Please help! Question re: HK 3490. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-22-2011, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all.

I have a PS3 connected via toslink to the HK 3490. I de-selected the 5.1 channel audio output in the PS3 settings; it is only outputting 2-channel.

I am having some difficulty understanding how to select the toslink as a source. The HK 3490 manual and FAQ is absolutely no help at all.

It isn't clear to me what source I should be selecting, first of all. CD? Video 1? Those are all labeled on the back of the receiver as their own inputs, and they're all analog. Shouldn't the toslink connection be selectable as its own input?

The HK 3490 website says to press and hold the front panel source selector while tapping the T-Mon button to scroll through inputs. Well, I did this on every source available to select optical. The screen will flash optical once or twice, then go back to analog. I don't even know which source I should be selecting for this.

Please help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-30-2011, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 324
You are switching to optical correctly but it is displaying analog because your source (PS3) is not sending a signal. The optical should work once you actually start playing content from the PS3.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro..."
post #3 of 3 Old 05-30-2011, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by postrokfan View Post
You are switching to optical correctly but it is displaying analog because your source (PS3) is not sending a signal. The optical should work once you actually start playing content from the PS3.

Potstrokfan is correct it always reverts back to analog when no signal is present from optical.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page