Marantz SR5006 / Marantz SR6006 Receiver Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 2016 Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
you guys are probebly right, i only have it on around 60% on the sub, an old jamo that didnt sound anything like this with the denon
I´ll try tonight, thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2016 Old 11-03-2011, 03:15 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
^^
Review the Audyssey Setup Guide in my sig ... also as stated in your Owner's manual (p. 21), you should start out with the sub at 50% and lower it from their as necessary.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #273 of 2016 Old 11-03-2011, 04:55 AM

the manual you say.. hmm..
Must say i´ve looked at it, but not that serious. 2 things 2 do 2 night then...
post #274 of 2016 Old 11-03-2011, 08:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamasha View Post

you guys are probebly right, i only have it on around 60% on the sub, an old jamo that didnt sound anything like this with the denon
I´ll try tonight, thx.

Try it at 40% since you're getting -12 at 60%. This will probably get the sub channel setting closer to 0 when you run Audyssey again.

Afro GT
post #275 of 2016 Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 AM

Howdy All, new member that has been reading this blog for many days, finally pulled the plug on an SR6006 (caught a great deal on ebay....$820 delivered for a NIB), will replace my HK347 that died a few months back...will drive my KEF fronts (Q55's), Jamo E5's 5.1 set with the Jamo Sub10 and an E8 Jamo center.....) been a while since I was into the hi end av's/amps...will love to get any feedback from you guys

My SetUp:

KEF Q900(fronts),
KEF Q55(Rears),
KEF Q600C(Center).
MARANTZ 6006,
Jamo Sub 10
LG 63" 3D LED
post #276 of 2016 Old 11-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Really enjoying the new 5006 until now. I have the cable box connected via hdmi and coax dig out to the 5006, then hdmi out from 5006 to the tv(pana 65gt30). Whenever I turn on/off the tv post initial system switch on, the audio goes out and the only way to get it back is to turn 5006 off then back on. HDMI control is on so i can pass thru the cable box when 5006 is off. what am I doing wrong here? Many Thanks
post #277 of 2016 Old 11-04-2011, 12:23 PM
585-645-1006

^^
HDMI Control only works with HDMI inputs so it won't work with the coax digital connection as your audio source.

"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

post #278 of 2016 Old 11-05-2011, 01:39 AM

Hi all,

I have a new SR5006, have been up late playing with the settings.

I cannot figure this out: I have a Sharp LC-60LE920UN display, and a Comcast DCX-3400. When I enable HDMI control and AquosLink, the television stays on and plays video from the Comcast box - so what am I doing wrong? Isn't this supposed to shut off the sources?

Edit: All sources are HDMI switched through the receiver, using ARC input on the Sharp.
post #279 of 2016 Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModemJunki View Post

Hi all,

I have a new SR5006, have been up late playing with the settings.

I cannot figure this out: I have a Sharp LC-60LE920UN display, and a Comcast DCX-3400. When I enable HDMI control and AquosLink, the television stays on and plays video from the Comcast box - so what am I doing wrong? Isn't this supposed to shut off the sources?

Edit: All sources are HDMI switched through the receiver, using ARC input on the Sharp.

What you are seeing is HDMI passthrough. The HDMI Input in use when the AVR is turned off passes thought the audio and video signal to the device connected to the output.

HDMI Control will turn on the output device, TV, but it will usually not turn it off. Some TVs may have a setting that will allow them to turn off when the input device is turned off.

Bob Holmes
Curmudgeon
post #280 of 2016 Old 11-05-2011, 12:17 PM

OK, thanks for the info, RDHolmes.

I need to read up on the feature, but it looks to be redundant if one is using a Harmony remote.

The Web GUI makes setup very easy.
post #281 of 2016 Old 11-07-2011, 05:05 AM
AJF
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeA View Post

I have a Harmony One and mixing and matching the input types I have has turned out to be quite a pain...

