Marantz SR5006 / Marantz SR6006 Receiver Thread - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #2071 of 2090 Old 11-28-2015, 03:36 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7314 Post(s)
Liked: 3367
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodyBr View Post
I hope someone here can help me. I own a SR6006 now for three years, worked perfectly all the time until recently. Issue: after about 5 minutes of playing the front R+L quit playing any sound. Speaker config was usually set to "Auto".
If I adjust the speaker config to Dolby PLII Movie for example the center and rears do play, but the fronts stay silent.

Extra information: every time the fronts appear to shut down I hear the same sound as if I was shutting down the SR6006. The image on my TV doesn't change (not a blink) and is fully normal, the other speakers keep playing as usual.
When the problem started I used to shut down the SR6006 and re-start and it would work again, maybe for the whole evening, sometimes for another five minutes. Lately it is getting worse and after re-starting the situation doesn't change.
I have tried unplugging the power cable, but the effect is similar to just re-starting the whole system.
A few days ago I have tried resetting the microprocessor, but unfortunately nothing has changed. Because there is no sound from the fronts, the Audyssey set-up is unable to proceed after first steps.

Are there any more people who have had similar experiences? If so: how did you solve it?
Does anyone have clue what might be the problem?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Try placing 2 other speakers on the FL/FR speaker posts to determine if the issue is with the speakers or the AVR. If the AVR, try doing at least 4-5 microprocessor resets in a row. If still no joy, then likely amp failure. As a work around, try setting AMP ASSIGN to "Spkr-C" and move the FL/FR speaker wires from the FL/FR speaker posts to the Surround Back L/R speaker posts instead.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2090 Old 11-29-2015, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try placing 2 other speakers on the FL/FR speaker posts to determine if the issue is with the speakers or the AVR. If the AVR, try doing at least 4-5 microprocessor resets in a row. If still no joy, then likely amp failure. As a work around, try setting AMP ASSIGN to "Spkr-C" and move the FL/FR speaker wires from the FL/FR speaker posts to the Surround Back L/R speaker posts instead.
Thank you for your suggestion, jdsmoothie, I have followed your advice. Well, at least most of it.

Since I assumed my front speakers are not the issue I skipped the first suggestion. I could have tried my rears as fronts though, but they do work for the first five minutes, sometimes even restart working when they were off for some time (I notice by the same sound as if I turn the SR6006 on or off).
I did some five or six resets of the microprocessor in a row and then tried to go through speaker set-up again, but unfortunately everything was the same as just before.
I then set the SR6006 to SPKR-C and connected the fronts to the Bi-Amp connectors, restarted the SR6006 and managed to go all the way through set-up procedure.

I am currently playing the SR6006 for approx. half an hour now. I did hear the same sound I heard before when the fronts switched off, but since these are now connected to Surround Back L/R all seems to be working fine (which proves to me my initial assumption was right).

My conclusion: something is wrong in the Front Speakers signal processing. I guess I have to go see an A/V doctor since my practical knowledge for electric engineering is quite minimal...

By the way: I don't know if this is of any help, but I noticed that I did not mention the speakers before. I used to think that SR6006 should be able to be compatible with almost all speakers, but I am just making sure... All are from Wharfedale Diamond series:
  • Fronts: 10.7,
  • Rears: 10.2,
  • Center: 10.CM,
  • Sub: 10.MX.
post #2073 of 2090 Old 11-30-2015, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, hopefully someone here can assist me with this issue. I have a 6006 that I bought as a refurb. Love the unit as a whole, however I just recently discovered that my Headphone jack is not working. Was up early one morning and decided to play some Xbox. Plugged the headphones in and only got a faint sound out of the right earpiece. Tried another set of phones and same thing. When I tried to use the headphone jack during movies or music, I got nothing. The unit will click and turn the amp's off when the jack is inserted, but other than that no sound. I emailed Marantz, but after almost a week, they haven't responded. Is there anything I can reset (already did a mp reset with no change), or check to make sure that it's not indicative of a larger issue? I would take it to a repair shop here in the Central Florida area, but am having issues finding one. Any advice on my next step? I don't really want to buy a new receiver right now, which will probably be another Marantz (features for price is better than others). Thanks.

Stephen
post #2074 of 2090 Old 11-30-2015, 06:20 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Teffner View Post
Ok, hopefully someone here can assist me with this issue. I have a 6006 that I bought as a refurb. Love the unit as a whole, however I just recently discovered that my Headphone jack is not working. Was up early one morning and decided to play some Xbox. Plugged the headphones in and only got a faint sound out of the right earpiece. Tried another set of phones and same thing. When I tried to use the headphone jack during movies or music, I got nothing. The unit will click and turn the amp's off when the jack is inserted, but other than that no sound. I emailed Marantz, but after almost a week, they haven't responded. Is there anything I can reset (already did a mp reset with no change), or check to make sure that it's not indicative of a larger issue? I would take it to a repair shop here in the Central Florida area, but am having issues finding one. Any advice on my next step? I don't really want to buy a new receiver right now, which will probably be another Marantz (features for price is better than others). Thanks.

Stephen
Try doing at least 4-5 microprocessor resets in a row, otherwise, will likely require repair. You could try popping to top off the unit and see if there are any loose wires near the headphone jack.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #2075 of 2090 Old 11-30-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Try doing at least 4-5 microprocessor resets in a row, otherwise, will likely require repair. You could try popping to top off the unit and see if there are any loose wires near the headphone jack.
Ok, I did a reset about 5 times and still no sound. Took the rcvr out of the shelf and opened it up. Blew it out and checked all that I could check without breaking anything and then put it back together. Went thru the setup again and now it's working. Don't know what happened or if it's anything I did but it's working now. Thanks. At least I don't have to buy one right before the holidays.

