1Likes

post #811 of 1989 Old 03-27-2012, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbialekk View Post

Anyone able to help? Lord knows Marantz hasn't been able to...

Firmware update gets stuck on 'authenticating' I've hard reset repeatedly and tried setting network standby both on and off.

Now, after reboot, it says a firmware update is available. Tried, same response, stuck in authentication.

I am plugged in via LAN (via powerline) as I am unable to get directly to the router (downstairs)

Thanks in advance,

Try this, I had this problem on my sr6006 and I ended up swapping mine out for a new one so I didn't try this method so I can't guarantee it will work but its worth a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_rantz View Post

Yes. I tried unplugging it (about 5 days cause I went away). But today I solved it after 2 weeks of trying... there seems to be a "hard-hard-reset". I turned the receiver on, pushed and held m-dax+display, turned it off, and after that again on (with m-dax+display pushed). after that, the display blinked a few times and everything worked fine. the update-retry-loop did not show up again! i don´t know, but it was trial and error. even on the marantz-hotline they did not know the "hard-hard-reset" option. they told me a combination which just reloaded the settings of the amp from the memory ;( .

There is no replacement for displacement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1989 Old 03-27-2012, 06:52 PM

I have an 6006 on the way, will an 8.5" shelf be enough breathing room? I do not plan on anything loud really.

Possible I can put in on the top of the rack, was sort of thinking about a turntable for that space tho.
post #813 of 1989 Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

that might be a bit tight...

keep in mind that in a modern avr, a goodly amount of the thermal energy is created by things not related to amplification...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #814 of 1989 Old 03-27-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^

that might be a bit tight...

keep in mind that in a modern avr, a goodly amount of the thermal energy is created by things not related to amplification...

The vents are on the top? does it have a fan? I think that gives a little more than 2 inches. I might try it, well see, or may be time for a new rack. thx
post #815 of 1989 Old 03-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingus View Post

The vents are on the top? does it have a fan? I think that gives a little more than 2 inches. I might try it, well see, or may be time for a new rack. thx

It is vented mostly on top but does have side vents and no there is no fan on either the 5006 or the 6006

There is no replacement for displacement
post #816 of 1989 Old 03-28-2012, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I rehooked my 5006 last night and today and it sounds different. What can I do to improve the sound

Main System
Fronts RB 81 II BLK
Cener RC 52 II BLK
Rears RB 61 II CHERRY (going to be replaced with a black set)
Subwoofer SW112 BLK
SR 5006
MM7025
LG 55 LED 120HZ BDPS590 ipad 2 remote
Bedroom RB 41 II BLK/ TXSR 607 / TCL32X1 / BDPS370 / Apple TV 2 wife ipad3 remote
post #817 of 1989 Old 03-28-2012, 04:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

uh, yea... heat rises...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

post #818 of 1989 Old 03-28-2012, 06:44 PM

I cannot get my sr5006 to link up to my network. Have the cat5 plugged in, everything is set right. Looking at the details page on the Marantz receiver, it shows no dns info. Neither primary or 2ndary.

How is this thing supposed to link up to my secured network if it never asks for my home networks password?? Do you have to have an unsecured connection for this thing to link up? That'd be very stupid.

In this day n age, I'm surprised this thing even uses a wire. Marantz not up on wireless networks, or is that feature reserved for better models.

Mostly happy with my 5006.
post #819 of 1989 Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

what are using to internally secure your wired access on your lan?

tell us that, and maybe we can help...

very few avrs have internal wi-fi built in... likely a good idea, it just creates another failure point...

- chris

post #820 of 1989 Old 03-28-2012, 09:32 PM

Do you mean what kind of security protocol I'm using?
post #821 of 1989 Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

yes... and how do you have it implemented?

- chris

post #822 of 1989 Old 03-29-2012, 02:37 PM

I'm having difficulty connecting any of my iphones/ipad/macs consistently with airplay.

The icon on the Wizz App, or the airplay icon on itunes on my mac rarely shows up. Yesterday I did a hard reset of the Marantz and I was able to get the mac to hook up. Got home from work today and tried again and it said it was unable to connect to the Marantz. The ipad/iphones dont even have the airplay icon available. Maybe I'm missing something.