The key reason why I found is there is not a direct source input button for each input type on the remote - when I say this I mean there are only 8 input choices on the remote leaving 3 of the HDMI inputs not available unless you use the 'source arrow.' This means the Harmony choices when setting it up omits these 3 HDMI choices - GAME/VCR/AUX1 and if you have a Harmony you know this is not the ideal way to set up the remote. It often gets confused which setting you are on and toggling will lead you to a help menu yes/no fiasco.

I'm considering switching from my 3311CI which is going in for repair for the third time, to the SR6006. I also have a Harmony, are you saying that there are no discretes inputs for any of the HDMI sources , or just the GAME/VCR/AUX1 (meaning you have to cycle through those 3 inputs) ?
post #282 of 2016 Old 11-07-2011, 06:52 AM

Hi again. The Wizz App is bugging the hell out of me!
After unplugging the power cord it works for a day or 2 at most. After that I get connection failure every time! The App sees the SR6006 but if I tap to control I get the error and can only exit.

Hardware is iPhone 4, iPad 1 and Apple Time Capsule. Tried to reconnect network cable, reset the TC with the problem and holding the standby button on the receiver for 5 - 10 secs but only power cycle does the trick...

Anyone experiencing this because the problem is a bit vague and I'm not sure if anything is broken? Could it be the SR6006 has hardware problems or software??
post #283 of 2016 Old 11-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slelgan View Post

I received my SR6006 last week and am really enjoying it. It is a huge step up in quality over my last receiver. One of the main reasons I purchased it was for the dual output so I could run my Samsung 46" 1080p as well as my new Optoma HD33 3d 1080p projector off the same unit. The dual output works well with the PS3 and image is just as good as a direct connect so that is good, but I'm having one major issue, I can't get it to work with my HTPC. The HTPC has an AMD card with HDMI output and it works just fine plugging it directly into either the TV or the Optoma, but when I plug it into the receiver (I put it in the SAT HDMI input), then all I get is blackness on both the LCD and projector. I'm using all HDMI 1.4a cables and windows 7 for the OS.

I put in a new video card, another ATI hd series and it works just fine now.
post #284 of 2016 Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 AM

Liked: 11
Hi all,

Thanks for jumping in to this useful forum. Please, has anyone experienced pixealized slideshows ?

In my 6006, the pictures come out pixealized. Marantz said that its`s due to the resolution of the pictures, but I have tested many many pictures and all of them are bad. In other media players, the same pictures come out well.

has anyone experienced this problem ?

Thanks,

Mongao
post #285 of 2016 Old 11-08-2011, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongao View Post

Hi all,

Thanks for jumping in to this useful forum. Please, has anyone experienced pixealized slideshows ?

In my 6006, the pictures come out pixealized. Marantz said that its`s due to the resolution of the pictures, but I have tested many many pictures and all of them are bad. In other media players, the same pictures come out well.

has anyone experienced this problem ?

Thanks,

Mongao

How you streaming the photos? My 6006 does great with my Apple TV, 1st generation. Most of them, if not all, are 8-10 megapixels each. Are you seeing pixelization on the photo alone while viewing or in a transition between two photos?
post #286 of 2016 Old 11-08-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoville View Post

How you streaming the photos? My 6006 does great with my Apple TV, 1st generation. Most of them, if not all, are 8-10 megapixels each. Are you seeing pixelization on the photo alone while viewing or in a transition between two photos?

Hi,

Well, I am streaming them following the instructions on the manual

I have a 46" 120 Hz Toshiba LED TV, the pictures were taken with 3 different cameras, a single point-and-shoot, a 8 MP digital SLR and a 18 MP digital SLR, so the resolution of the pictures vary a lot.

All of them come out pixealized, not only the transition. I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player though with slideshow capability, and the same pictures come out perfectly on a 40" Samsung LCD TV (60 Hz I think).

Any guess ?

