Accessories4less - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 05-28-2011, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone ever buy from them? Good or bad experience. Is a refurbished Pio Elite product to be trusted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-28-2011, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Oops, i meant Unitedonlineshopping.com.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrpro3 View Post

Anyone ever buy from them? Good or bad experience. Is a refurbished Pio Elite product to be trusted?

post #3 of 13 Old 05-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Sorry, never herd or delt with Unitedonlineshopping. I have delt with Accessories4less as it was a positive experiance... just the one time that is. I would look at Vanns.com as they have excedllent clearance items that change daily as well as excellent customer services. I have delt with them quite a bit as they have always treated me VERY good. At the momnet as I type this they dont have a Pio El but if you check back daily it changes... or you can call them to put you on the list if they get one in.
post #4 of 13 Old 05-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
First, they've been around for years and are frequently mentioned on various A/V sites. Here's one link, intentionally from another site, and intentionally a few years old, just so you can see you're far from the first to ask: http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2655600

And yes, I just bought a hugely discounted AVR from them this morning, and I have very little concern about getting a quality product. In fact, I rationalize that my chances to have a problem to start with (which is not uncommon these days) has probably been removed. When you consider the number of a certain model that are available for sale after refurb, it usually (certainly, not always) means there was a single common problem with that model, and that it has been taken care of.

Some people can't stand the thought of a "problem" ever even existing and wouldn't buy a refurb, but some of those same people wouldn't hesitate to overpay JohnnyAudio1973 in our "gear for Sale" section, just because he's a member here.... and swears his unit was "hardly ever used" . Me? I'd trust Accessories and save LOTS more .

My 8 cents............

LOL, interrupted while typing...and now see you edited it to mean a different site. I'm leaving my post as stands
post #5 of 13 Old 05-28-2011, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 104
I almost bought a factory refurb from them last year but ended up buying on AudiogoN instead. FWIW they have sold almost 3,000 products on eBay and have 100% positive feedback. Looks like they have a mix of A-stock and factory refurbished.

http://shop.ebay.com/unitedonlinesho...id=p4340.l2562

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, except not while driving a school bus.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 PM

Liked: 10
Yup ordered a onkyo 606 and onkyo stereo system and bolth came in like new condition. Will order new reciever from them when its time to upgrade.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-28-2011, 08:33 PM

i ordered from accessories4less though.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 AM

I had a terrible experience with them. I ordered a receiver at a very good price. It arrived and was DOA. I sent an email and was told I had to return it within 4 days and to insure it. I sent it FedEx as I was told not to send it USPS. I was charged for shipping when I purchased it and to return it; $30 in total. I was told that I would not be reimbursed for any of the charges since I did not request a replacement. Why would I when the first one was DOA?!? Don't bother with this company. You get what you pay for. Never again!
post #9 of 13 Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanus View Post

I had a terrible experience with them. I ordered a receiver at a very good price. It arrived and was DOA. I sent an email and was told I had to return it within 4 days and to insure it. I sent it FedEx as I was told not to send it USPS. I was charged for shipping when I purchased it and to return it; $30 in total. I was told that I would not be reimbursed for any of the charges since I did not request a replacement. Why would I when the first one was DOA?!? Don't bother with this company. You get what you pay for. Never again!

So being an ignorant buyer is their fault? Terms are clearly outlined. Maybe you should have read them. rolleyes.gif

Reality Based.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrpro3 View Post

Oops, i meant Unitedonlineshopping.com.....

I have purchased from both and can give them both a "Thumbs Up". No factory warranty from United though.

CD

Reality Based.
post #11 of 13 Old 07-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Exactly. My dealings with A4L have been wonderful. No complaints whatsoever on a variety of things I have purchased from them. I recommend them highly.
post #12 of 13 Old 07-14-2012, 04:34 AM

Liked: 50
haven't had any issues with a4l either; bought my avr, bdp & cdp thru them, all refurbs & all are working great after a couple years!! buy with confidence! biggrin.gif

"To the journey..."
LG 60PV450
Onkyo TX-NR818
Polk RTi A7 Mains
Polk RTi CSi A6 Center
Polk RTi A5 Wides & Surrounds
HSU VTF2-Mk4
Teac PD-H600
Marantz BD7004
Dual 1218
post #13 of 13 Old 07-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post

So being an ignorant buyer is their fault? Terms are clearly outlined. Maybe you should have read them. rolleyes.gif

I read their terms, and ordered from them based on all the 'great' remarks here. 1st receiver was DOA, requested a replacement, it died within a week, so sent it back as well. I was told they DIDNT WANT to send me another unit. But still withheld shipping charges.
Never again, no matter how good the 'deal' seems, will they get another penny from me.

...what a long, strange trip its been.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page