I've been searching high and low and can't find this answered clearly and concisely anywhere - can someone please help me out?
What exactly is the difference between the 5006 and the 6006, and is the 6006 worth the extra few hundred bucks?
Also, I posted this in some other threads/forums, but maybe one of you would have some insight. I'm buying my first home theater system, consisting of:
Klipsch RF-62 II (tower) front
RC-62 II center
PA-120 12" 200W RMS sub
The receivers I'm considering are:
Harman Kardon 2650
Harman Kardon 3650
Currently I'm leaning towards the Marantz 5006, but can get the HK 2650 for the same price, and can probably find the others for reasonable prices. I'm really having trouble deciding on the receiver.
Basically I'm not a power user, and am just interested in the following:
1) Reliability and stability - don't want it overheating, breaking, buggy, etc.
2) Sound quality, especially considering the speakers I have
3) Video quality should be good, upscaling only somewhat important, but it shouldn't make the video worse
4) Calibration and setup. I know the Marantz has the MultEQ XT, is that really the best of the lot?
5) Menu, options, usability - it just needs to work and do what I need without too much hassle.
I will only be connecting a couple sources of input and plan on using it as a 5.1 in only one zone for the forseeable future.
Anyone have a suggestion as to which receiver would be the best choice for me? Any advice would be appreciated, I'm not asking you to make my decision for me =)