I set the Marantz to the Net/Usb and try and load up itunes/wizz.

Any help?
post #823 of 1989 Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 AM

my new 6006 has been stuck on 'please wait...authenticating' for 3 hours now.

first thing it offered was a firmware update. picture was horrible, maybe something with the video processor.

How to do a regular hard reset?
post #824 of 1989 Old 03-30-2012, 03:51 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
There are two resets: (1) the regular microprocessor reset listed in the Owner's manual (5006-p. 140 / 6006 - p. 150), and (2) a "hard" reset which also resets the network card (power off the AVR, press/hold the "M-DAX" and "DISPLAY" buttons on the front panel while powering on the AVR, hold for a few seconds while the display blinks and then release).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #825 of 1989 Old 03-30-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrik Draven View Post

I cannot get my sr5006 to link up to my network. Have the cat5 plugged in, everything is set right. Looking at the details page on the Marantz receiver, it shows no dns info. Neither primary or 2ndary.

How is this thing supposed to link up to my secured network if it never asks for my home networks password?? Do you have to have an unsecured connection for this thing to link up? That'd be very stupid.

In this day n age, I'm surprised this thing even uses a wire. Marantz not up on wireless networks, or is that feature reserved for better models.

Mostly happy with my 5006.

Is this the only "wired" component on your network? Typically for most networks, only the wireless portion is "secured". It's sort of difficult for people outside your home to gain access to your "wired" network, unless they break into your home, or you have a wired ethernet jack outside your home.

As for intruders accessing your network via your internet connection, that is what a firewall is for.

To gain access to the DNS server, you may have to make sure you grant access to your receiver by having the proper settings in your router. If you have everything locked down tight (ie access granted to certain MAC addresses), then you need to add the Marantz MAC address to your allowed list. With that being said, those who typically secure their network in this manner don't typically need to be told this...., so my guess is that your problems are much more elementary.
post #826 of 1989 Old 03-30-2012, 07:56 AM

finally started to go last night and then it failed. Now I have no video output at all. I called Marantz and they said not to do the firmware update through a switch, only with a direct connection to the router, and the receiver will have to go back.

I will try this hard reset first of course.

Update: I did the hard reset and now have video, it has always been VERY snowy and fluttering bright on and off.

bypassed the switch, and now it says 'firmware update 6 minutes' instead of 32 minutes.

Update 2:

Authenticating... then blank screen, then 'update retry'.

Thanks again, still trying..
post #827 of 1989 Old 03-30-2012, 10:07 AM

Marantz tells me to open these ports in the router:

When I go into 'System Setup', all I can get is 'Speaker Setup', I need Network setup to assign an IP so I can open ports to that IP.
post #828 of 1989 Old 03-30-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Marantz tells me to open these ports in the router:

When I go into 'System Setup', all I can get is 'Speaker Setup', I need Network setup to assign an IP so I can open ports to that IP.

My advice....

You could try first is to ensure you have uPnP enabled in your router. In short, this allows any device "behind" your firewall to open and close ports as needed. If you are unsure how to do so, simply google your router model number and "uPnP". Or, post your router model and manufacturer, and I will try to help.

Or, completely disable the firewall in your router, then do the update. Once the update is complete, enable the firewall. This would eliminate the need to open any ports. Make sure to enable the firewall when completed...
post #829 of 1989 Old 03-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I am setting this up for a friend tomorrow.....I am going to run Audyssey, any tips or tricks to look for in this unit? I am assuming it is like running Audyssey on my Integra DHC 80.3, but with 6 positions as opposed to 8.

OH..... which curve do you guys perfer for music and for movies?

Thanks

Paul
post #830 of 1989 Old 03-30-2012, 01:07 PM

When I go into 'System Setup', all I can get is 'Speaker Setup', I need Network setup to assign an IP so I can open ports to that IP. how can i get into that menu?
post #831 of 1989 Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

I am pretty sure my brand new (to me) sr5006 came with a bum ethernet port. Just in case I am missing a "known" issue, has anyone else seen it where the receiver just won't connect over ethernet?