Thanks a lot,

Mongao
post #287 of 2016 Old 11-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMikeS2000 View Post

Hi again. The Wizz App is bugging the hell out of me!
After unplugging the power cord it works for a day or 2 at most. After that I get connection failure every time! The App sees the SR6006 but if I tap to control I get the error and can only exit.

Hardware is iPhone 4, iPad 1 and Apple Time Capsule. Tried to reconnect network cable, reset the TC with the problem and holding the standby button on the receiver for 5 - 10 secs but only power cycle does the trick...

Anyone experiencing this because the problem is a bit vague and I'm not sure if anything is broken? Could it be the SR6006 has hardware problems or software??

if you have Android phone/tablet go to market try out "AVR-Remote" (FREE)

under search, put in (MARANTZ) and download. works for SR5006/6006/7005.

give it a try, might help out.
post #288 of 2016 Old 11-10-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^

because in a 7.1 configuration every speaker is producing audio from the same source...

whereas zones, by definition, require the ability to produce audio/video from a different source than the main zone... and in order to do that with a digital source, the avr would require 2 separate audio/video digital paths... 2 different sources can't use the same digital path at the same time...

the reason you can do analog to zones from an analog source is because, again, it's "free"... the avr doesn't have to do anything...

this is similar to the ability to overlay analog video (but not digital video) on a digital audio source on the avr... this is "simple and free" for them to do, because the avr just passes the analog video through...

Hi There,

I have bought the Sr6006 from an AV store that is doing mysetup next week and it was quite important for me to have a "party mode" with one audio source going into all 3 zones or at worse case, the main zone plus zone 2. I read somewhere online that you can have a simultaneous output of audio from both HDMI and TOS link (optical cable) from the PS3. So if you use a DAC converter for the TOS stream then you will have an analog source that is simultaneous to the digital source. So if you are playing music through the PS3 your main zone takes the HDMI source and zone 2 takes the analog source. BUT....will the DAC slow down the analog stream compared to the HDMI. I want people at my party to walk from one zone into the secondary zone and not notice a difference in the music timing. What do you guys think? Will this work?
post #289 of 2016 Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Out of curiosity, everyone taking the black model over the silver one?

For some odd reason I like the "classic" look of the silver one - fits well with the Marantz brand. So, I'm the only one?

BTW, is the silver one even available in North America? Never seen one on display.
post #290 of 2016 Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick99 View Post

Hi There,

I have bought the Sr6006 from an AV store that is doing mysetup next week and it was quite important for me to have a "party mode" with one audio source going into all 3 zones or at worse case, the main zone plus zone 2. I read somewhere online that you can have a simultaneous output of audio from both HDMI and TOS link (optical cable) from the PS3. So if you use a DAC converter for the TOS stream then you will have an analog source that is simultaneous to the digital source. So if you are playing music through the PS3 your main zone takes the HDMI source and zone 2 takes the analog source. BUT....will the DAC slow down the analog stream compared to the HDMI. I want people at my party to walk from one zone into the secondary zone and not notice a difference in the music timing. What do you guys think? Will this work?

I have that scenario with my PS3 and I don't think I noticed a delay in audio. I'll check for sure when I go home. BTW, I'm using the Gefen DAC from Amazon, about $75 or so.
post #291 of 2016 Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 PM

Hi there

New to this board and so appreciative for all the expertise and advice here. I read here that it would not be possible to have the same digital source supply more than one zone with these amps. This worries me because i just bought one (sr60006) and I want to have a party mode where i can pump the same music in all zones or at a minimum, 2 zones. So here is a possible work around that i propose and would love comments on:

1. make your audio source the ps3
2. the ps3 apparently can do simultaneous audio output from its hdmi and optical outs
3. run the optical out through a DAC and plug the analog from DAC out to the secondary zone

This should give you the same sound in 2 zones at the same time. But would the DAC cause a delay making the sound not sync up or can it be corrected by buying a high quality dac?? I really want my party guests walking from one zone to the next to hear the same stuff!

