AVS Forum banner

Marantz SR5006 / Marantz SR6006 Receiver Thread

470K views 2K replies 405 participants last post by  jmulder88 
#1 ·

SR5006 Key Features (Bold features are upgrades vs. the SR5005) - $799 Retail

* 7ch Discrete Amplifier 100Wx7 (8 ohms)

* Network/streaming (Internet radio, Napster, Rhapsody, Pandora, Wizz App control, Flicker, I/P control, DLNA, AirPlay, firmware updates and remote maintenance)

* New Setup Wizard

* Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, dts Neural Surround, etc.

* Multi Room Audio

* M-XPort for Bluetooth wireless receiver connected with iPhone / Cell Phone

* Back Lit Learning remote with LCD

* Certified Control4, Crestron & AMX compatible (RS232C)

* HDMI 1.4a(3D, Audio Return Channel & CEC)

* USB Connectivity with iPod Digital. One touch playback

* Up-scaling the HDMI to HDMI 1080 video signal

* Six HDMI inputs

SR6006 Key Features (Bold features are upgrades vs. the SR6005) - $1,199 Retail

* 7ch Discrete Amplifier 110Wx7 (8 ohms)

* Network/streaming (Internet radio, Napster, Rhapsody, Pandora, Wizz App control, Flicker, I/P control, DLNA, AirPlay, firmware updates and remote maintenance)

* Phono Input and Two DC trigger outs

* NEW Setup Wizard

* Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, dts Neural Surround, etc.

* Upgraded transparent speaker binding posts

* Three zone of audio and digital input playback

* M-XPort for Bluetooth wireless receiver connected with iPhone / Cell Phone

* Back Lit Learning remote with LCD

* Built in HD Radio tuner

* Certified Control4, Crestron & AMX compatible (RS232C)

* HDMI 1.4a(3D, Audio Return Channel & CEC)

* USB Connectivity with iPod Digital

* Up-scaling the HDMI to HDMI 1080 video signal

* HDMI 7 Inputs (6 on back panel and 1 on front panel/ 2 output (simultaneous)

See less See more
#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_K /forum/post/20430566

Why do you think they would do that? Are the ABT inferior? Are the others cheaper?

Any word on ship date?

I think D&M is showing differentiation in pushing Audyssey and sound quality over video scaling and other peripheral features. Candidly, I agree with their strategy provided the largely untested analog devices chips don't molest hdmi video.

They should be out in late June.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by garypen /forum/post/20431633

I see nothing in a bold font.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.. should be a simple fix when winston has time to update..

#13 ·
The 5006 has a 650W power consumption spec and the receiver weighs close to 26lbs so must have a decent amp section. I wonder if these will have a nicer GUI. Not sure I like the new look...

#14 ·
excellent but i still wouldnt change my sr8002 for one,not yet atleast.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1
excellent but i still wouldnt change my sr8002 for one,not yet atleast.
I'm interested to know why. I've got an SR8001 and am pretty interested in the 6006. Can't think of anything I'd be giving up, but would be gaining HDMI passthrough on standby (a big deal for my setup).

thanks,

..dane

#22 ·
I just don't see what the extra $400 is for to upgrade to the 6006. Am I missing something? The 5006 is 25.6 lbs and the 6006 is 26.0 lbs. Both have 650 watt power consumption. Both use Audyssey MultiEQ XT. The only additions I see on the 6006 are 1 extra HDMI out and 1 in. Preamp outputs for all channels. I'm guessing HD radio but I don't see it listed. That's about it. Doesn't seem like much for the extra 400. That being said the 5006 is very interesting to me and I can't wait for the owner's manual to come out to get more info.

#24 ·
Seeing the 6006, can anyone talk me into justifying a 7005? I was planning on getting the 7005 to run my 2 channel rig for now, and as I build up into a 5:1 rig, ultimately using it a pre/pro for at least the mains with some better amplification.

But it appears that with the 6006 coming in with essentially the same feature set, a largely negligible power difference, and perhaps a bit cleaner output (98 vs 96 dB S/N), it there really any point in bumping up to the 7005? The current feedback preamp?

Perhaps a tipping point question: with a 7005, when running it as a pre/pro, is it possible to defeat the internal amps?

Cheers!

#25 ·
I am in the same boat as waygorked. I have been looking at the 7005 for over a month. Now with the 6006 implimenting all the networking features that previously sold me on stepping up, I am trying to determine why the 6006 wouldn't serve me as good. If anyone has a good comparitive analysis, please share.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by waygorked /forum/post/20562419

Perhaps a tipping point question: with a 7005, when running it as a pre/pro, is it possible to defeat the internal amps?

Cheers!

sure, don't hook up speakers to them...

however, in the context of how i think you are asking the question, no, you cannot turn them "off"...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.