Forum Jump: 

post #1981 of 1989 Old 06-14-2014, 09:56 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 1332
^^
This was for the Netflix DD+ distortion issue that the newer models got a few months ago.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 1989 Old 06-15-2014, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookierookie View Post
I'm setting up my media server, and was curious...does the sr5006 support a gigabit connection? I am using a gigabit switch to hook up my marantz, my NAS, and my media player. The only component I am not sure on (gigabit support wise) is the AVR. Any help would be appreciated!
I am sure you are aware by now, it's not Gigabit, but it has no need to and it won't affect your network.
post #1983 of 1989 Old 06-16-2014, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SR5006 and computer audio

I'm ripping my CDs to FLAC and one area that I'm struggling with is: What is the ideal method and signal path for playing the files stored on my computer through my SR5006 over my speakers?

1. Initiate from computer or initiate from AVR? I've found it much easier/friendlier to use a media player on the computer for selecting and playing the music as opposed to the 5006 OSD (or an app like deRemote) but, is there any difference in the audio quality between the two approaches? Or, does the DLNA player (e.g. MediaMokey) send the PCM data to the AVR over the network in exactly the same manner regardless of where I trigger it from resulting in no quality difference?

2. External DAC? Would there be any improvement (or degradation) in audio quality by introducing a USB DAC into my setup and changing the path from the computer to the AVR? Does this come down to how good the DAC in the 5006 is as compared to an external DAC (V90-DAC from Musical Fidelity)? Or, does it come down to what is better coming into the 5006 - digital or analog? Or, neither?

Thanks,
Rob

Components:
Marantz SR5006 AVR
Parasound 275 Amp
Monitor Audio Silver 6 speakers
Dell XPS 8700 SE; Windows 8.1
post #1984 of 1989 Old 06-23-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Sr6006

My 6006 tells me the bitrate of the incoming file on internet radio and on streamed content, and its usually not 100% of the source file with Airtunes or with Twonky.

As for the USB DAC, yes, an external USB-DAC can easily better the DAC inside this receiver, but only for 2-channel. I've used the HRT Music Streamer II, II+, Schiit Audio Bifrost USB/UberUSB, Wavelength Brick and all better the internal Marantz DACs slightly to greatly. Just depends on how much 2-channel you listen to, how serious a listener you are, and how much you wanna spend. Start with inexpensive stuff (I've heard great things about the Musical Fidelity V90) you could also pick up a used M1DAC-A (make sure the get the -A model for better USB performance).

Anyways, happy experimenting.
aurorarob likes this.
post #1985 of 1989 Old 06-26-2014, 04:21 PM

Liked: 11
Just curious, has anyone noticed since the last update any trouble connecting to their SR6006 via IP? I have had increasing problems, and I even use a reserved IP address to make connecting with iRule more seamless and less problematic. Lately, even the Marantz app and using the IP in a browser is giving me trouble and intermittent results; iRule hasn't connected in days. I have been in the settings and nothing has changed and it has me perplexed and very frustrated.

Erik
post #1986 of 1989 Old 06-27-2014, 03:23 AM

Yes. I had issues connecting for an update. It was hanging on connecting to server And never went past that. I tried several different resets and that didn't work. I also noticed the same issue with the app being slow to reconnect. After all my resets the unit just kept rebooting itself. I had to send it in for repair. What I received back wasn't my 6006, but a refurbished 6007. The GUI is different on the 6007 and the app responds so much better. The only difference with the 6007 I see so far is I was missing one of two 12v triggers that I had to trigger my amps. I had to get a splitter. The hdmi inputs are different as well so I need to get my Crestron programmer to do some reprogramming because I can't change all sources from my remote any longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoville View Post
Just curious, has anyone noticed since the last update any trouble connecting to their SR6006 via IP? I have had increasing problems, and I even use a reserved IP address to make connecting with iRule more seamless and less problematic. Lately, even the Marantz app and using the IP in a browser is giving me trouble and intermittent results; iRule hasn't connected in days. I have been in the settings and nothing has changed and it has me perplexed and very frustrated.

Erik
post #1987 of 1989 Old 06-27-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshvs4 View Post
Yes. I had issues connecting for an update. It was hanging on connecting to server And never went past that. I tried several different resets and that didn't work. I also noticed the same issue with the app being slow to reconnect. After all my resets the unit just kept rebooting itself. I had to send it in for repair. What I received back wasn't my 6006, but a refurbished 6007. The GUI is different on the 6007 and the app responds so much better. The only difference with the 6007 I see so far is I was missing one of two 12v triggers that I had to trigger my amps. I had to get a splitter. The hdmi inputs are different as well so I need to get my Crestron programmer to do some reprogramming because I can't change all sources from my remote any longer.
What were you using to reset the 6006?
post #1988 of 1989 Old 06-27-2014, 05:42 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 1332
How to reset the SR6006

Microprocessor reset (p. 150 Owner's manual) - Press and hold the Zone Select/Display buttons while powering on the AVR ......release 4-5 seconds later

Network reset - Press and hold the M-Dax/Display buttons (resets network card and does a microprocessor reset)

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #1989 of 1989 Old 07-16-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Microprocessor reset (p. 150 Owner's manual) - Press and hold the Zone Select/Display buttons while powering on the AVR ......release 4-5 seconds later

Network reset - Press and hold the M-Dax/Display buttons (resets network card and does a microprocessor reset)
Thanks smoothie, I didn't know about the Network reset. I did the other reset and that seem to work once I made sure other network settings were correct, even toggling them. Interestingly whenever I have a power outage or surge it seems to have difficulty connecting. Both iRule and the Marantz app have a very hard time reconnecting, often unable to reconnect. I keep it on a reserved IP address so iRule always knows where it is but power issues seem to give me trouble.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5006 Av Receiver , Marantz Sr6006 Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page