Stephen
post #2076 of 2090 Old 11-30-2015, 08:27 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Teffner View Post
Ok, I did a reset about 5 times and still no sound. Took the rcvr out of the shelf and opened it up. Blew it out and checked all that I could check without breaking anything and then put it back together. Went thru the setup again and now it's working. Don't know what happened or if it's anything I did but it's working now. Thanks. At least I don't have to buy one right before the holidays.

Stephen

Great! Enjoy!

------------

post #2077 of 2090 Old 11-30-2015, 04:42 PM

Liked: 1
HDMI and WiFi.

I thought the SR6006 had WiFi out and i find nothing on it in the manual. Am I correct: no WiFi out?

My HDMI ports went out; I think broken off the circuit board with a bump. Only sound goes out, no video.

I was hoping to use something other than a repair to get decent video to the TV.

Any suggestions?
post #2078 of 2090 Old 12-06-2015, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscuba View Post
HDMI and WiFi.

I thought the SR6006 had WiFi out and i find nothing on it in the manual. Am I correct: no WiFi out?

My HDMI ports went out; I think broken off the circuit board with a bump. Only sound goes out, no video.

I was hoping to use something other than a repair to get decent video to the TV.

Any suggestions?
No, the 6006 does not have any form of Wi-Fi.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

HD-DVD: 55 / Blu-ray: 83
newest: Brotherhood of the Wolf / The Raid 2, Book of Life
AVR: Marantz SR6006
F/C/R: Polk RTi A9's / CSi A6 / Speakercraft AIMWIDE 3 / Sub: SVS PB12-NSD
Samsung PN58C8000 Samsung BD-P2550, Toshiba HD-A30, SA 8240HDC, Xbox360 Elite, PS3, WDTV Live
post #2079 of 2090 Old 12-06-2015, 03:07 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscuba View Post
HDMI and WiFi.

Any suggestions?

Wifi was only first introduced on the 2014 models (eg. SR6009).

------------

post #2080 of 2090 Old 01-10-2016, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Any tips on setting up with an external amp? I have a center channel hooked up to the AVR, pre outs to my new amp for L and R. Everything seems to work, but I feel like I need to turn up the volume much louder than I had been when just using the AVR (-23db) in order for the amp to turn on. It's a Parasound A23 hooked up through unbalanced and audio trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #2081 of 2090 Old 01-10-2016, 07:51 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
Any tips on setting up with an external amp? I have a center channel hooked up to the AVR, pre outs to my new amp for L and R. Everything seems to work, but I feel like I need to turn up the volume much louder than I had been when just using the AVR (-23db) in order for the amp to turn on. It's a Parasound A23 hooked up through unbalanced and audio trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you rerun Audyssey again after adding the A23? It has a different gain structure than the AVR.

------------

post #2082 of 2090 Old 01-11-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Did you rerun Audyssey again after adding the A23? It has a different gain structure than the AVR.
I did not. I was intending to run REW and try to conduct Manila settings.

Shouldn't the amp work as if the receiver was out of the box if Audyssey is turned off/bypassed?

Last edited by Superman07; 01-11-2016 at 05:46 AM.
post #2083 of 2090 Old 01-11-2016, 06:19 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
I did not. I was intending to run REW and try to conduct Manila settings.

Shouldn't the amp work as if the receiver was out of the box if Audyssey is turned off/bypassed?
Correct, which is why you must run Audyssey again so there is no volume difference at the same master volume level.

------------

post #2084 of 2090 Old 01-11-2016, 06:50 AM

I can rerun it, but am confused. Suppose I don't fully understand how the software/settings in the receiver work.
post #2085 of 2090 Old 01-11-2016, 07:02 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
I can rerun it, but am confused. Suppose I don't fully understand how the software/settings in the receiver work.
When you run Audyssey ... part of what is done is to ensure the level of every speaker is the same at a given AVR master volume level when a test tone is passed to each speaker. There is a gain/volume knob on the A23 (which normally should be set to the max (ie. Reference)). Regardless of the gain setting, when the A23 is used, the AVR will adjust the speaker level to accommodate for the difference in power provided by the A23 amp compared to the AVR's amp.

------------

post #2086 of 2090 Old 01-13-2016, 09:13 PM

Hi All,

I've had my 6006 for years now. It has served me well. Recently had a power outage and I had to reset the device. On the front panel display porthole there is now a series of dots (3 or 4?) in the upper right quadrant. Never been there before. What is it and can it be turned off??

TIA
post #2087 of 2090 Old 01-13-2016, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This happened to me once before. The dots indicate that Zones 2 and/or 3 are powered on. You can power them off from the remote.
post #2088 of 2090 Old 01-13-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiyagari View Post
This happened to me once before. The dots indicate that Zones 2 and/or 3 are powered on. You can power them off from the remote.
Done. Hooray. Thx mucho. That light was bugging me!
post #2089 of 2090 Old 01-14-2016, 08:57 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman503 View Post
Hi All,

I've had my 6006 for years now. It has served me well. Recently had a power outage and I had to reset the device. On the front panel display porthole there is now a series of dots (3 or 4?) in the upper right quadrant. Never been there before. What is it and can it be turned off??

TIA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1183930  

------------

post #2090 of 2090 Old 01-15-2016, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the follow up! The universe is back in balance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5006 Av Receiver , Marantz Sr6006 Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page