Before we go to the absolute basics, I've tried two switches and a wifi router. Two different ethernet cables. None of them show that they have negotiated a connection at the wire level, not talking at the IP level. Plug the same cable into my appletv and it lights up showing a 100bt connection has been made.

Tried rebooting the unit as well. It was not in standby mode, and I did try turning on and off the standby network option without luck.

I can't think of anything else to try except firmware, but I can't upgrade firmware without being online. (I tried to go to firmware.marantz.eu to see what I could find there, but it gives me an error when I put in my serial number, says something about "The DVD players serial number could not be verified" and puts a d infront of the serial number I found on my unit, which seems strange.

Scot Kight

"Don't touch that, this isn't your house and that isn't your tv!" she says.

"But look at it, the contrast is completely blown out, the color is all off and that tint. This will only take a sec..."
post #832 of 1989 Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidefpaul View Post

I am setting this up for a friend tomorrow.....I am going to run Audyssey, any tips or tricks to look for in this unit? I am assuming it is like running Audyssey on my Integra DHC 80.3, but with 6 positions as opposed to 8.

Both the 5006 and 6006 feature Audyssey MultEQ XT which uses 8 positions just as XT32 does in your 80.3. The primary difference is that as there are more sub filters than speaker filters in XT, you'll want to set all speakers to SMALL and raise any speaker crossovers set below 80hz up to 80hz (providing of course there is a sub in the setup).

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #833 of 1989 Old 03-31-2012, 01:17 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:

When I go into 'System Setup', all I can get is 'Speaker Setup', I need Network setup to assign an IP so I can open ports to that IP. how can i get into that menu?

Do you have an ethernet cable connected from the AVR to the router or wireless bridge? If yes, try unplugging the AVR for a few minutes to see if that brings back the Network Setup menu.

post #834 of 1989 Old 03-31-2012, 01:22 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot Kight View Post

Tried rebooting the unit as well. It was not in standby mode, and I did try turning on and off the standby network option without luck.

I can't think of anything else to try except firmware, but I can't upgrade firmware without being online. (I tried to go to firmware.marantz.eu to see what I could find there, but it gives me an error when I put in my serial number, says something about "The DVD players serial number could not be verified" and puts a d infront of the serial number I found on my unit, which seems strange.

By "rebooting" do you mean you reset the microprocessor (p. 140)? Also note that in order to access the European website, you would need a Europe unit.

post #835 of 1989 Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Do you have an ethernet cable connected from the AVR to the router or wireless bridge? If yes, try unplugging the AVR for a few minutes to see if that brings back the Network Setup menu.

Yes, AVR connected directly to the router.

I am able to get back into the menu after doing a hard reset ("M-DAX" and "DISPLAY"). last part of the firmware update will not go, just says 6 minutes and no go, fails every time. I have tried everything, changed the router out with different software (DD-WRT), opened all the ports that Marantz gave me, reset many times.
post #836 of 1989 Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 AM
585-645-1006

^^
If the router has a "multicast" setting, try setting it to YES as well as disabling UPnP.

post #837 of 1989 Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

p140 reset done, no joy. Ethernet looks to be completely dead still.

Scot Kight

"But look at it, the contrast is completely blown out, the color is all off and that tint. This will only take a sec..."
post #838 of 1989 Old 03-31-2012, 02:53 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Try another reset pressing/holding the "M-DAX" and "DISPLAY" buttons on the front panel this time.

post #839 of 1989 Old 03-31-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
If the router has a "multicast" setting, try setting it to YES as well as disabling UPnP.

It's DD-WRT.

Upnp --> Disabled now.

Under Security --> Firewall I see 'Filter Multicast' (Enabled)

I was thinking about trying the DMZ feature to open the router to the Marantz, but I already forwarded all the ports than Marantz gave me, might be worth a try tho.

Thanks again
post #840 of 1989 Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

No such luck. Still no network connection.

Scot Kight

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5006 Av Receiver , Marantz Sr6006 Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page