted to verify any settings it may have missed as well as crossover settings

the sub is currently set to phase-0, low pass to 120hz

receiver bass is set to lfe 120hz
receiver speakers are all set to small and sub yes
crossover is set to 80hz

anything i need to change or tweak to have the best setup possible? anything to help with some content being very loud and some being very quite?

Run Audyssey which will set the correct crossover for the speakers. Also set the sub gain to about 10 o'clock not 12 o'clock prior to running Audyssey.
post #20204 of 20207 Old 05-11-2017, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Try doing a soft reset (power off and unplug power and HDMI cables for 10 minutes). If still no joy, do a microprocessor reset as noted in post 5 of this thread.
Soft reset nil fix.
Microprocessor reset performed. Now it's OK.
Thanks a lot. Can't figure out what could be the cause.
post #20205 of 20207 Old 05-20-2017, 05:28 PM

my blu ray player bit the dust

gonna use a ps3 but cant remember the exact settings.

i want my denon 1712 to show dd, dts etc.

i understand i set it to bitstream, but cant remember if i turn secondary audio on or off?
post #20206 of 20207 Old 05-21-2017, 03:27 AM

Quote:
my blu ray player bit the dust

gonna use a ps3 but cant remember the exact settings.

i want my denon 1712 to show dd, dts etc.

i understand i set it to bitstream, but cant remember if i turn secondary audio on or off?
Secondary Audio = OFF.
post #20207 of 20207 Old Today, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
plus symbol on Netflix

There is a "+" symbol next to the list of output speakers on my display when I play a Netflix video. It's only on Netflix. Uess I'm missing it, I don't see it mentioned in the manual. Does anyone know what it stands for? See attached pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Denon display.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	2209385  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Denon Avr 1712 Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page