Thoughts or suggestions?

Slick99
edit- sorry, i didnt see my original post so i posted again...stupid me!
post #292 of 2016 Old 11-11-2011, 12:35 AM

thats promising...also it occurred to me that if the source is your network attached storage or computer it shouldnt matter because its not being output by hdmi or toslink right? page 84 of the manual for the sr6006 does say simultaneous output of the same source in all zones is possible... so maybe a "party" mode is possible if you stream. Has anyone streamed music using the marrantz wizzapp or iphone remote app/airplay to all 3 zones simultaneously?
post #293 of 2016 Old 11-11-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick99 View Post

thats promising...also it occurred to me that if the source is your network attached storage or computer it shouldnt matter because its not being output by hdmi or toslink right? page 84 of the manual for the sr6006 does say simultaneous output of the same source in all zones is possible... so maybe a "party" mode is possible if you stream. Has anyone streamed music using the marrantz wizzapp or iphone remote app/airplay to all 3 zones simultaneously?

I have streamed with AirPlay to two zones simultaneously and it works fine. No delay.
post #294 of 2016 Old 11-11-2011, 07:12 AM

Also....whoever was asking about a Party Mode, the 6006 has one. I came across it in the web control interface. I haven't used it yet but it's there and has a setting or two with it.
post #295 of 2016 Old 11-11-2011, 07:33 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Note that "Party" mode on Denon/Marantz AVRs refers to using the network feature over other Denon/Marantz AVRs that are also connected to the home network and have a "Party" mode setting. The "master" AVR is set up as the "organizer" and the other AVRs are set up as "attendees."

"JD" –

post #296 of 2016 Old 11-11-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njpozner View Post

My 5006 does run warm, but a lot cooler than the Onkyo RC-160 it replaced. I have not noticed it generating any heat in standby. As long as its going to be in a properly ventilated area, I wouldn't worry about it.

My 6006 has just shut-off automatically for the 2nd time, heating protection.

I am in Canada, room temperature is about 22C and of course it`s in a proper ventilated stand, has anyone faced this issue ?

I wonder if running an AMP to the mains would alleviate the heating on it, kind of say "transferring" the heating to the AMP ?

My main speakers are Polk`s RTiA9`s (huge towers), I wonder if they are too demanding on power and the SR6006 can`t stand it ?

Thanks,

Mongao
post #297 of 2016 Old 11-11-2011, 06:31 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Are you using a sub ... and if yes, do you have the RtiA9's set to SMALL with 80hz crossovers as is recommended?

"JD" –

post #298 of 2016 Old 11-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
Are you using a sub ... and if yes, do you have the RtiA9's set to SMALL with 80hz crossovers as is recommended?

Yes, I have a sub, my RTiA9`s are set to LARGE and the LFE is set to BOTH, crossover at 80 Hz. I really prefer this way, I have tested with the mains set to small, didn`t like it as much.

I wonder if my mains are "too powerful", drawing too much from the SR6006 ?

Thanks,

Mongao
post #299 of 2016 Old 11-11-2011, 06:48 PM
585-645-1006

Double Bass as you have it set now may be preferred, is not what the mixer intended, and does draw more power from the AVR. Suggest you return to the SMALL/80hz setting to see if the AVR still shuts down. Try just bumping up the sub volume a few db with the remote to get the extra bass you desire.

"JD" –

post #300 of 2016 Old 11-11-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Double Bass as you have it set now may be preferred, is not what the mixer intended, and does draw more power from the AVR. Suggest you return to the SMALL/80hz setting to see if the AVR still shuts down. Try just bumping up the sub volume a few db with the remote to get the extra bass you desire.

Thanks for replying, I am tempted to buy an AMP someday soon, will it take "the job of heating" and so would alleviate the SR6006 ? What do you think ?

Thanks,

Mongao
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5006 Av Receiver , Marantz Sr6006 Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr5006 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page