Onkyo TX-8555 zone 2 buzzing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Onkyo TX-8555 2 zone receiver and a Yamaha MX-35 (2/4 channel) amp. I have this set up in the garage. The receiver (A) is powering Eaves, (B) Rock speakers. Amp is powering bookselfs in garage and a small stereo planter speaker. This has been working fine for the last 2 years.
However this weekend I am getting a loud buzzing sound in zone 2 when I have my logitech squeezebox plugged in. I have determined that is definitely related to the power supply of the squeezebox. As soon as I plug it in, the low buz is heard across z2. Now I did do some troubleshooting on another issue prior to this occurring (low volume on one of the rocks) which leads me to believe I somehow caused this.

The buzzing occurs when any input is selected for Z2-not just when the SB is the source. I have tested the squeezebox on other AV equipment and no buzz. Also tried plugging it into other outlets, but still get the buzzing. With it unplugged, all other sources work fine in zone 2. As a test I ran the inputs directly into the amp and that worked fine with no buzz. So it appears that the amp, the offending source (squeezebox), and Zone2 of the Onkyo are seemingly ok on their own. Yet Z2 just does not seem to like it all of a sudden?
I am flummoxed! Any insights are much appreciated!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page